Credit & store cards working days??

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Okay, just a question, but more of a rant!. I paid my monthly credit card today, had to be paid by Monday, i paid by phone with my debit card to be told it will not reach the date as it takes three working days to register in my account, today does not count as it was after 3-30pm:eek:. I asked what working days were, she replied Monday to Friday.

Sat/Sun and bank holidays are not working days.

I asked if interest was charged on my credit card on the sat/Sun and Bank Holidays she replied yes;i asked why? if these are not working days, the advisor replied because it is.I informed her i was not happy with that decision, if its not working days for my money to reach them over the weekend then why should they have working days to charge me when they do not consider them working days in the first place.

She put me onto her manager who was no help either but as a good will gesture said she would not charge me a late payment fee.

I checked this further with my store card provider it was the same process, they refunded a late payment fee too but could not explain the process of working days and non working days.

Has anyone else checked their cards and payment charges?. If i have got this wrong or there is a good explanation please tell me.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've long ago given up trying to understand the rules and regulations of card companies. I however pay bills the old fashioned way. I mail checks. The day the bill comes I open it and check the accuracy of the bill and write a check and put it in an envelope and write the date that it should be posted in order to get to the company on or before the date that payment must be received and send it on that day. I've never been charged a late fee.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am with nudeyorker. But I haven't written a cheque for anything in years. I get an emailed statement and make a money transfer online the same day. The transfers in-country happen immediately Monday through Friday 5pm. Even to other banks. But they don't make transfers on weekends though. I think it has always been that way.

I think you should be happy with the late fee refund.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I am with nudeyorker. But I haven't written a cheque for anything in years. I get an emailed statement and make a money transfer online the same day. The transfers in-country happen immediately Monday through Friday 5pm. Even to other banks. But they don't make transfers on weekends though. I think it has always been that way.

I think you should be happy with the late fee refund.

Hi Vince, i'm okay with that, the point i was making is, how can they say that Sat/Sun are working days to charge you interest but not working days to accept your payment? either they are working days or not for both.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm to the point of telling my credit card companies to fuck off. Some of them charge me outrageous interest for no reason, and I'm to the point of calling them and telling them if they don't lower my rates, I'm not going to pay them any more. Let them come after me. I don't have anything. I'm barely a full time employee, so what could they garnish? Fuck em all.