courtship

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There seems to be lots of threads about how to fuck, what to fuck etc.
and don't get me wrong I love a good hard fuck like no one else but....
Guys....how do you woo a woman?
Are you an old fashioned Gentleman when you court your lady?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guys....how do you woo a woman? Do guys still do that? :eek::confused: I honestly, have never been wooed in my entire dating life. If a man were to do something that sweet I'd probably go into fright or flight mode. :redface::frown1: Are you an old fashioned Gentleman when you court your lady? I can't wait to hear the responses to this one. I really am quite curious.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Perhaps I have put the wrong heading on this thread...at the sight of it the men have tucked tail and headed for the hills in a cloud of dust!!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps I have put the wrong heading on this thread...at the sight of it the men have tucked tail and headed for the hills in a cloud of dust!!!
Well it's almost 9:00 AM in the UK so maybe the men who know how to woo are in the tube? :tongue: It's dinner time in Western Australia so that's where those guys are. Here on the east coast USA it's almost 4:00 AM so most folks are asleep and on the west coast they are probably just hitting the hay as it's about 1:00 AM.

The sad truth may be that chivalry is dead and courting is only done by those who adhere to the laws of the Koran or Orthodox Jews. :redface: If that is the sad truth then I think we might all do well to convert. :rolleyes::redface:

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't diss us men. How rude! :biggrin1::wink:

Right, so ermmm. I shouldn't really put it into present tense, but I will. I think that there's nothing more pleasurable than to woo a damsel...which, btw, doesn't have to end once you're married.

When Mrs. biguy and I first started dating, I loved our walks around the lake. Telling her that we're going out for an evening drive and surprising her with evening picnics. Once I cut flowers out of colored paper and wrote and attribute that I love/admire about her and stuck it all over the wall. Writing poems to her. Stuff like that. It brought and still brings me much pleasure to see the surprise on her face and the tears start to flow because of how much it means to her.

I'm using past tense because we've both matured since then, but the wooing continues, just in different ways.

We "play the SHMILY" game...See How Much I Love You is one of our favourite ways of continuing to court each other.

We'll text message the SHMILY to each other on occasion - the idea is not to ram it down each other's throats until it's a case of "Yeah right, thanks". To write it down on and decorate the small piece of paper and hide it in the sugar bowl, or in her box of *wink* you know what (I think every woman needs such a reminder during that time of the month).

I've found that the most meaningful actions/times of our courtship have been the ones that barely cost us a cent.

I still open the car door for her...so QT, chivalry hasn't died...the problem is that nowadays, people are willing to settle for less and it's become a norm.

hapym

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its been a long time 15yr since i spent time to get to know a lady. dinner dance chat i trust chivalry isnt dead if men took more time holding doors they would realize you can look at a ldy longer if she has to pass by closely

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I still open the car door for her...so QT, chivalry hasn't died...the problem is that nowadays, people are willing to settle for less and it's become a norm.
That's sweet, but most American's barely teach their children to eat with a fork instead of their hands. :frown1:

I once dated a man who liked to piss me off, (don't ask:rolleyes:) he knew I liked my doors opened, and my chair pulled out at dinner. He thought it would be cute to open his car door and then toss the keys to me. This happend twice, the 2nd time I was looking for something in my purse and they hit me in the head just right. I ended up with a minor scratch which bled like crazy. When we went back into his parents house for peroxide and a bandaid I told his mother how this happend and she got so angry she started beating him with the wooden spoon she had in her hand. :smile: His brother (a fireman and 9 yrs older than my bf) came in and was like what the hell is going on. So I told him whilst holding ice to my temple. He was pissed, told his mom he would take care of it. He called the 2 other older brothers and they pretty much beat the crap out of him. :biggrin1:

Did I mention I am a wonderful girlfriend and parents always love me? He was a perfect gentleman after that; but I didn't like dating a guy that needed his mother to beat him with a spoon in order for him to act right.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I once dated a man who liked to piss me off, (don't ask:rolleyes:) he knew I liked my doors opened, and my chair pulled out at dinner. He thought it would be cute to open his car door and then toss the keys to me. This happend twice, the 2nd time I was looking for something in my purse and they hit me in the head just right. I ended up with a minor scratch which bled like crazy. When we went back into his parents house for peroxide and a bandaid I told his mother how this happend and she got so angry she started beating him with the wooden spoon she had in her hand. :smile: His brother (a fireman and 9 yrs older than my bf) came in and was like what the hell is going on. So I told him whilst holding ice to my temple. He was pissed, told his mom he would take care of it. He called the 2 other older brothers and they pretty much beat the crap out of him. :biggrin1:

Did I mention I am a wonderful girlfriend and parents always love me? He was a perfect gentleman after that; but I didn't like dating a guy that needed his mother to beat him with a spoon in order for him to act right.

I'm sorry but this is a screamer! I'm trying to be serious here (put on a straight face, put on a straight face, put on a straight face) WAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA I'm sorry - I can picture his Mom with the spoon.

