Cover up, or not...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by jakeh1234321, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jakeh1234321

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    In the locker room at my gym, there are some kids (mostly boys, but sometimes younger girls too) in the locker room. Is there any proper protocall for changing or showering in front of them? Is it ok if they see my backside, or my front side? What's the best way to go about this? I especially feel weird around the middle school age guys AND also the boys and their dads. Although, it wasnt that long ago that I was their age...I sometimes feel weird. I usually just get naked and try not to worry about it. What are your guy's thoughts/what do you do?

2. sekretadmirer

sekretadmirer Member

I would feel strange in front of the girls too, but not the boys. If they haven't figured out yet that one day their penises will grow and they will get pubes that is pretty sad. Don't cover up. Give them something to strive for! Men should not be ashamed to be naked in front of other guys. It's not sexual, it's just life!

3. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Of course I lived in Prague for 16 years where kids of all ages were in the showers and locker rooms and none of them were shy, covered up or gave a hoot. It was just they open way they were raised, I guess. I've seen dads with their daughters too in the showers and after a few times I just gave up trying to be modest - no one else was covering up or turning away so "when in Rome...." became my motto. :)

4. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

I would feel strange in front of the girls too, but not the boys. If they haven't figured out yet that one day their penises will grow and they will get pubes that is pretty sad. Don't cover up. Give them something to strive for! Men should not be ashamed to be naked in front of other guys. It's not sexual, it's just life!

GREAT WORDS -

5. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Girls/women should not be in men's locker rooms. That goes for female sports reporters. (Just my opinion.)

6. jakeh1234321

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    OK, so I'm getting the picture that girls obviously just shouldnt be around the men's locker room. I would agree, unless it is necessary.

What about guys getting semis and boners and stuff? I dont see many, but I have seen a couple...one being when I was in early high school and the guy didnt cover up. (I ended up with a boner too, and jacking off in the bathroom stall, but that's beside the point). Does the same attitude "we all have one of these things, so it doesnt matter" apply? I know I've been guilty of the LR boner, but I try to cover it up or get rid of it pronto, but should I really care?.. we all are boys/men...

Also, what do people really think about jockstraps in the locker room? Sometimes I wear one and I feel like I need to hide it, especially around younger kids. Do people think its "gay" underwear or "sexy" underwear? What's the general consensus?

7. bondegutten

bondegutten Member

Albums:
    i think jockstraps look pretty gay, never seen anyone wearing them in the gym lockerroom here.
    other than that i don't see the big problem with getting naked in a lockerroom/shower even though there are kids there. it's a setting where nudity is completely natural, and where i come from, no one would consider it strange.

8. twhite833

twhite833 New Member

Albums:
    I would feel strange if there were young girls in the mens locker room but not boys, my personal expierence of being in a public locker room at a community swimming pool there were always boys as young as i'd say 8 all the way to men upwards of 60 and most of the time everyone would walk around naked and not covered up. If there are just males i would say you don't have to cover up

9. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sadly, jockstraps aren't currently "fashionable" but OH HELL for pete's sake... they don't convey your sexual orientation, or sexual object choice. (If you don't know the difference, look it up, people.)

And, to the OP, if you mean by gay= "lame" that's sad as well. Especially when there are very few objects that have such a strong association with masculinity.

As for the thread discussion- I'd lift my towel if there's a young girl in the room- not so much for her but more out of respect for her dad. I don't know why she's there, and I don't know what factors required him to bring her along. I don't know where he normally draws the line in exposing his daughter to nudity, so usually I wouldn't be bothered to quickly cover up and not contribute to it, unless I was desperate for my 'naked time' and I'd probably be at a nude beach or something. (It's a moot issue for me, because my health club has a family locker room and girls aren't allowed in the men's locker room.)

And now for a double standard- if the boy has a penis (hahaha) it would be very situational:

I think you can basically trust your intuition based upon how the kid is behaving... if the kid is gawking and pointing at my shlong and giggling, um yeah I'm gonna towel up PDQ and then give a look of disgust to the father for not giving more supervision to his son. Those are the father types that are already going to angry, embarrassed, or uncomfortable, because (with exception) they are the ones that are not invested in their sons, and often times not comfortable in their own naked skin to pass that on to the cocktail weenie. If it gives a chance for dad to open dialogue with his son, then a happy moment of my life gone is worth it.

