Craigslist Hook Up?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Carroll Condomripper, Jun 23, 2008.

1. D_Carroll Condomripper

Anyone ever done it? Is it safe? What was your experience like, in terms of honesty of description, etc.?? I always find it interesting, and have posted before and had interested people contact me, but I'm just a non-truster I guess lol (I hope this is in the correct thread).

2. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Once about 2 years ago I hooked up with this guy from CL.He sent pics etc.He agreed to come to me.So he gets here I open the door,and he aged 20 years on the drive over.His pics were of this buff football player type.But the man at my door was close to 50 skinny with a beer gut and smoking a cig.I told him I didnt like being fooled.He said " well Im here how about a b.j.?" He never made it in the door.I never again looked on cl.I mean at least be honest,ya the pics were of him.But from 20 years ago.Geeeesh

3. hornymahn

hornymahn New Member

Albums:
    Well I must say that I am a CL user. I have posted numerous times and have successfully met up with some really nice guys. REALLY NICE! ;)

I will admit that they're A LOT of players on there that like to waste time, but if you're extremely specific, things tend to work out!

Where are you located? Let's hook up! ;) LOL

4. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

I think it's as safe as any other form of internet hooking up. By which I mean, it's totally unsafe. Only way I'd ever consider the possibility is if I were to first see the person via c2c a few times, meet in a public area during the day with other people around, let someone know where I was going, bring a blunt object...

You get my drift? Lots of crazies on the internet

5. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hell no, Hell no, and Hell no. Wasn't there someone not to long ago that was killed by someone they met on CL? I know this is possible thru any site or whatever....but I have heard very few good stories about CL.

6. bighosenow

Gold Member

Albums:
    Craigslist hookups workout about 50% of the time. I've never hosted the meeting. The ones that seem to work best are guys staying at downtown hotels. I give an accurate discription and pic of myself and expect the same. A couple of times when I arrived at the hotel the guy was fairly wasted or not as pictured. I just told them "I don't think this is going to work" and left. A couple were really hot and we've had some repeat sessions when they came back to Chicago. There's a airline pilot based in Dallas that overnights here a couple nights each month. He goes to the top of my list of things to do.

7. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Lots of fakers, flakes and liars on craigslist but some really great, normal everyday cool people as well. Lots of cool str8/bi guys on there looking for quickies and those looking for serious relationships. Just watch yourself but make no mistake, sometimes when you get a reply like this one ….

Subject: hey

Message; Hey i'm 19... 5'10"... 155lbs... 7-8inches... disease free... horny as hell... anything you want... 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX... you'd have to host... im in the dorms!!! please hurry!

…. it can be a very real drop-dead gorgeous hottie that’s had a few drinks and when you meet him he is everything and more than you could ever dream he was! (too bad he went home for the summer!:cool:)

8. Ohiospeedo

Ohiospeedo New Member

Yeah craigslist is pretty unreliable. Always meet in a public place first such as a bar or coffee shop.

9. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had the same exact experience with Craigslist that everyone else has had. Horrible hook up. Didn't even get past my door.

Now I just use it to find employment and cool vintage items.

10. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've used it once, and it was actually quite a good time. I posted an ad, and got a response. She was fairly attractive, looked exactly like her pic (apart from a different hairstyle, but hey..), and after meeting by a restaurant down the street, she came over & spent the night.

I've posted a few other times and not gotten anything, even when using the same text (or close to it) that I had that one time. I did get a few nibbles, but let them go without a response because I didn't like what I saw or read.

I knew a guy at work who would post ads (internet personals, before Craigslist existed) and agree to meet in a public place. He'd actually wait across the street or down the block so that he could get a good look without her knowing; and if he didn't like what he saw, he just turned & left. Mean, I know, but it also avoided episodes like JasonDawg's.

Draft saved Draft deleted