Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This might be random and or out of place, but I didn't know where else this belonged and it is something for women to talk about. Here it goes.

Does anyone else here feel like, or dream about being a Courtesan, Oiran, Geisha, or Companion. I just love the idea of being an elegant and mysterious figure.

Oh all the things you'd have to learn, dance, music, art, and of course the art of sex. Also they tend to be treated with a great deal of respect and deference from nearly everyone. It's all very fascinating.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy, because I am the only person I know who thinks of these things...

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Agreed, there is something quite mysterious and fascinating about the lifestyle. While I do enjoy reading about historically significant courtesans and female libertines - from the Hetaera to Dewi Sukarno - I have never dreamed of becoming one, however I can understand why it appeals to you.

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have dreams of that too being treated like a queen yet serving men like they deserve with all the love respect, and dignity they deserve.

Last edited:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This might be random and or out of place, but I didn't know where else this belonged and it is something for women to talk about. Here it goes.

Does anyone else here feel like, or dream about being a Courtesan, Oiran, Geisha, or Companion. I just love the idea of being an elegant and mysterious figure.

Oh all the things you'd have to learn, dance, music, art, and of course the art of sex. Also they tend to be treated with a great deal of respect and deference from nearly everyone. It's all very fascinating.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy, because I am the only person I know who thinks of these things...

Sure I could do it.

My username is the bastardized spelling of the name of a character from a book who was the top courtesan in the kingdom, as well as close friend/confidant of her Queen. NOT that I'm saying I'm that special, but I liked the name and I adore the book series. In spite of all the bad things that can happen to sex workers, there is some glamour/appeal to it, yes.

Hell, even when I was a paid adult cam girl there was a touch of odd mystique. Having people go out of their way, paying to spend time with you is kinda nice. I've thought about doing other sex work but I don't know that I have the right personality/psyche for it.

trunksisba

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It never even occurred to me, but now that I think about it it does sound appealing. Not in modern day times though, I'd rather be a courtesan in The Renaissance.

trunksisba

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would want to be a courtesan for a culture that accepts them. Where it's more than just sex. Where you're actually revered and respected for you what you do. Modern times don't view sex as it should be viewed.

The culture in the book I ninja'd this name from, being a courtesan is a respected thing and ties in some with their religion.. after being trained/gaining a reputation they picked their clients too :smile:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I read Memoirs of a Geisha. If I lived during that time period and in Japan, it's what I would choose to do, but only because it seems like it was the best option for the most control over one's own life. Given the choice, I'd never choose my life now over the life as a Geisha described in that book.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Haha I was just assuming that I'd be a natural...I'm sure you would be too :wink:

I'm sure I'd get by with the sex bit, but all the other stuff? I'd be screwed :tongue:. Sir has been having a hard enough time convincing me that makeup and girly clothes can be good things :tongue:. No high class courtesan job for me :frown1::tongue:.

I have no doubt you would do a whole lot better than I would!