Craving Cookies, Cakes, Confections, Comfort Foods

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by DasLeezard, Nov 16, 2010.

1. DasLeezard

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Like my alliteration? Anywho, do ya ever really get the hankerin' for something sweet? Perhaps a good cheesecake? A big old pile of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies? Or do you go the savory route? Do your cravings change as you go through the cycle (if it applies)? Is there something that you just can't go without at least having some stockpiled in your living quarters? Is there something a man, or woman, or both (if that's how you swing) could bring you that would make you pleased, and I'll leave that up to you to define 'pleased'.

Note: Could be food OR beverage. So a big ol' spiced chai with a shot or two of vanilla in it definitely counts as a craving..... *drool*

2. zaragoza

Gold Member

Chocolate of all kinds from the sweetest to the most bitter,and yes it happens when i'm pms'ing.

3. DasLeezard

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Mmmm... bitter chocolate... dark bitter chocolate....

4. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Strawberry pop tarts... make me happy :) I never buy them because I will eat all of them. But for a long time they were a main food source in my diet. They had raised status to the worshipped happiness maker food product. I break all of the edges off and feed to my dog and cat so they like pop tarts as well. Actually they eat just about anything. Darn voltures.

I normally have a lot of fruit in my house. Strawberries are my favorite. I make them better by dipping them in chocolate. I also like strawberry jam on rye bread (toasted) or strawberry jam wth nutella on toast. I also buy strawberry fruit bars or eat them on cereal or on pancakes.

I think I cycle through what I want though. I was telling Zaragoza about staring down the cereal aisle at the Lucky Charms with longing every week. That would be my second favorite bad food. Oh and they had chocolate Lucky Charms out for awhile. A box of that was also worthy of elevated status in my home when I could find it.

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    For whatever reason...every once in a while I will have an insane craving for White sugar cookies with the Mile high Frosting. (The Christmas kind that I make)
    The ones sold at Zhenders bakery are insanely good. That sweet birthday cake type frosting with the sparkly looking clear things..mMMMM!!

Sadly, I learned I'm allergic to Wheat Gluten, so no more white sugar cookies with mile high frosting unless I want to get dizzy and fall over. (They might just be worth it!)

I have a Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake recipe for Thanksgiving that was a MASSIVE HIT this year at work if anyone wants it - just PVT me with your e-mail and your request.

6. curioustitan

curioustitan Member

I have a wicked sweet tooth for all things chocolate and cookies. i can quite easily pass on the savoury snacks... chips/crisps and the like.
    I'm also horribly addicted to all sorts of cereals (i make no discriminations) as i'm culinarily challenged and single.... yeah, yeah, i'm the 'serial killer'.
    Oh, and fruit juices are on my to guzzle list all the time particularly orange juice. I have no idea why i crave it so much. (surely drinking it by the litre must have alleviated any deficiency my body might have been warning me against.)
    And of course liquorice....hmmmm. Damn, i've gotta go rummage now for a liquorice twist!!!
    BRB.

#6 curioustitan, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  7. B_New End

B_New End New Member

If I start a half gallon of ice cream, it is gone on the next 3 days. I eat it from the box, and as it melts, it just gets better.

If I bake 2 dozen cookies, they are usually gone within 48 hours. I have a terrible sweet tooth.

8. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Anything chocolate will drag me in.

9. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

For the last month, it has been Pumpkin Spice Lattes w/no whip. I think of them all the time. But it's usually some type of chocolate; cookies, cakes, kissesw, candy bars, those new mini things hershey's came out with. :) love chocolate but I am not against ANYTHING with lemon in it

10. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

My downfalls are... chocolate/peanut butter combo ANYTHING. I don't care what. Cheesecake. Warm fresh-baked cookies (particularly chocolate chip or peanut butter), and fruit juices.

11. luka82

Gold Member

Cheescake, the ULTIMATE COMFORT FOOD!
    Oh and Das, coooooooome on, man need comfort food as well;)

12. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    CHOCOLATE! And keep it coming. Also any kind of pecan pastries from this little German bakery in LaGrange, TX (yes, the ZZ Top song). Chocolate covered pecan pastries would almost make me unfaithful. I said almost, honey.

13. Embrace69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I like just about anything with blueberries in them or blueberry flavored what ever...Not a huge chocolate fan. Usually, sweet things tend to hurt my teeth if I eat too many of them. I'll go for the occasional pastry or something as well but as for a have to have food, just give me fruit. Blueberries, Strawberries, Pineapple, Mango, Grapes, Bananas, that sort of thing. I love fruit and I eat lots of it.

Lately though I've been craving Starbuck's Caramel Apple Spice. If I could get my hands on the syrup they use in that drink, I'd be one smitten kitten. I know how to make the rest.

BUT my ultimate all time favorite comfort food is not something sweet, it's just my mom's homemade mac and cheese. I could eat that stuff until my stomach burst open into a million pieces. Definitely by far the best food I've ever eaten.

14. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I crave the sort of things in my gallery. Every 4 weeks or so, I need salt and vinegar Pringles.

15. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

I crave Golden Days Sesame Snaps.

Thank goodness the packets are so small. :tongue:

Attached Files:

16. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have found that I will get the munchies for something either sweet or salt, but also starchy, when my body is beginning to hurt but I have not quite noticed it yet. My 'diet' secret is now a smaller snack plus an aspirin.

Draft saved Draft deleted