Craigslist

D_Vinny_Velcro

1st Like
Media
Hello.
I was just wondering what people would recommend to make my ad's better? I've only made one atm but i've had no responses, so i was just wondering what shud i do to make future ones get more attention, what details shud include/exclude etc

Cheers

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media
try adding a picture. and posts just accumulate.. so.. maybe you need to repost after a few days.. and uhm. depends on time.. at night. the posts flood. and mornings can be dry.. so.. i dont know. gluck have fun!

D_Mansworthy Meatwrench III

Experimental Member
Media
Agreed. I run my CL ad all the time. Remember, your area is important, plus Craigs is becoming flooded with spam and pic collectors as it is, so take that into account, as well as population "density" on the 'net in general. Patience is the other aspect.

I only do M4W ads, and I am super-specific on myself (all my stats), pics, and what I "want". It will decrease BS or "confused/misunderstood" responses. My area is thin on Size Queens as it is, so if women are what you are shooting for, see "population density" above. As for men, if that is what you are shooting for...

Good luck.

carfanatic10

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Been posting in the M4M section without much luck. Maybe I'm being to picky? I dunno. I get really nervous though if the prospect of meeting actually does come up. Any tips/advice?

OC_Dallas

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Been posting in the M4M section without much luck. Maybe I'm being to picky? I dunno. I get really nervous though if the prospect of meeting actually does come up. Any tips/advice?
if they claim they don't have pics, won't give you their number, or their name... stay away...

this is 2009, everyone has at least 1 pic of them or can get one! just be careful and follow your gut instinct, if you're on your way way to meet them and start getting that bad feeling, don't go, it's that simple! be safe and have fun!

carfanatic10

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd definitely be more confident if I were in better shape. I've turned around a time or two. Only met 3 people online ever. Didn't like 2 out of the 3.

definately have to have a pic posted in order to get any repsonses.

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media

Just go with it. They're nervous too! and if not. Then just be yourself. It's like meeting a new person anywhere. Except you both are meeting for a specific purpose. Get to it and you won't be nervous anymore :p I only met 3 people online. I loved it :D The one I met off CraigsList was HOT. I guess...Just state what you want and go for it? :D

BNI

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've had a couple of ads running for some time on Gumtree - I don't have any pics posted but make it clear in my ad that they are available in return for someone sending me one or a clear physical description of themselves.

I spell out clearly what I am/aren't looking for and I don't respond to one-liners or people who can "only meet next Tuesday at precisely 6:42pm, can't drive, can't accommodate".

You do get a lot that don't read the ad and I just delete those, but I've had a handful of very good meets.