Crazy ass republicans

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have noticed an abundance of republicans on this forum.
That wouldnt be a problem if they werent of the crazy teabagger variety.

And they seem to assume anyone who disagrees with them is a liberal democrat.

I would just like to say I am a Federalist. Look it up.

This is not a shot at all the republicans because im sure there are more rational ones then loony toons but...

You know.

Anyway The point of this thread is to separate the crazy bastards from the rest.

So if you are indeed a republican fell free to post a couple of your thought on various hot button or keystone topics.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There never really was a Federalist Party, there were the folks who supported ratification of the Constitution (Federalists), and folks who didnt support it (Anti-Federalists). The Federalists morphed into the Whigs (roughly the modern day Republicans), and the anti-Federalists morphed into the Democratic-Republicans (modern day Democrats). Though I agree with the sentiment of your post, I must admit I'm a tad confused when you call yourself a capital-F Federalist. Could you elaborate more?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have noticed an abundance of democrats on this forum.
That wouldnt be a problem if they weren't of the crazy moonbat variety.

And they seem to assume anyone who disagrees with them is a conservative republican.

I would just like to say I am an independent. Look it up.

This is not a shot at all the democrats because I'm sure there are more rational ones then loony toons but...

You know.

Anyway The point of this thread is to separate the crazy bastards from the rest.

So if you are indeed a democrat feel free to post a couple of your thought on various hot button or keystone topics.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In response to HG's query:

I've been a registered Democrat for a long time. On occasion, I've voted for Independents, Greens, Libertarians and some Republicans. But mostly Democrats.

As far as having views that run lockstep to some party line, I don't. I make my decisions based on my evaluation of particular situations. Sometimes I part ways with the prevailing tide. For example:

-- I am strongly for increasing our border security. I favor an impenetrable physical border with a rational immigration policy.

-- I don't have a knee-jerk approval of public funding for social programs. My approval of said funding is on a case-by-case basis. Balanced budgets are a wonderful thing, too.

And as a side note, I know a lot of registered Republicans who are fine, upstanding people with whom I am prone to raise a glass, exchange child-caring favors without hesitation, and enjoy mutual joking at each other's expense.

Last edited:

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There never really was a Federalist Party, there were the folks who supported ratification of the Constitution (Federalists), and folks who didnt support it (Anti-Federalists). The Federalists morphed into the Whigs (roughly the modern day Republicans), and the anti-Federalists morphed into the Democratic-Republicans (modern day Democrats). Though I agree with the sentiment of your post, I must admit I'm a tad confused when you call yourself a capital-F Federalist. Could you elaborate more?
It just means that my thoughts about the country are more in accord with the old school federalists than anything

And didnt the Democrats and republicans switch sides at some point? dont remember when that class was a while ago.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In response to HG's query:

I've been a registered Democrat for a long time. On occasion, I've voted for Independents, Greens, Libertarians and some Republicans. But mostly Democrats.

As far as having views that run lockstep to some party line, I don't. I make my decisions based on my evaluation of particular situations. Sometimes I part ways with the prevailing tide. For example:

-- I am strongly for increasing our border security. I favor an impenetrable physical border with a rational immigration policy.

-- I don't have a knee-jerk approval of public funding for social programs. My approval of said funding is on a case-by-case basis. Balanced budgets are a wonderful thing, too.

And as a side note, I know a lot of registered Republicans who are fine, upstanding people with whom I am prone to raise a glass, exchange child-caring favors without hesitation, and enjoy mutual joking at each other's expense.

ST, he was making a point re: OP

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It just means that my thoughts about the country are more in accord with the old school federalists than anything

And didnt the Democrats and republicans switch sides at some point? dont remember when that class was a while ago.

Please, I'd like you to tell me some of your positions. I'm genuinely interested:rolleyes: