Covering up

halflife

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I hate the fact that guys today go to tremendous lengths to avoid being 'seen' you know? I feel its unecesary and i feel like the guy is a prude for doing so... It used to be so simple but it seems every guy paranoid that everyone else is trying to check them out. Stop being stuck up people!

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some men are just uncomfortable about showing their bodies, and you really shouldn't be staring at them in the first place. Acting like a 'prude' is their way of saying that they'd really rather not be ogled or stared at so leave 'em be. There are always other men who'll gladly exhibit themselves, so feast on that. And if not, well, the locker room was never meant to be your home for personal, interactive wank-fodder.

If a dude wants to do the hokey-pokey to get changed then let him look the fool.

halflife

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think the fact is that people are uncomfortable with thier bodies and feel a sense of exposure. Everyones so scared of their sexuality and not ready to explore the boundaries and feel comfortable with themselves and around other people. That they were taught to hide themselves and never show anyone anything. To me its like who cares you know people are overreacting thinking like omg its a penis must hide it. Its kinda unnatural and unhealthy to go through life like this

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are so many threads on this topic already. Personally, I am totally comfortable being naked in front of other men in the locker room and for that matter men and women at a nude beach. That's me and I think the perceived shame exhibited by the seemingly prudish is ridiculous but I defend their right to behave in a manner that is comfortable for them. I'm free to be balls out and bare-assed as they are to cover up. No harm, no foul.

halflife

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I just think everyone should just stop and give up the arrogance and let it all hang out. You know? Give up the show they put on and just be themselves

legna

Sexy Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I hate the fact that guys today go to tremendous lengths to avoid being 'seen' you know? I feel its unecesary and i feel like the guy is a prude for doing so... It used to be so simple but it seems every guy paranoid that everyone else is trying to check them out. Stop being stuck up people!

I think the fact is that people are uncomfortable with thier bodies and feel a sense of exposure. Everyones so scared of their sexuality and not ready to explore the boundaries and feel comfortable with themselves and around other people. That they were taught to hide themselves and never show anyone anything. To me its like who cares you know people are overreacting thinking like omg its a penis must hide it. Its kinda unnatural and unhealthy to go through life like this

I just think everyone should just stop and give up the arrogance and let it all hang out. You know? Give up the show they put on and just be themselves

Am I the only one who sees the irony in these remarks presupposing that someone's desire not to show skin -- presumably in a locker room or some other place where one might expect to see men disrobe; the context for these comments was never made clear -- is an act of "arrogance" on their part? :rolleyes:

halflife

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The point being that its been a pet peeve throughout my life...its not like someone cares about other peoples junk and purposefully do it. In a really open family i come from i was just raised its not a big deal as people make it out to be and it kinda annoys me now and i think my english is getting better

S

SirConcis

Is it a case of guys being shy/uncomfortable, or are they under the false impression that showing the body is wrong and so they reluctrantly comply with a "rule" that doesn't exist because they see other people also complying ?

legna

Sexy Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Is it a case of guys being shy/uncomfortable, or are they under the false impression that showing the body is wrong. . .?

This is the heart of why I think this whole string is somewhat absurd. I don't think anyone can say definitively what the motivation for some guys covering up their bodies is. And frankly, who cares? Why is this anyone else's business?

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it is odd when men cover up. I always think they must have a small dick. I don't think guys should be on phones though in the changing rooms as I wonder is some cover up because they fear being photographed...small dick and all. :)

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure what the problem is. If some guys don't like other people to see them naked, why is that anyone's problem but their own? I have no problem with it in the right setting (e.g. the shower/locker room at the gym), but equally it doesn't worry me if someone else is more modest: why should it?

D

deleted3782

For those interested in past conversations on this topic...check here.

S

SirConcis

It bothers me when there are many "modest/shy/whatever" people because it then makes me feel out of place if I am naked for convenience. I am not interested in struggling to never show any skin and get dressed with a towel still around the waist.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I used to just go to the gym to work out, shower, change and get out. I am now one that "covers up". While I don't go so far as to wear a towel "towel dance" while I am trying to get my underwear on, these days I do know as said above there are camera phones around and guys that seem to get off on seeing other guys naked (these are men I don't want to see me naked guys!). I've also noticed more leers in the past few years that I don't appreciate. So call me one of the cover up guys! That's me! If that comes across as "stuck up" to some people, than maybe YOU shouldn't be noticing that I have a towel on instead of being naked for YOUR enjoyment and not mine.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
that's why some ppl refer to them as "private parts"...
some ppl simply don't want to be on display...
doesn't mean they're arrogant, prudish, afraid, or anything else...
just means they don't wanna be seen...

lawnboy12

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
what i dont like about hiding is, one friend says to the other, i bet u im bigger than you, no i am, etc, but neither will show to prove their point! Just let it all out, its not like another man has never seen a dick before! All men have them!