Creative Ideas of what do do with old Speedos???

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a royal and white 3/8" striped Speedo that I loved. Unfortunately, there was tar floating in the ocean at the beach in Atlantic City and tar stuck to my swimsuit. I threw it away and am so sorry that I never kept it. Speedo has never offered those stiped swimsuits since. I bought one from Aussiebum, but it doesn't fit like Speedo brand. I'm hesitant to discard old Speedos and old underwear ever since being that they don't take up that much space.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I'm big believer of throwing things away once they are useless but off the top of my head...
make a bean bag toy or stress balls out of old speedos, or wrap soap with old suits for spiffy soap on a rope.
For the really special ones frame them individually and hang them up...

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm hesitant to discard old Speedos and old underwear ever since being that they don't take up that much space.

Yea a bunch are the all over prints that speedo, etc use to make that they really don't make anymore.. i loved them.. I just wish I would have had the courage to wear them away from lap swimming back when I first got them..

I"m getting old lol.. some I've now had for more than a decade, so can't just throw them out at all..

I still have my very first speedo, and the speedo I wore for freshman year swim practice.. its totally destroyed so it doesn't even have much display value..

but have a bunch that were worn just a few times, but don't really wear them anymore, or can't wear them due to lycra rot, but still definitely don't want to just throw them out.. at all..

I still need to lay them all out by the pool one day and take pictures for you guys, so you can all see my collection..

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I'm big believer of throwing things away once they are useless but off the top of my head...
make a bean bag toy or stress balls out of old speedos, or wrap soap with old suits for spiffy soap on a rope.
For the really special ones frame them individually and hang them up...

I agree, junk should be thrown away.. but to me speedos are definitely not junk.. and definitely aren't useless.. and some things no matter how useless they could be they still have memories..

they take me back to my younger days of self discovery... so they really are a part of me..

a bean bag could be cool..

stress balls would be cool uses of the fabric though it would be hard to tell what they are, and I really don't need tons of stress balls..

I'll probably frame my hs swim team speedo.. and maybe my Between the flags speedo and tshirt.

I just wish I would have gotten a few more of the BTF speedos while i was there, since they don't sell them anymore, and I emailed them and they have no plans of selling them in the near future.. which is really really sad.. as speedos ROCK..

Attachments

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Matt I understand you sentimental attachment. I have to confess I still have my speedos from when I was a lifeguard, I still have my Letter Jacket from high school and I still have my wings from when I was a flight attendant. Sadly however they are in ziplock bags in a box in the garage.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Roll them up in a ball and wind the drawstring around them and use them as Christmas tree ornaments.

that would definitely be creative.. could look cool on a white tree, then you could see all the colors..

Matt I understand you sentimental attachment. I have to confess I still have my speedos from when I was a lifeguard, I still have my Letter Jacket from high school and I still have my wings from when I was a flight attendant. Sadly however they are in ziplock bags in a box in the garage.

did u actually wear speedos for actual lifeguarding?.. or just practice

ziplock bags.. that could be bad.. if they don't have air i've heard that accelerates lycra rot.. I hate that disease.. its ruined several of them.. and destroyed some of my favorite pairs of shorts too..

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
that would definitely be creative.. could look cool on a white tree, then you could see all the colors..

did u actually wear speedos for actual lifeguarding?.. or just practice
Yes... when I was a lifeguard speedos were HOT! We had a choice of cherry red, navy blue or white. I never wore the white one on the mornings I taught swimming and had to get wet. I subsequently become less self conscious.
ziplock bags.. that could be bad.. if they don't have air i've heard that accelerates lycra rot.. I hate that disease.. its ruined several of them.. and destroyed some of my favorite pairs of shorts too..
Poke a few air holes with a needle. I have not checked them in ages but last time I did they were just fine.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes... when I was a lifeguard speedos were HOT! We had a choice of cherry red, navy blue or white. I never wore the white one on the mornings I taught swimming and had to get wet. I subsequently become less self conscious.

Poke a few air holes with a needle. I have not checked them in ages but last time I did they were just fine.

Thats awesome that you wore speedos lifeguarding.. I can't imagine lifeguards doing that these days, and definitely not WHITE..

I have seen guards at a beach in miami wear black ones once or twice just when there up on their towers..

I definitely want to go back to australia, during surf lifesaving season..

I use to wear a red one under my trunks for lifeguarding then at nights i'd take the trunks off, when putting the vacum in the pool and getting the toys out, since didn't want to get the trunks all wet..

thats the one I most recently discovered was damaged.. the fabric of that one is fine, but the elastic of the leg holes is kinds stretched out..

at least it is just a plain red tyr, so could be easily replaced if I wanted to, vs many of the others that can't get anymore..

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have them all sown up into a bedspread? Or make cushions out of them.

I've already got a bed spread that I love..

pillows could work though.. like sham accent ones.. that you don't actually put your head on so they won't get messed up..

or maybe a window valance or something..

keep the ideas coming guys..

D

deleted556573

I've already got a bed spread that I love..

pillows could work though.. like sham accent ones.. that you don't actually put your head on so they won't get messed up..

or maybe a window valance or something..

keep the ideas coming guys..

I like the "throw pillows" idea (I think that's the same thing you're calling sham accent pillows).

You could also add them to an existing lampshade.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Matt, how many friggin speedos do you have?:confused:
It sounds like you have at least a few dozen.
I've never had more than one at a time.
(I still have my last one, but for actual use, it's been supplanted by swimming trunks.)

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Matt, how many friggin speedos do you have?:confused:
It sounds like you have at least a few dozen.
I've never had more than one at a time.
(I still have my last one, but for actual use, it's been supplanted by swimming trunks.)

lots and lots i dont actually know..

but prolly only a dozen or two that are the print ones im talking about in this thread..

supplanted by trunks... why?

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Does anyone have any creative ideas of what to do with old speedos?...

Like ones that cant be worn anymore but have memories so you can't just throw them out....
Trim them and make curtain tie backs

Cut them and make friendship bracelets (for really good friends:smile:)