Courtesan/Oiran/Geisha/Companion

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh yes, make up and girly clothes. Forgot about those, I'm not so good at that lol

It's definitely my downfall.

Then there's the fact that most courtesans etc are expected to actually study and know stuff and converse intelligently. Many cultures expect their courtesan equivalent to be able to play an instrument, or sing, or have SOME kind of skill or talent. And it goes on and on. Courtesans are usually highly respected because they've earned it.

It all sounds way too demanding and like way too much work for me!

Suckortease

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you have not seen the movie Dangerous Beauty, you should. It is about, Veronica Franco, a real life 16th Century Courtesan in Venice.

This might be random and or out of place, but I didn't know where else this belonged and it is something for women to talk about. Here it goes.

Does anyone else here feel like, or dream about being a Courtesan, Oiran, Geisha, or Companion. I just love the idea of being an elegant and mysterious figure.

Oh all the things you'd have to learn, dance, music, art, and of course the art of sex. Also they tend to be treated with a great deal of respect and deference from nearly everyone. It's all very fascinating.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy, because I am the only person I know who thinks of these things...
To be honest the fantasy is far from the truth for being a Geisha. My suggestion is you look at how they were treated. What was expected of these souls, plain and simply put, cruelty.

ClawdineKitten

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'd rather be a Courtesan than a Geisha if I had to choose. I would also pick to be one in the Renaissance era, and not modern times also like a few mentioned.

If anything I really like the idea of a being a Companion like from Firefly which is what in the link I posted it tells you all about it. It sounds like a much more free form of being a Courtesan.

It's just something I've wanted to talk about with others for a while now, but it's hard to find anyone who cares to even talk about it.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I read Memoirs of a Geisha. If I lived during that time period and in Japan, it's what I would choose to do, but only because it seems like it was the best option for the most control over one's own life. Given the choice, I'd never choose my life now over the life as a Geisha described in that book.

I meant to write, "Given the choice, I'd choose my life now over the life as a Geisha described in that book." I didn't mean to include the word "never."

Is there any reason that you could not also now perform this type of role to a partner?

That's a good question. On Fetlife it seems like a lot of subs do perform that kind of role for their partners, sort of. It doesn't seem like many Doms expect their subs to memorize poetry or learn an instrument, but there's less of a need to find ways to keep a man entertained since the invention of Xbox and Netflix. :tongue:

ClawdineKitten

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Is there any reason that you could not also now perform this type of role to a partner?

My current boyfriend did mention that I do pretty much already act like a Courtesan, just 1- I'm not being paid 2- I don't have as many clients as a real Courtesan would.

I dance, read aloud, and wear the clothing that a Courtesan might wear in modern times. I wear corsets for fun and I like to dress up.

OlderGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would most definitely be willing to do this, under certain conditions. I would take a student and become her student at the same time. Very tantric and old school. I knew some Filipinas who embody this idea.

ClawdineKitten

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I would most definitely be willing to do this, under certain conditions. I would take a student and become her student at the same time. Very tantric and old school. I knew some Filipinas who embody this idea.

That is a very interesting and great way of looking at it. I love the idea, of being the teacher and the student at the time.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Oh really?
I'd wear you out.
You'd beg me for sleep.

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This might be random and or out of place, but I didn't know where else this belonged and it is something for women to talk about. Here it goes.

Does anyone else here feel like, or dream about being a Courtesan, Oiran, Geisha, or Companion. I just love the idea of being an elegant and mysterious figure.

Oh all the things you'd have to learn, dance, music, art, and of course the art of sex. Also they tend to be treated with a great deal of respect and deference from nearly everyone. It's all very fascinating.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy, because I am the only person I know who thinks of these things...

Never thought about it, but, yes I would.

ClawdineKitten

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
this makes me all kinds of curious about what various menfolk would expect from a modern day courtesan/companion/geisha/oiran.

Haha it's got me thinking about it now too, I might just go ask my bf what he would want from me if I were his personal courtesan for the day.

I kind of would like to start a poll or something to see what the guys would want from their Courtesans/companions/geisha/oiran/etc.