cramps

two_fister: I'm not sure if this is related to me, but I would like to see if others had any similar experiences.
It seems that my current g/f has been experiencing cramps even though it's not her time of the month. This has happended twice is the past month or so, and it's always following a night of all-out no holds barred sex.
She tends to like it kinda rough especially if she's had a few drinks. I've had girls complain about being sore the next day, but nothing like this. I really hope it's not my fault, because it pains me to see her in pain, which she is because the cramps are very intense. She's made a doctor's appoinment so we'll soon get to the bottom of this, but it's been kinda strange because it makes me not want to have sex with her a much, at least not in the way that she seems to like it.

What do you guys think?
..and I'd really like to hear from some the ladies as well.

"that's my story....and I'm sticking to it."

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=two_fister link=board=sex;num=1050943108;start=0#0 date=04/21/03 at 09:38:27]

"...It seems that my current g/f has been experiencing cramps even though it's not her time of the month.  This has happended twice is the past month or so, and it's always following a night of all-out no holds barred sex.
She tends to like it kinda rough..

I really hope it's not my fault, because it pains me to see her in pain...

She's made a doctor's appoinment so we'll soon get to the bottom of this..

it makes me not want to have sex with her a much, at least not in the way that she seems to like it..."

[/quote]

two_fister:

I certainly wouldn't go blaming yourself just yet.

And, I can relate to your "concerns to cut back for now"...what decent man wouldn't be thinking that?

You need some answers and they will be coming by way of the doctor's evaluation I should think. And, I wouldn't be expecting all bad news either....It may be the simplest of matters, too....easily "fixed" or correctable.

Maybe the "size factor" plays into this matter; maybe it doesn't.

Whether ANYONE'S at fault is not necessarily the issue just now....but instead, what's causing that pain?

If this girl's important to you (and if you are to her) then the two of you can work out and face the results of her MD visit and his diagnosis and advice. She could use your support, positive attitude, and understanding at this point, no doubt. I'm sure she has that ,too. ;)

YOUR panicking (and over-reacting) at this point....will do neither of you any good at all.

And, yes, next perhaps will follow some of our women members who can come through with their insightful (and knowledgeable) ideas about similar experiences ...and their outcomes.

AnonyMs: Could be all sorts of stuff causing the mid month cramping. Best wait until she goes to the doc before panicking... I hope she is comfortable enough with the doc to tell her/him of the sort of action she is getting! Keep up posted....

aussiechick63: I have had this happen to me a few times. It has always been the day after really wild rough hard sex.
It's painful but it goes away.
I assumed it was from very deep penetration. At times it can make you feel sick in the stomach.
This is only my experience.
Wait and see what the doctor says to both of you,

two_fister: she's going to the doctor today...
so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

two_fister: ok....this just proves that doctors don't know everything.
well, my g/f visted the doc. and they really couldn't find anything wrong, they tested her for std's, which we she or I don't have because we got tested just a few weeks ago, they checked for a tubular pregnancy, also negative, then also gave her some antibiotics.
if this doesn't improve they may have to do an utra-sound.

we've had sex a few times since this all happended but its just not the same. I can't wait 'til this gets taken care of and things can get back to normal.

sammygirly: Antibiotics for abdomonal pain?  Are you sure he didn't mention anything about an infection of any kind?

There are SO many reasons that we cramp - some serious, most not - that it's real hard to give any advice here on that...

I can suggest for her to use a hotwater bottle or a heating pad on her tummy when the cramps get bad - also, whenever possible, lay in the "birthing" position (on her back, knees up, head elevated) Ibuprofen (like advil) (sp?) is really good for swelling (leading cause of cramping) and pain in general without irritation.

Get a second opinion if you're not happy with the answer thus far

two_fister: ...as it turns out I didn't get the whole story from her.
I guess the doc told her that she has a bacterial infection, which is why she got the antibiotics.
according to the doc they usually see this type of infection in women who douch, something to do with the normal bacteria being pushed up to far and into the uterus area. so...as long as she finishes the drugs everything should be alright.

aussiechick63: Hope the problem is that simple and the anitbiotics fix everything for your girlfriend.
If not there are plenty of other Doctors out there.
Why does she douche? I didn't think this was a necessary thing to do. My Doctor recommends against it, for lots of reasons.

two_fister: that's what was kind of odd....she doesn't douch

sammygirly: Aha, I thought so :)

Yes, douching has long since been decreed unnecessary and potentially harmful because it not only forces bacteria upwards but changes the natural balance of the vagina's environment.

However, it need not be douching that causes that type of infection. Remember what you said (and I honestly mean nothing by this, I dont know you) The infection is caused by bacteria being forced upward - which can be accomplished a zillion ways. Make sure you're clean, she's clean, dont share holes in one session, a contaminated tampon could do it, a dildo that's not sterile, hot tubs and swimming pool sex where water is forced inside....on and on and on.

The female anatomy is prone to infection and I'd say 99% of women will get one in their lifetime. Have her finish the drug dosage and all should be fine...until she gets the next one LOL

AnonyMs: And while I do not want to make a mountain out of a molehill, I do want to underscore the seriousness of what sammygirly just said. The number one cause of infertility in women is pelvic infections that went untreated and created scarring in the woman's reproductive system, most frequently along the fallopian tubes. Her words of caution about being clean should be heeded.

That is one of the reasons why we have in vitro fetilization - the woman can ovulate, yet the little suckers can not ride the shoot after conception to take root in the uterus. (You did know most eggs do not get fertilized in the uterus generally speaking, but once they are released from the ovaries and are in the fallopian tubes is where conception generally happens).

The pain and grief of infertility is heartbreaking. Many relationships do not survive it.

Pelvic infections in a woman are very very serious. Anytime sex is painful for a woman she needs to see a doctor as soon as possible.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=AnonyMs link=board=sex;num=1050943108;start=0#11 date=04/27/03 at 07:33:53]Pelvic infections in a woman are very very serious.  Anytime sex is painful for a woman she needs to see a doctor as soon as possible.[/quote]

I'd say any time sex is painful for anyone, it's time to see a doctor.

AnonyMs: You are too right, jonb. Forgive my gender-centric reply.

rainfletcher: My girlfriend has had bladder infections from sex and sammygirly and anonyms are absolutely correct in that they are nothing to take lightly. Kudos to you for seeking medical help right away. We've noticed that they tend to crop up especially with public hot tubs - we don't even go near them anymore....my beloved is just very sensitive.

I've had something else happen to us, though. My significant other has a small vagina, making already problematic sex even more difficult. She is also VERY orgasmic, and can cum several times in one session.

We've found that if she has too many vaginal orgasms, the muscles in her vagina cramp up both during and after sex. We've never talked to anyone about it, but we always assume that her muscles are trying to contract during orgasm, but are also being stretched causing the cramping.

The solution for us was to let her have an orgasm (or more :)) with oral sex before making love. If there isn't much foreplay, then I just know I have to take it easy no matter how wild things get. Restraint is not always easy, but it beats no nookie for 3 days.