Craig's list censoring

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by FRE, May 15, 2010.

1. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Craig's List is now apparently on a random basis, censoring ads. They have now pulled three of my personals ads. I can understand why they pulled the first ad, but they pulled the second one too and it should have been OK. Now they have pulled the third ad!! I do not understand why. There was nothing in it that would have been inappropriate even for a school kid. There are still XXX-rated ads being posted which are not being pulled. I suspect that they have recorded my identification and are picking on me.

Although CL is not the ideal way to meet people, it does serve a purpose. Whether anything can be done about this, I don't know.

The following is the ad I most recently posted; it included the same pic of me in a bathing suit that is in my gallery. See whether you think that the ad was inappropriate:

Date:2010-05-15 07:55:40
    PostID:1742117467
    Title:(men seeking men) You want me

Craigslist is now actively trying to limit the content of advertisements to that which would not make parents uneasy if their children were to access it.

I have what you want, although this advertisement may lack sufficient information for you to determine that. However, as you can see from my pic, I have kept myself very fit physically.

YOU must be sober, ddf, non-smoker, warm, friendly, and not an air-head. Age and race are unimportant as long as you are of legal age.

You must also be free of flab, fit, and look it. Discrimination? Not really. It’s just a matter of diet, exercise, and self-discipline. I’ve done it; so can you.

When desired, I am willing to extend others a helping hand and accept a helping hand from others. Generally, helping hands are considered safe. Other activities may be considered.

It would be nice if we could enjoy meeting regularly.

If you are of legal age, get back to me with high quality pics which reveal degree of physical fitness, then we can exchange additional information if you request what information you require. After that, we can decide whether to meet.

2. reallyhot

Gold Member

Albums:
    The only thing inappropriate is the fact that CL would have pulled your ad!
    It would be fine for any publication IMHO.
    Seems to me that like so many institutions these days, they go from one extreme to the other in a heartbeat...that's really inappropriate in my opinion...
    sort of reminds one of the old saying "throwing the baby out with the bath water"...
    mind you who has any common sense left these days??? LOL
    More often it's the their way or the highway dilemna.
    Sorry, seems you got me on a roll here! LOL
    I'll get off the er soapbox now, it is a slippery slope eh?

3. hud01

Gold Member

Stupid removal. Only thing I wonder about is the helping hand piece.

BTW great body and nice cock.

4. the_evil_seducer

the_evil_seducer New Member

I believe Craigslist works by members flagging post and then once posts have reached a certain number of flags, they are automatically removed. Your posts are being removed because for some reason or another, the community does not want them where you are posting them.

CL only has 32 employees, not nearly enough resources for a centralized CL bureaucracy to removed posts themselves

Whoops, turns out I'm only half right, they CAN be removed by CL employees, but if i had to guess, it was some a-holes flagging you
    http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/posting_deleted

#4 the_evil_seducer, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  5. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks.

6. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I learned that after starting the thread.

One of my posts was about censorship; it contained NOTHING that anyone would have found objectionable, and it was also deleted. Many advertisers are having the same problem.

One guy who contacted me about it thinks that someone has found a way to change his IP address so that he, by himself, can repeatedly flag the same advertisement. And, that guy thinks that he knows who it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted