Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Man shoots talker at movies, police say

(CNN) -- A man angry that a family was talking during a movie threw popcorn at the son and then shot the father in the arm, according to police in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

James Joseph Cialella, 29, was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons violations, a police report said.

Cialella told the family sitting in front of him in the theater on Christmas Day to be quiet, police said.

An argument ensued while others at the Riverview Movie Theatre watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Cialella then approached the family from the left side of the aisle and shot the father, who was not identified, as he was standing between Cialella and his family, according to the police report.

The victim was taken to Jefferson Hospital with a gunshot wound to his left arm, police said.

Cialella was carrying a Kel-Tec .380-caliber handgun clipped inside his sweatpants, police said. He was arrested and taken into custody.

Before the politically correct among you get on my case for calling the shooter crazy. I do realize that it is possible he may have had a mental illness. That said, I see no reason why one should carry a firearm to a movie theater.

spacer.gif

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
spacer.gif
Before the politically correct among you get on my case for calling the shooter crazy. I do realize that it is possible he may have had a mental illness. That said, I see no reason why one should carry a firearm to a movie theater.

spacer.gif

:duh:

To stop people FUCKING TALKING!!

I don't think your use of crazy, whether it applies literally or colloquially, is at all unreasonable. Fuckin' nut-job! (Him, not you... :wink:)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:duh: To stop people FUCKING TALKING!!

I don't think your use of crazy, whether it applies literally or colloquially, is at all unreasonable. Fuckin' nut-job! (Him, not you... :wink:)
hahaha okay. :tongue:

So.......are you saying we are not supposed to do this after we have politely asked them to be quiet?
IMO his mistake was in throwing popcorn at them. Popcorn doesn't hurt and may not have even been felt. He should have thrown Jujubes. They are small and hard like a rubber pellet. It has been my experience that these get the attention of the talker and will make them stop talking. Even better, due to their weight they can be thrown many rows with a fair degree of accuracy. :cool:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
IMO his mistake was in throwing popcorn at them. Popcorn doesn't hurt and may not have even been felt. He should have thrown Jujubes. They are small and hard like a rubber pellet. It has been my experience that these get the attention of the talker and will make them stop talking. Even better, due to their weight they can be thrown many rows with a fair degree of accuracy. :cool:[/QUOTE]
For the price of snacks in the cinema houses in NY, it's foolish to throw food!

This is why movies suck these days. Everybody acts like they're in their own damn living room. It's crazy and scary and there's no excuse for it.......... but I have to admit there's 1% of me that sympathizes with the shooter.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess the gun play was a bit over the top, but I wish I could have been in on the food throwing at that family. Maybe if enough non-talkers pelted the talkers with enough garbage, things would change. I don't go to movies any more for exactly this reason. There is no control over who goes to theatres. I look at it this way, 99.9 % of movie-goers I wouldn't have over as a guest in my home, why would I want to hang out with them in a theatre ? I mean these are people that just get up and leave their garbage in the place, they spill food and drink everywhere, it's why the floors are sticky and seats are nasty. They don't give a damn about anyone but themselves, maybe this changes the whole experience for the better for the rest ? We can only hope ? "Theatre Rage".

squirt

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If enough of these scumbags get themselves shot, maybe polite people can come out of their homes, rub their eyes and enjoy public places again. Next target: commuter train cell phone loudtalkers.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If enough of these scumbags get themselves shot, maybe polite people can come out of their homes, rub their eyes and enjoy public places again. Next target: commuter train cell phone loudtalkers.

NO NO! First let's get the cell phone users on buses and elevators!:cool:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I think the family will be more quiet in the next movie they go to. Just in case :p

Let's hope they are traumatized by the incident, to the point where they don't ever go to another movie again ? Don't get me wrong, nobody deserves to be shot, but chased away for being rude patrons, I've got no issues with that.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media

bigjay99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
sad, glad the s.o.b. only had a .380, less chance of catastrophic damage to the mans. arm. Some people either slip through the back of the drawer or but guns illegally I know but anyone with a temper or mental incapacity should not have a gun!

You know it is things like this that make me glad I live in a state that allows me the freedom to protect myself and family from lone nuts. Yes I have a permit and training and carry often in the night, cops cannot be everywhere!

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Of course the shooter was a bit unbalanced. But I think there is some of that guy in all of us. We are fed up with bad manners and obnoxious behavior.

I admit to having violent fantasies directed at people who act like total A-holes in public.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's why I'm glad I live in a place that doesn't allow people to carry a concealed weapon.

When confronted by people who talk during a movie I just turn to them and tell them to Sssshhhh. Usually that works. On the odd occasion that it doesn't I tell them to shut up, then its shut the fuck up. I've never had to go beyond that but its handy to have a very large soft drink that could "accidently" spill all over them.