Creatine?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Frosted, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Frosted

Frosted New Member

Anyone here taking creatine??? There are quite a few ripped lads on LPSG, so I was wondering if anyone was taking it, or have taken it in the past?
    If so, is it working? Are you experiencing any side effects? I have heard that it thins out your ejaculate somewhat.
    If you are taking it, or have taken it, was it pill or powdered?

Thanks

2. joe bo

joe bo New Member

Albums:
    I have taken supplements with creatine in it and a little powder. I didn't notice any change in mine. The only thing I noticed was when I would take celltech my urine would smell reallllly bad but thats it.

3. Frosted

Frosted New Member

Do you know if it has any serious side effects?

4. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    The only side effect I had was that I got diesel

5. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I ve taken it, the only thing I noticed different was an upset stomach

Side effects
    Continuous intake of excessively high dosages of creatine may lead to any of several possible side-effects. It has been hypothesized that consistently high doses could lead to hypertension due to reduced blood water content, and dehydration, for the same reason. There is some discussion of kidney problems resulting from supplementation, but as excess creatine is not broken down into nitrogenous wastes but instead released in a more benign form, this is unlikely.[3].
    Creatine supplementation utilizing proper cycling and dosages, however, has not been linked with any adverse side-effects beyond occasional dehydration due to increased muscular water uptake from the rest of the body

6. Frosted

Frosted New Member

Thanks a lot, I just like to ask people for anecdotal, or for their first hand experience because I heard some crazy things about it, than I read up on it, and it states the most benign symptoms you could imagine (bloating, or occasional stomach ache, dehydration). Inevitably this makes finding the 'truth' much more difficult.

7. Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann New Member

Albums:
    One more point worth mentioning is that a "loading phase" isn't necessary for some people. I simply use 5g after a hard workout. On a week where I'm going light due to hard training in the previous weeks, I stop using it simply because I don't feel it's necessary unless I'm lifting to absolute failure. Some people have speculated that the loading phase is just a marketing gimmick to get you to use the stuff faster.

Draft saved Draft deleted