Craigslist speed-dating

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Even after exchanging pictures, I've been attracted to so few of the guys I've met from Craigslist that I decided I no longer wanted to waste my time sitting through meals with men I knew I wasn't going to hook up with...so last night, instead of meeting at a restaurant, I told my "casual encounter" prospect to meet me at BART, and that we could get food if there was a mutual attraction.

There wasn't. I felt jaded and harsh announcing as much right off the bat - "sorry, this isn't going to work" - but it was also pretty liberating to be able to articulate something that would've been really hard for me to do just a few short years ago, saving both of us a whole lotta awkwardness and excuses.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For some reason, most people aren't what they say anyway. I've only been not disappointed once from cl.

What's bad and I know it, is since I'm really not expecting a realtionship anyway, I'll usually meet them, go through with the deed, and then take off.

Terrible, I know :redface:

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Good for you, if it isn't going to work, why suffer through an awkward situation.

We haven't thought of meeting people at BART. I suppose you could even meet them before they go through the turnstile, so if they aren't what you want, they don't have to pay for the trip home.

Craigslist can be pretty hit or miss for tricks.

Our rule is that we don't reward people that lie to us on craigslist, if they lie about their ad what else are they lying to you about? Also, if you reward the behavior they will just do it again to someone else.

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Eric - funny, I actually thought of the turnstile thing, but felt like that might be crossing the line.

This guy hadn't lied, but it's hard to tell much from one picture - I knew it was doomed when I asked him how I could find him and he said "I'm wearing the polarfleece jacket"!

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't see anything wrong with this.

I've met people from sites and I knew it wasn't going to work out when we met in person for coffee.

I personally don't like the whole internet dating thing with pictures and email/chat since I learn more about a person in person than from a picture or text on a screen but if they send up red flags I don't even propose meeting with them for coffee.

Last edited:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My son had a simillar, he met a guy (don't remember what site it was from) there was good chemistry....etc...etc... on the third date the other person 'revealed' that they had lied about there age...he was 16 years older than he 'said' he was (it wasn't that noticable physically but....)

Anyhow my son was very...disapointed and told the guy to take a hike. (the other guy said he was attracted to my son but didn't want him to say 'no' right off the bat based on his age). My son said (and I have to agree) is this <liar> had lied about 'that' what else had he lied about? (and yes, my son did say they were 'safe').

I think in todays 'faster' culture...I have mixed feelings. Its like a great television show that has to 'set up'- remember Cheers in its first season? Yawnnn....it took awhile for the cast and writers to 'gel'...that said, I think 1:1 chemistry is fairly 'yes/no'

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
catman - I had a FWB for awhile who lied about his age in his initial ad. I asked him about the discrepancy and he immediately acknowledged his actual age, but the fact that he didn't cop to it on his own worried me considerably. He was 39 and had listed himself as 32. He looked good for his age - full head of hair, slim, youthful looking - but so do I (I'm told), and I know the difference between a good-looking 39 year old and a 32 year old.

He claimed that no one will even bother reading the ad if someone's over 35. I wonder. There are so many people out there pretending to have 9" cocks, so many people out there pretending to be fifteen years younger - have we just learned to assume that everyone is lying, and do the math accordingly? I never lie, though I easily could. I realize that it costs me the attentions of lots of twentysomethings who might actually notice me if they saw me on the street but who are put off by my age (34), but being anything but honest just doesn't occur to me. It's one of the reasons I don't wear bras, push-up or otherwise - when the clothes come off, all the artifice will fall away, and I'll be left with what I've got. Same with my age - take it or leave it, you know?