Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It speaks for its self *Warning* subject must be capable of solving 2nd grade math equations "or whenever the hell you learn subtraction" to get the full experince of THIS

Who or better yet WHAT is behind this? 0_0

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The answer is always going to be a multiple of 9 (9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72. 81, 90, 99), and each time you refresh the page those numbers are all given the same symbol, so if you do the math right, it'll always choose the correct one :p

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The answer is always going to be a multiple of 9 (9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72. 81, 90, 99), and each time you refresh the page those numbers are all given the same symbol, so if you do the math right, it'll always choose the correct one :p

:eek: You are a genuis!

I just put it off as magic :tongue:

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Now "smarty":rolleyes: since you know EVERYTHING, whats the secret behind this :wink:

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That one is easy too. None of the cards are the same second time around. If you cannot remember all of the initial cards write them down and see :wink:

jaja, I know I can't believe I didn't notice that...I thought the computer was somehow reading the signals of my brain like a cellphone or something lol I was all "maybe it stores my electrons and reads them like it does with memory, perhaps the government has figured a way to read minds all along, and is experimenting secretly by placing it in the form of this flash game :suspect: " wow, i'm crazy...

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nah, you're not crazy or stupid or anything like that. Its easy to be fooled, thats why card tricks and magic have been around for so long. The "Amazing" Randi, who was a magician for many years once said it was much easier to fool an adult (particularly a well-educated one) than a child when doing a card trick. This is because over the course of your life you learn that you need to accept certain basic things as facts so that you can put 2 and 2 together to solve a more complex problem. In the first example, you are accepting the fact that you must do the addition and subtraction of the digits in order to use the mind reader...If its really reading your mind, why is a math equation necessary? In the second, you are forgetting that it is a computer image and not an un-touched deck of cards in front of you. Children never assume anything and therefore are more likely to notice when a magician is "cheating" and will point it out.

This was a neat post, glad you made it

Kudos to jlr who apparently (by the date stamp on the posts) figured that out almost right away. Those Habs are born winners.

p.s. Thanks for taking that bum Gomez off of our hands

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
p.s. Thanks for taking that bum Gomez off of our hands

Bleh, getting tired of Rangers fans saying that! haha.

Oh well. If Gomez can earn even half of his ridiculous salary next year, I'll be somewhat pleased. Hopefully him and Gionta can rekindle some of the magic they had with the Devils.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It speaks for its self
Who or better yet WHAT is behind this? 0_0

Simple algebra.

Any two-digit number comprised of the digits X and Y can be expressed as (10X + Y).

The puzzle asks you to subtract the sum of the digits, (X+Y), from the number itself:

= (10x + y) - (x+y)
= 10x + y - x - y
= 9x

You can see, the result will always be a whole multiple of 9. No mystery here.

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry to the O.P....I know this is not the topic of the post but..

To jlr:

Gomez is actually a terrific player and was so with the Rangers...its just that that idiot Sather payed him more than he was worth; hes not a goal scorer and paying him more money wont make him one. I don't know about Gionta but Gomez + Kovalev would have been nice. Oh well, se la vie

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry to the O.P....I know this is not the topic of the post but..

To jlr:

Gomez is actually a terrific player and was so with the Rangers...its just that that idiot Sather payed him more than he was worth; hes not a goal scorer and paying him more money wont make him one. I don't know about Gionta but Gomez + Kovalev would have been nice. Oh well, se la vie

O no big, besides I can see how "Gomez" and the 'Rangers" fit into this somehow, they're probably behind this :suspect: :smile:

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL, yeah sorry 'bout that...I love hockey

Anyway, this is the guy I was talking about...This video is a little long but it's pretty cool. This guy was a magician but "debunks" people when they claim they actually have super powers. It popped into my mind when that website said it was going to "read my mind"...There's always some bullshit involved with incredible claims. It's just a matter of how deep you need to look...

YouTube - James Randi demonstrates how to fake psychic powers