But just like about every other guy here on LPSG with a big hairy pair will answer... if the kid is well-behaved and not being loud and obnoxious- if he is supervised and just bare ass, then there's no problem. Men need to have proper role models- socially and physically. Some guys don't get that at home and are S T A R V E D for that reinforcement in their lives- and maybe seeing me not wearing anything in the locker room will help them feel a bit more normal about what's going in their own pants.

I already wrote about an incident when I was in the sauna at my locker room and there was a young teenager who was totally staring at an older man who was not doing a very good job of covering his equipment- and the kid was really unabashedly gawking- so the older man got up and left. Being the only other man in the room, the boy pivoted on his bench and spun to face me, intending on getting a show from me- so I got up and left as well.

If the guy is at least 21, and not a salivating troll, sometimes I don't mind letting the meerkat out of the bag...just depends on the scene- but again, it all depends on trusting my intuition.

#9 mplsingleguy, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  10. jockbear

jockbear Member

If mom and dad don't want their kids to see your weiner then they need to keep their kids out of the locker room. If you want to wear a jock then do it. You don't have to parade around in it though.

11. tamati

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    IMO if your in a locker room, theres no need to cover up no matter who's around. If patents have a problem with nudity in a locker room, they shouldn't have their kids in there yet.

12. B_Sweetcar

B_Sweetcar New Member

Reminds me of similar situations I was in a few years ago. A friend of mine was going through a divorce and had custody of his ten year old son. His son was VERY competitive in any kind of game and especially in sports. My friend was involved with him in sports too. He was the couch of his little league team and they went swimming, skiing and all that together.

I'm not that great at sports but I was one of his son's favorite people to compete against. I didn't mind and it was actually a lot of fun...I spent a couple of long weekends with them at a time share they had at a ski resort that was REALLY for sports fans. They were fully equiped for tennis, swimming, skiing, basketball and stuff you'd do in the gym.

We also went to pools and water parks together. Now, here's where I had a problem...my friend and his son always went to the locker room together to change, shower and all that...That was fine, but I decided I DID not want to be in a situation like that with his son! The kid was a red head and cute as hell as well. So I'd wait till they finished or made some excuse NOT to go to the locker room with them.

Turns out; I'm glad I didn't. While I was spending the weekend in their condo the boy would come into the bathroom while I was in their (shaving or whatever). He'd just stand around and look, so I know he was curious about me...Reminded me of when I was 12 years old; I'd make an excuse to go to the restroom somewhere and just hang out hoping to get a peek of someone's dick (which I did on occasion).

13. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Just don't shave down below, stroke it, or play with your azz, and you'll be fine.

14. cyrushkcurtis

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I believe you're doing the right thing.

15. bigvic

bigvic New Member

its a locker room dude doesn't matter who's in it .....get undressed clean up n get dress n go

16. SpankySD

SpankySD New Member

Albums:
    It's the decision of the parents of the kids to have them in a locker room. So, I wouldn't worry about it. The parents are comfortable with nudity, which is a good thing for their kids, who will grow up comfortable with it. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Those girls are lucky, they won't think of the naked body (of either gender) as something secret or to be ashamed of.

17. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

There are guys who bring their boys to my gym and I don't have any issue with it. As a matter of fact, I think it's great. I don't think it's appropriate to bring little girls into a mens locker room...period. It all comes down to the poor judgement of parents. I'm not going to change my habits in the locker room to accomodate a parent who brings his daughter into the locker room/shower area.

18. Pecker Check

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A few years ago (when living in the DC area) I protested a father's decision to bring his (I'm guessing 8-year-old daughter) with him (more than once) to the mens locker room of the gym I belonged to. I told the management that he could be as progressive as he wanted in his child reering but that I had no intention of being an exhibit in his nature class. I also pointed out that, were the decision mine to present myself naked in front of his daughter, he'd certainly have me arrested. He was told to stop bringing his daughter and I didn't see him/them any more in the gym. I don't take a thing back that I said.

19. Magnus_Phallus

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This opinion makes perfect sense.
    Im surprised you had to bring it up to management.

Girls in the mens locker room?
    Thats just weird!:eek:
    I have never seen that myself,
    where are those places where this happens?
    Bizarro world?

20. D_Ukraine_Muhdik

D_Ukraine_Muhdik Account Disabled

I so dont cover, the girls have probably seen their dads nude, besides its a locker room, nudity is allowed.

Draft saved Draft deleted