Crikey! Croc Hunter Steve Irwin has Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just off the NBC and CNN wires here in Anchorage.....

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead

September 04, 2006

The Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said. It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occured.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

More info forthcoming....

Confirmed it at this link: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20349890-1702,00.html

Sad....died doing what he loved though. :(

Rock on,

Damiaen

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
How sad! :(

I always liked him and his show. I liked his wife as well, she seems like a tough gal, hopefully that toughness will help her through the loss of her husband. Steve Irwin seemed like a genuine and nice guy, how sad that he has died young. He obviously made a mistake when he 'walked' his baby near a crocodile and he paid for it with his career. I missed him and his show. Unfortunately, he will never return. I will certainly miss his "have a look at this" saying, and his cute Australian accent.

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What a SHITTY article. It ends like so: "
The Irwins have two children – a daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, eight, and a three-year-old son, Robert (Bob) Clarence Irwin.
Bob was involved in a controversial incident with his father in January, 2004, when he dangled him near a crocodile at Australia Zoo.
Mr Irwin carried his infant son in one arm while feeding a dead chicken carcass to a crocodile with the other hand.
Child welfare and animal rights groups criticised his actions as irresponsible and tantamount to child abuse.
Mr Irwin stated any danger to his son was only a perceived danger and that he was in complete control of the situation."

He's fucking DEAD. This isn't a smear campaign. Jesus Christ. *pissed*

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Heather LouAnna said:
What a SHITTY article. It ends like so: "
The Irwins have two children – a daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, eight, and a three-year-old son, Robert (Bob) Clarence Irwin.
Bob was involved in a controversial incident with his father in January, 2004, when he dangled him near a crocodile at Australia Zoo.
Mr Irwin carried his infant son in one arm while feeding a dead chicken carcass to a crocodile with the other hand.
Child welfare and animal rights groups criticised his actions as irresponsible and tantamount to child abuse.
Mr Irwin stated any danger to his son was only a perceived danger and that he was in complete control of the situation."

He's fucking DEAD. This isn't a smear campaign. Jesus Christ. *pissed*

Right!

We are all only human and he made a mistake, as we all do! He paid for it dearly! It is bound to come up though, hopefully people wont be so cruel as to begin anew the debate over whether or not he was a good parent! He loved his children, obviously, and it will be they who will suffer the most from not having their dad anymore! Hopefully they too will have the strength to get through life without their dad! My dad died five years ago this month and I miss him everyday! I at least had him in my life until I was an adult. These two little children (one of whom may never remember his dad), will never have their dad through their most important and formative years. A horrible situation indeed! Once again, how sad, I only wish the best for his family and feel so awful for their loss!

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wikipedia:

On September 4, 2006 shortly after 11:00 AM local time, Irwin was killed in a marine accident while filming an underwater documentary in the Batt Reef off the Low Isles near Port Douglas, north of Cairns, Queensland, Australia. It is believed that a stingray barb penetrated his chest causing a fatal wound, though this has yet to be confirmed by Australian officials. Irwin was on schedule to film his underwater documentary Prey of the Sea when he was threatened by a male sting ray. Not one to back down from potential footage, Irwin began to taunt the fish, enticing it. Irwin grabbed at the sting ray, poked and prodded at it with his spear gun, and put it into a headlock. While in the headlock, the fish stung the croc hunter in the chest half a dozen times before Irwin let loose his grip. In response, Irwin stuck his thumb up his butthole.
Filed under: Stupid is as stupid does. At least he scarred that bitch ass stingray for life as a going away present.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am actually happy for him. He lived and died the way he wanted. I cannot imagine Steve Irwin dying in a nursing home at 93. Can you? I feel awful for his family and friends. His wife and he were so palpably in love. He was so vibrant. I can't imagine losing a friend who is like him.

D_Haole_Berry

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes its a sad day, and yes so many people loved his enthusiasm and spirit. But I can't help feel that maybe he was a little selfish risking his life every day, when he had 3 young kids to live for?

Thoughts go out to his family.

Xander

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Poor guy, and the poor kids. The older one Bindi adored him..she is just like a 'mini me' version of him and she especially is going to be devistated.

Also his wife dosent know yet, she ius trekkiung in Tasmania with friends and they cant get hold of her. I hope and assume she will keep their reptile park going by herself now.

At least he died doing what he loved .

This ckicky is for you steve..

Crickyyy :wink:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Xander111 said:
...But I can't help feel that maybe he was a little selfish risking his life every day, when he had 3 young kids to live for?

Xander

Many people with children risk their lives every day. Soldiers come to mind. The children are never asked. But what a wonderful lesson for children to learn and learn early: Design your life around your passion. Life is short. What's the difference? Not taking risks guarantees he'll be there for them? My parents died young, and took no such risks as his. They did, however, live life with passion and conviction. The people they touched came to their services and my mother's burial. There were so very many. And my father's memorial was actually a party/jam session! His life was a party/jam session. My mother used all of her spare time teaching children to tap into their creativity and make things out of practically nothing. I learned from them what I hope the Irwin children got from their dad. Are we to make tremendous sacrifice for our children? Yes. But if we don't live, we cannot teach them to do so.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Better to burn out than fade away? He always seemed like he had crazy more energy than normal.

It's like Grizzly Man. Dieing wasn't of great concern to him. Freak accident though. Who knew you could die from a stingray to the heart?

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:hug:

Bye Steve you did great in your fun life to invironment and animal lives...you will be missed.

I'm sad... kisses and my condolences to dear Australian people and his family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.