QT...and you did what to him? What I'm trying to say is....let's see, if it had been one of my sisters...well I'm sure he'd still be in the emergency room with the doctors trying to remove the keys from his rectum.

Big en

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sorry but this is a screamer! I'm trying to be serious here (put on a straight face, put on a straight face, put on a straight face) WAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA I'm sorry - I can picture his Mom with the spoon.

An absolute classic:biggrin1:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What some men fail to see is that when they act like gentlemen, take their time, woo their lady, show respect it speaks to a womans heart and soul.
The taking time to listen, to appreciate her unique qualities developes trust.
And when a woman decides to trust with her mind, heart and soul she gives of her body as a gift to her man.
She desires to please him.
To see him happy.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a gentleman, I am now compelled to respond.

Part of the reason my wife took damn near 15 years to finally say yes was that, like most women, they are only used to assholes. I sent flowers for no apparent reason, held the door, pulled out the chair for her, NEVER made her pay for ANYTHING if we were out. She will even tell you the thing that scared her the most was my 3rd proposal which she said yes and then no to as she still didn't know how to take a guy who wasn't an asshole.

I love pandas and as such, my wife had the nickname Panda early on in our relationship life. She developed a love for them as well. I was in Kansas City for Thanksgiving 1999 and had a suite at the Westin because I needed the extra room since I was still doing work... OK, OK, I had the suite because I was spoiling myself after a very good business year. Kristin spent the weekend with me there. while shopping in the shops next door to the hotel, she fell in love with a plush panda toy. She refused to let me buy it. While ger back was turned I bought the bear and told the clerk I would have someone collect it later on.

On the way back, I went to the front desk to collect a parcel that had arrived from my office. She went ahead to the room. I then put my plan into action. I talked to the concierge about collecting the bear and picking up some other items and slipped him some money. I talked to the night maids and asked them to take care of some things before bedtime that night and tipped them. As we went out the lobby doors to meet friends for dinner, I gave my signal to the concierge and the game was afoot. When we returned from dinner, I got the wink from the concierge telling me all was set. We walked into the suite and she went to the bedroom and opened the door and gasped. I was even gobsmacked when I saw what had happened.

The room was lit with about 20 candles. The bed was turned down and covered with rose petals. In the center of the bed sat the panda bear with a dozen roses. On one of the side tables was a platter with chocolate covered strawberries and Vueve Clicquot chilled in a chiller. I dropped to one knee and produced a 2 carat diamond and popped the question. She said yes. I excused myself long enough to go down to the lobby and tip everybody $50 each. After a wonderful night of sleep (no sex), we were awakened at 9 am by breakfast en suite. Western Omelettes, fresh fruit, and Turkish coffee.

Now either I was (and still am) crazy to love someone to go to those extremes to woo her, or I have been taught by some of the best gentlemen in the world.

Now a man has chimed in. The ladies can go back to their bashing of males who aren't romantic now. :wink:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh Sweetheart....You have me crying......
YES!!!! YES!!!!!!! You get it,,,that is just so wonderful, so beautiful,so special.....and no I would never bash a MAN for being a gentleman, a man who really knew women and knew how to make them feel cherished, desired and oh so feminine.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Njqt466,
I'm sorry, that was hilarious. Although, I feel your pain after dating a guy who loved to piss me off and then try and get ass for some angry sex.

Back to the topic,
I am wooed on occasion; problem is, the wooer is either someone I have almost no interest in or is an expert wooer of every woman in the city, haha.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What exactly do you mean by courting? Because from what I have heard courting differs from dating in that the man is in pursuit of the woman in courting with a goal towards marriage. Dating is still the weeding out process. I would have to say I have been pursued in a courtly manner by men in the past and present. I think there is nothing better. I think it can be frustrating to both men and women when they dont quite know where they stand. It feels wonderful to be able to respond to someone in a positive and non game playing fashion. I suppose as the book says it is the difference between someone who is not really into you and someone who is. I think we as women make all sorts of excuses when someone we find attractive does not feel exactly the same. There is no comparison. You will know it when you see it. Full throttle pursuit.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What exactly do you mean by courting? Because from what I have heard courting differs from dating in that the man is in pursuit of the woman in courting with a goal towards marriage. Dating is still the weeding out process. I would have to say I have been pursued in a courtly manner by men in the past and present. I think there is nothing better. I think it can be frustrating to both men and women when they dont quite know where they stand. It feels wonderful to be able to respond to someone in a positive and non game playing fashion. I suppose as the book says it is the difference between someone who is not really into you and someone who is. I think we as women make all sorts of excuses when someone we find attractive does not feel exactly the same. There is no comparison. You will know it when you see it. Full throttle pursuit.

Exactly right. Big difference between courting and dating.

And Dragonfly? After she later got scared and said no to my proposal, she proposed to me via MSN Messenger after her divorce from husband #2. I'm still waiting to be courted back. :biggrin1: