Cracked.com is going after half-truths now?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by helgaleena, Jan 12, 2011.

1. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam | Cracked.com

There is so much with political implications in this article that I thought it belongs here instead of Etcetera... but the upshot is sobering. MAD Magazine's poor relation has suddenly begun to sound like a voice of reason in comparison to some of the so-called news services out there *cough**FOX*cough*

No, it's not Islamic to be a terrorist, kids, nor is it Islamic to be a racist. They also have a big prejudice about charging interest on loans, how extremely uneconomic, har-har.

Gawd I love satire. It's so druidical.

2. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Hmm... I couldn't see it. The link gives me a completely blank page.

3. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  4. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
  5. edonline

Gold Member

6. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You are all too slow, beaten by a man on dial up. :gloat:

7. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    dial up? Perhaps you have a time machine that can take me back to 1998 too? :biggrin1:

8. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    All you need is your imagination my friend!

9. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you Pendlum, Zeuhl and edonline ! My original post has been up too long for me to edit the bad link. :redface:

#9 helgaleena, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  10. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Both Cracked.com & Wikipedia's entries on certain things seem a little out of date.

BBC News - Quiet end to Turkey's college headscarf ban

Not 367, but about 2,000 Niqabs. I believe that motorcycle helmets, balaclavas, & bandit masks are also banned too!
    French Senate Approves Ban on Niqab

The 8 most populous Muslim majority countries (I got to bored to check more), Indonesia,Pakistan,Nigeria,Bangladesh,Egypt,Iran, Turkey & Sudan, all have male presidents.

Contrary to Cracked, I think only one ever elected a female head of state -because that's what a President is - Indonesia, & she was the founder's daughter.

I'm quite glad that cracked called Christian Kingdoms ass-backward compared to the Muslim ones, would it say the West found the entire rest of the world quite "ass-backward" from the 18th Century on?

Possibly Cracked hasn't heard of Muslim Paedophile racist grooming gangs, raping & prostituting non Muslim girls in the UK & all over Europe.

Ignored for 7 years, because it was the BNP who blew the whistle, & were tried for racism...
    BNP leader 'warned of multiracial hell hole' | UK news | guardian.co.uk

...yet now all over the news with the former Home Secretary, who had the power to do something, but didn't want to appear racist (& neither did the police),now talking about it. They ignored lots of vulnerable teens & pre teens literally getting shafted. Nice.

Muslims back Jack Straw on Pakistani rape gangs | News & Politics | News & Comment | The First Post

We must stand up against the insidious culture of silence - Herald Scotland | Comment | Guest Commentary

In the UK, Muslim criminals have been protected because the police don't want to seem institutionally racist. You couldn't make it up. The papers also point out that it's not just Muslim men, but they do make up 95% of the convictions, which are the tip of the iceberg.

I knew a Muslim girl whose father & brothers literally tried to kill her for refusing an arranged marriage at 16, & was put into protective custody - honour killings still happen all over the Muslim world, & even in the UK has 12 a year, & a Harry Potter star was lucky to escape with her life.

Honour Killings continue in the UK | DESIblitz

I'm not ragging on Muslims, I know & live among many, & of course the majority are decent souls, but God help you if you try to go out with one - nuh uh. There's a high possibility (if they're from an immigrant family rather than a convert) that you'll be attacked, or they'll be, or shipped out of the country.And sending off children back to the homeland to marry illiterate cousins is just racist, though again, I know several who have bucked the trend.

I'm just amazed by the stupid "happy go lucky" demeanour portrayed by Cracked.com. The sentiment is out of kilter with reality, & I didn't know that they favoured polygamy either. It would be nice for them to give the Mormons a nice write up too, & why not the Christian Fundamentalists too!

Though if it stops the USA & Israel bombing the shit out of Iran, I'm all for it.

#10 B_crackoff, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  11. B_LittleNate

B_LittleNate New Member

I agree with what you're saying, crackoff. But... you shouldn't take cracked.com seriously. Their articles are full of obvious bias and misinformation. It's just comedy written by people who pretend to know what they're talking about.

12. MikeBD

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Most arab women do not wear the burqa and why is it such a bad thing aside from a minority of places where it is forced on women like southern Afghanistan its a religious choice even some Conservative jewish people in Israel wear it. to them its a sign of modesty and if thats what they want let them have it. Jewish people wear funny little hats Muslim women cover their bodies and Christians wear a model of where their lord was killed. If it makes em happy let em do it

Muslim Countries that have had female heads of state:
    Indonesia
    Pakistan
    Bangladesh
    Turkey
    I thought India had one too but i might be mistaken on that.
    But most countries in the muslim world have had female leaders in one shape or form over history.

As for the next few articles posted above if you read the article they tend to point out how the majority of offenders are actually not muslim that these are problems that cross almost all racial and religious lines. A quote from the honor killing report

"Although none of the worldÂ’s major religions condones honour-related violence some people wrongly associate it with Islam, due to the belief that Muslim women have fewer rights than their Western counterparts."

While yes it does happen in muslim culture it is not isolated to just their culture. The report posted by crackoff states, "There have been cases recorded in countries as far apart as Latin America, India and Sweden."

as for the roaming gang rapes, Speaking of Asian Muslims the report states

Said Cryer: "The vast majority of young Asian men are fine, but there's a minority who do not behave properly towards white women and sweeping it under the carpet will only make matters worse. If these Asian men behaved in the same way to young Muslim girls they'd end up in very hot water in their community."

the article actually states how the muslim world is kinda outraged of how these few men treated white women.

all these points made seem to fall to the far conservative fringe of the evolving muslim world. These honor killings and such just remind me of the brutal reality a large portion of the homosexual population here in the USA deal with.
    And I think it is unfair to use your Personal experience as empirical evidence that trying to have a romantic relationship with a traditional muslim woman would yield a high probability of someone being beaten killed or 'shipped off'

Again its just the fringe that does all these horrible acts its the same in all countries and all cultures. Also Im sorry if this is a little scatterbrained Its well past my bed time

13. B_New End

B_New End New Member

You could have checked before parading your ignorance. (Benazir Bhutto ring a bell?)

And before we discount a female head of state because of familial relations, remember who the closest thing to female president the U.S. has had, and why she even came close.
    yes, those enlightenment ideas about race were spot on, eh?

Catholic church. And the point is not two wrongs make a right, the point is all peoples and all religions have sick pedo rings.

I bet you hated her for being muslim too.

define "ragging" then.

and in the end, I don't hate you... nice save.

they did, but India is mostly non-muslim. (Indira Gandhi, no relation to Mahatma)

#13 B_New End, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  14. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

That's just a stupid comment. I don't say this often, but fuck off you no hope, faeces wanking, charmless dickhead- what kind of a wanker writes that type of shit? I really found that distasteful - it was an horrific time for all of us - but far worse for her - making a mockery of attempts on a girl's life.

15. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Are you confusing who runs the country in a parliamentary system with who runs the country in a the American constitutional framework?

Do you know what ignorance is?

I don't believe you, and I don't believe you have a bunch of muslim friends either. Just because you go to a kebab shop down the street doesn't make them friends. Your vitriolic and predictable islamophobic shit based on rare occurrence (honor killings are rare) show you are full of shit.

You are full of it. You wrote a bunch of ignorant bigoted bullshit about muslims and glorifying your western culture, and then seriously expected me to believe your stupid stories you made up to bolster your bigoted claims? Go fuck yourself.

#15 B_New End, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  16. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Cracked on, or Crack off? It's a sad, sad time of the world when the best way to find out about current events is the Comedy Channel. But here we are.

17. MikeBD

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Whoops got it backwards, Its funny though muslims are less than like a 5th of the population in India but worldwide India has something like the 4th highest population of muslims in the world! Its amazing how populated this country is!

Edit* Also thanks for the correction.

Draft saved Draft deleted