Criminal justice system?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by DC_DEEP, Nov 3, 2005.

1. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

On October 22 (12 days ago....?) I posted a link to an article about the Kansas law with unequal punishments depending upon the gender of the offender. The courts declared that the young man had served about 3 years longer than he should have, and decided he should be remanded to the custody of his aunt and uncle. Odd thing is, I read in the news this morning he is still in jail. Apparently, the state is "waiting for paperwork to be completed." I think everyone involved in keeping him incarcerated after his sentence was overturned should be thrown in jail for contempt and false imprisonment. Honestly, why can they not just release him, and finish up any paperwork without him still in a cell? Seems that they are just looking for ways to keep that filthy homa-seckshul locked up until they find some other reason to continue his incarceration, rather than end it (as mandated.) Any comments?

2. B_HappyHammer1977

B_HappyHammer1977 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Nov 3 2005, 01&#58;23 PM) [post=357866]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    On October 22 (12 days ago....?) I posted a link to an article about the Kansas law with unequal punishments depending upon the gender of the offender. The courts declared that the young man had served about 3 years longer than he should have, and decided he should be remanded to the custody of his aunt and uncle. Odd thing is, I read in the news this morning he is still in jail. Apparently, the state is "waiting for paperwork to be completed." I think everyone involved in keeping him incarcerated after his sentence was overturned should be thrown in jail for contempt and false imprisonment. Honestly, why can they not just release him, and finish up any paperwork without him still in a cell? Seems that they are just looking for ways to keep that filthy homa-seckshul locked up until they find some other reason to continue his incarceration, rather than end it (as mandated.) Any comments?
    [/b][/quote]

Where is he? Guantanamo Bay?&#33;

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyHammer1977 &#064; Nov 3 2005, 08&#58;49 AM) [post=357874]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Where is he? Guantanamo Bay?&#33;
    [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, you would think he was some sort of enemy combatant terrorist fanatic type... but no, he is just simply sitting to rot in a Kansas jail. I don&#39;t believe in "sovereign immunity", so the state of Kansas needs to be responsible for damages - say, in the neighborhood of &#036;1000 per day he was held in jail in excess of the "heterosexual" maximum for the same crime... plus &#036;100,000 per day he has been held since the court ordered his release. Oh, and don&#39;t forget to jail the prosecutor, the judge, anyone else involved in incarcerating him illegally. Yeah, it won&#39;t happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted