Crashed the Accord

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For those who've been living under a rock, I *WAS* the proud owner of a Satin Silver '03 Accord EX V6 Coupe w/ Navi, a steal at $18,995, CPO, air, leather, loaded to the gills, 26/39 mpg, black on black, manual, navi, immaculate condition. TOTALLED when the moron ahead of me decided to hit the brakes for no reason. But alas, I digress, I've forgotten all about the incident, as I am now the owner of a 2005 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX, black on black, leather, manual, loaded to the gills, couldn't be happier!:biggrin1:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just curious, who was ticketed for the collision ? What were the circumstances ? Insurance ? Normally I encounter driver's that brake for unicorns, but I never tailgate and generally am paying attention. But there are driver's that have equipment that make it hard to stop even at that (burned out tail light bulbs, to mention just one). There are even people that go so far as to install switches to turn their brake lights on and off.

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
After turning your last car into an ACCORDian I'm IMPREZAed by your optimism.

It wasn't my fault. The guy was an idiot. It's like, he was going around a curve up before an intersection, the light is green, and he goes into my lane and cuts me off. Total BS.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It wasn't my fault. The guy was an idiot. It's like, he was going around a curve up before an intersection, the light is green, and he goes into my lane and cuts me off. Total BS.

I've been there. Here in the Bay Area, it happens all the time. What happens usually is someone speeds up to pass you in the left lane, then this genius comes into your lane from the left, only to slow down to almost a stop to take a right hand turn directly in front of you! Oh, and they never use any turn signals to tell you they are about to do anything. I HATE THOSE IDIOTS!

They deserve to be rear ended and put in the hospital, and not at my expense....:mad:

Unfortunately insurance companies and lawyers enable these people by suing the poor shlub who is just minding his own business driving in that right lane only because that poor shlub ends up rear ending the idiot who put himself in that situation to begin with.

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been there. Here in the Bay Area, it happens all the time. What happens usually is someone speeds up to pass you in the left lane, then this genius comes into your lane from the left, only to slow down to almost a stop to take a right hand turn directly in front of you! Oh, and they never use any turn signals to tell you they are about to do anything. I HATE THOSE IDIOTS!

They deserve to be rear ended and put in the hospital, and not at my expense....:mad:

Unfortunately insurance companies and lawyers enable these people by suing the poor shlub who is just minding his own business driving in that right lane only because that poor shlub ends up rear ending the idiot who put himself in that situation to begin with.

I'm way ahead of ya buddy.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Well, I must be one who's been under said rock, but I'm glad you're OK nonetheless. Must admit I'm a bit confused by Satin Silver and black on black, but I guess it doesn't matter if she's gone. :confused:

What's really odd is whenever I click "Fire-3", I get the profile for "fire33" instead of you. :261:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That happens all the time here as well, someone else puts you into panic mode because they need to get off at a certain exit ramp and haven't made their way to the correct lane to be in a position to exit. All of a sudden safe following distance becomes an opportunity to cut you off and not by just one of these idiot's. I have no issues with sharing the road, just as long as those moron's keep moving and aren't riding my bumper. Often times their move, I anticipate, but it still requires me to let off the throttle to allow for even more space. I'd rather keep moving and leave plenty of space, than get to a point where the entire highway comes to a dead stop, only to move a couple of car lengths at a time before the brake lights come on and we all have to stop.

What grinds me the most about that, it's right after you filled the tank up with gas so the $ 60 fuel bill is fresh in your mind. I get 20 mpg highway, and since I'm on a highway, I'd like to get that.

BTW, enjoy that Imprezza, my parents have an Outback, I'm in a Pathfinder LE, 3,800+ lbs of Nissan.

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
AWD means my mpg won't be much better than yours. now if you have a 5-speed that would definitely help your mpg as 5th gear in Nissans is much taller than the 4th in their slushboxes. I should know, I once owned a 200sx. with the stick I got 35 mpg city, 46 highway. That's tiptop economy.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, it's an Automatic, but with 240-250 hp in the 3.5L V-6, in AT overdrive, the tachometer reads much like a V-8 when it shifts around 2,000 rpms when it's babied until it gets into the highest gear. I can't imagine the manual transmission version of this doing any more than an mpg or two better. When I stomp on the gas pedal, that transmission shifting is at a much higher rpm, almost as if the computer knows you are after getting the fuller range of the rpm's before it shifts. I have to be careful with it, even on a dry road, I can close on the guy in front of me instantaneously, but the weight of the vehicle makes it hard to stop it, even though it has some pretty decently sized brake pads and tires on it. For a 2001, Nissan designed a powerful SUV, that handles pretty good. I know guys that bought Jeep Laredo's and other American brand SUV's that are newer that don't have the power & handling this one has, their fuel economy is no better either.

I think what kills your mpg is the AWD, but also the fact it can range from 227-300 turbocharged hp as well in the higher end models. I'd be inclined to think you could still get better than 20 mpg highway though, probably 25 or so. That should get you around 20 city. The Pathfinder was 16 city/20 hwy and that's what I wind up getting too.

Here's some info on the Pathfinder:

"http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/NissanPathfinder/Photos.htm"

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yeah nissans are jumpy was my point, with a short top end. My 200sx wouldn't get much better than 30mpg with the slushbox....but with the stick, tiptop economy baby! I think they tried to make their cars seem peppy and sporty compared to the extremely similar/slightly better alternative (Toyota) so that's how they tuned 'em. it is what it is.

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, I must be one who's been under said rock, but I'm glad you're OK nonetheless. Must admit I'm a bit confused by Satin Silver and black on black, but I guess it doesn't matter if she's gone. :confused:

What's really odd is whenever I click "Fire-3", I get the profile for "fire33" instead of you. :261:

it is what it is.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The guy was an idiot, nuff said.

So, in other words, you were ticketed.

Well I had the same thing happen to me... wrecked my first Viper when a dude in a Black Mustang pulled directly in front of me and braked. 'course... I was doing about 140 at the time. How fast were you going? honestly.

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, in other words, you were ticketed.

Well I had the same thing happen to me... wrecked my first Viper when a dude in a Black Mustang pulled directly in front of me and braked. 'course... I was doing about 140 at the time. How fast were you going? honestly.

My speed was irrelevant. Sure, I was driving a car with over 260hp that goes 0-60 in under 6 seconds, but the brakes are more than ample in the EX V6. I find your presumptuousness appalling. Good day to you sir.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah nissans are jumpy was my point, with a short top end. My 200sx wouldn't get much better than 30mpg with the slushbox....but with the stick, tiptop economy baby! I think they tried to make their cars seem peppy and sporty compared to the extremely similar/slightly better alternative (Toyota) so that's how they tuned 'em. it is what it is.

For 2001, the Pathfinder was the class leader for performance, the interiors were nearly identical with the Toyota Highlander, I'm not suffering in the LE fully loaded model I wound up with.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My speed was irrelevant. Sure, I was driving a car with over 260hp that goes 0-60 in under 6 seconds, but the brakes are more than ample in the EX V6. I find your presumptuousness appalling. Good day to you sir.

got it. You dodged the question about who was ticketed. You dodged the question about speed. You're being very adversarial and defensive for no reason. The whole situation is becoming very clear. thanks. :biggrin1:

btw, let us know how the "good day to you sir" line goes over with the judge.

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
got it. You dodged the question about who was ticketed. You dodged the question about speed. You're being very adversarial and defensive for no reason. The whole situation is becoming very clear. thanks. :biggrin1:

btw, let us know how the "good day to you sir" line goes over with the judge.

I'll tell you from the Plantiff's seat, you presumptuous buffoon!

once again, I bid you good day!

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It wasn't my fault. Like I said, we were going around a curve and the sun was in my eye and he cut me off out of fuckin NOWHERE. If you can't understand that, then, well, I feel sorry for you. You, sir, have NO class. Once again, I bid you good day.