Couple use baby in tug-of-war

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

03/10/2008 11:57 PM ID: 69187

Couple Fight Over Infant Son Tug-of-War Style; Breaks Bones All Over Body

A couple in Indianapolis have been charged with neglect, battery and attempted murder after their seven-week-old son suffered body-wide broken bones from being at the center of a tug-of-war fight. He is recovering in the hospital with multiple casts.
    Marion County prosecutor's chief of staff Helen Marchal said, "She grabbed the baby under the arm. Spears grabbed the baby at the feet. They actually kind of did a tug-of-war with the child using the child as a rope."

"We are aggressively going to prosecute this individual. The facts support the attempted murder charge through the … extent of the injuries, number of injuries and the fact that the defendant has pretty much confessed to doing this," said Marchal.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Source: [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]www.theindychannel.com[/FONT][/FONT]

IMO, forget prison or parenting classes, they should both be shot. :mad: It's more difficult to get a fishing license than a marriage license; and don't get me started on how any moron with a uterus can have a baby. :aargh4:

2. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

WTF...how can people be so stupid??? I think they should be tied to the bumpers of two cars and let the drivers play tug of war with the mother and father.

3. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The ugliness of older children having babies.

Recalls a joke I once made in regard to a man I knew: his wife said it was time to make a baby. He cried out "What do you need a baby for? You've got me!"
    Point.

Anyway, no where in any school I had, made any attempt to deal with children and consequences of children. Pure selfishness and manipulation leads to headlines like you quote. Sex is fun, but you have to be responsible.

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

This is where it would be a good idea to put them in a pillory, in the public square, with a description of the crime posted above. Leave 'em there, sunup to sundown for every day the baby takes to recover completely.

5. Dr. Algonquin

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    "Court documents stated that Spears admitted becoming frustrated with Jaden and squeezing him. He was also accused of shaking the infant."

The baby was only seven weeks old and he'd already been abused this much. The poor thing.

"If convicted on all charges, Spears could face up to 50 years in prison and Hamilton could be sentenced to up to 23 years behind bars."

Both "parents" are 19.

6. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    I'm with you! There is no excuse. They should both be sterilized too so they can't have anymore kids!

7. seahorses

seahorses Member

I know this is inexcusable, but the reason for this sort of behaviour is because the parents have often been abused as children themselves and don’t know any better. The situation is worsening. It features alongside antisocial behaviour and I can foresee a time when all young adults will have to undergo some form of national service; to be taught moral values, how to behave and to fit into society. It’s no good throwing up hands once the damage is done.

8. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Yikes! :eek: I'll bet that's all over the news there in Indianapolis (I just moved here from Indianapolis 2 years ago, and still have some friends there - although thankfully, I do NOT know these parents!) I may not be particularly crazy about children, but my solution is to avoid them, certainly NOT abuse and torture them!

Talk about a case where it'll be hard to find jurors though! I had jury duty today and the case I was selected for (I was selected for the jury pool but did not get selected for the actual jury) was an animal cruelty case - and I thought that was bad enough!

9. JC8

JC8 Member

Albums:
    Quite biblical.

10. allan1015

allan1015 New Member

And the religious right don't want gay people to have and raise children.
    Give me a break! That kinda behavior is F**ked up!

Draft saved Draft deleted