Cover up, or not...

rockyasyouneed

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Although I don't stay naked for any longer than needed (like some people) I do like the ability to be naked whilst showering, walking back to the locker room, drying off, and getting dressed. My locker room allows girls in up to the age of 8, to me this is not acceptable at all. One time I was walking from the showers totally naked into the locker room and there was a party of about 10x 8 yer old girls with about 3x dads helping them get changed before going for a swim, it felt wrong on so many levels.

same situation at my gym, very awkward.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Girls older than toddlers simply do not belong in a men's locker room or rest room. If a group of girls need to change for a swim meet and there is no other space available, the locker room should be cleared before they enter.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Girls older than toddlers simply do not belong in a men's locker room or rest room. If a group of girls need to change for a swim meet and there is no other space available, the locker room should be cleared before they enter.

If girls will sometimes be using the pool or other athletic facilities, then there should be a separate locker room for girls and women, at least in our American culture.

It is common courtesy to avoid doing things that unnecessarily make people uncomfortable and in our culture, many people are uncomfortable with mixed gender nudity.

jimmy_

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You shouldn't feel embarrassed about being naked in front of kids, male or female, they wont be! They're too young to have that shame thing we all get later, its hard enough to get the little monsters to wear clothes!
As for the younger guys, they have seen it all before, children these days have access to alot of information thanks to the internet.

If you don't make a deal about being naked, no one else will!

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You shouldn't feel embarrassed about being naked in front of kids, male or female, they wont be! They're too young to have that shame thing we all get later, its hard enough to get the little monsters to wear clothes!
As for the younger guys, they have seen it all before, children these days have access to alot of information thanks to the internet.

If you don't make a deal about being naked, no one else will!

Technically you're right. However, in a civilized society, we take the feelings of other people into consideration and out of courtesy, we generally avoid doing things that would make others uncomfortable.

Many men here in the U.S., including I, would feel uncomfortable nude in a locker room with girls present. Also, many parents would, rightly or wrongly, see it as a hazardous situation. There are ways to avoid the situation without inconveniencing other people, so I think that the situation should be avoided.

That said, in some respects, I think we've gone too far in avoiding nudity. I see no reason that school boys should be required to wear swimming suits when swimming in school pools, or feel uncomfortable when changing and showering in front of other boys. This wasn't a problem before about 1980, but our culture has become overly sexualized to the extent that people confuse nudity with sex.

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Technically you're right. However, in a civilized society, we take the feelings of other people into consideration and out of courtesy, we generally avoid doing things that would make others uncomfortable.

Many men here in the U.S., including I, would feel uncomfortable nude in a locker room with girls present. Also, many parents would, rightly or wrongly, see it as a hazardous situation. There are ways to avoid the situation without inconveniencing other people, so I think that the situation should be avoided.

That said, in some respects, I think we've gone too far in avoiding nudity. I see no reason that school boys should be required to wear swimming suits when swimming in school pools, or feel uncomfortable when changing and showering in front of other boys. This wasn't a problem before about 1980, but our culture has become overly sexualized to the extent that people confuse nudity with sex.
I totally agree with this. In an established nude environment such as a str8 nudist resort there will be some children present, and even then civil behavior is the order of the day. Being nude in a str8 nudist resort means nudity does not ever equate sexual behavior. Gay nudist resorts are very different in regards to sexuality. Although I've never been to a gay nudist resort. I do not know first hand.

I think that's strange that there were young girls in a men's locker room. Not even sure I believe it. Why would a gym have any children in the locker room, for that matter.

But anyway, proper gym protocol is typically complete nudity is fine as long as you're not lingering, i.e., keep it to under a minute, such as walking from the shower to the locker and whatever time it takes to get your underwear on.

Personally, I don't care who sees me naked in the locker room. Anyone entering a locker room should expect some degree of nudity.

D_nvb01aci

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's a culture thing. Almost anywhere here in the U.S. children old enough to notice shouldn't be in locker room & if you're uncomfortable get dressed & go. Check the policies at your gym you might want change.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's a culture thing. Almost anywhere here in the U.S. children old enough to notice shouldn't be in locker room & if you're uncomfortable get dressed & go. Check the policies at your gym you might want change.

That reminds me of a joke I heard.

Billy, of Swedish ancestry, and Jane, of Norwegian ancestry, were playing at Billy's house. When they became muddy, Billy's mother put both children in the bathtub to clean them up. Later in the day, when Billy's father came home, he asked Billy, "What did you learn today?" Billy replied, "I learned the difference between a Swede and a Norwegian."

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do not cover up. If the parents do not want their kids to see, they should keep them out of the lockerroom.

Exactly.

Sure, we need to be civil and conscientious about other people's boundaries, but that doesn't mean we need to organize our lives around other people's potential nonsense concerns. Locker rooms are places where people take off their clothes. Anyone who's worried about their kids seeing naked people should avoid them. Anyone who takes their kid to a locker room and complains about their kids seeing naked people should get kicked out.

jayzb001

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The gym I go to does not allow girls in the men's locker room at all. But there are always boys of all ages. No one bothers to cover up. It's a locker room. We are there to change clothes and shower so it's normal to be naked.

Whether girls or boys are in the lockerroom, does not matter. As others have said, if parents do not want their kids to see dicks, keep them out of the lockerroom.

hungbilly

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I go to my gym to work out. I use the locker room to clean up/shower afterwards. That is what it is for. I have had a man ask me before to please cover up as I was drying off getting out of shower. He had his son in there. He said he did not want to have to explain to his 6 yr old son what uncircumcised was. I was friging drying off 10 seconds out of the shower. Explained to him it was an ADULT lockeroom. He should remove the child if it's a problem.