crash and burn at lpsg

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm usually "on" during the daytime and early evening in the east and I don't experience the problems of those in the late night. A guess: A database reorg. and/or backup routine is being run. Either of those can lock portions of the database for brief periods.

When a database is online 24x7, they have to pick the least disruptive time, usually latenight, to do those things. But they have to be done.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
More crashing and burning.....for the last couple of weeks I've been lucky to get 15 minutes without a time out or period of inaccesibility of up to 15 minutes.

Sometimes I can't edit, or post or I try to post/edit and the site times out and then I can't get back in for 5 minutes or more to see if it actually did post/edit. I have a success rate of 60-70% at best. This happens at random times, and from various locations each with independent routes.

The problem could be router/switch based or server/database based, if the latter, please, someone feed the hamsters. Unless it's just me.....?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
More crashing and burning.....for the last couple of weeks I've been lucky to get 15 minutes without a time out or period of inaccesibility of up to 15 minutes.

Sometimes I can't edit, or post or I try to post/edit and the site times out and then I can't get back in for 5 minutes or more to see if it actually did post/edit. I have a success rate of 60-70% at best. This happens at random times, and from various locations each with independent routes.

The problem could be router/switch based or server/database based, if the latter, please, someone feed the hamsters. Unless it's just me.....?
Yes its acting up a little.........

prickleyguy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

I am having no problems at all, the problems might be on your end........:cool:

classyron

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a ridiculously fast and stable connection (new DSL modem last night) and I am having issues with the site today too.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've noticed the late night /early morning slow periods and erratic responses which I assume relate to housekeeping/backup times, but only recently have noticed daytime problems. It is erratic today and since Sunday for me. I'm running Firefox 2.004 on a Mac with high speed cable. It seems to be only at lpsg that I encounter problems.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
About 30mins to an hour ago, about the time of dong20's post, I was getting non-response problems. Non-response is: click a link or button, wait...wait, then browser indicates "done" but the page didn't change. It will sometimes do that several consecutive times.

Update: I didn't get any reply when I clicked "quick reply" to post this message. I waited a few minutes ... clicked refresh ... and saw it went it.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been having similar problems for about two weeks now. I don't think it's
on my end, everything else is okay.