Crisis at the office. Can't find pants

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by PrettyLarge954, Sep 24, 2007.

1. PrettyLarge954

PrettyLarge954 New Member

Hi Guys,
    Need some help on this one. I recently got a new job back in the corporate world. In my old job, I was able to wear jeans for years with a suit shirt. This office keeps a dress-casual rule. You don't have to wear a suit, but no jeans. I am 6'4 180lb , very long and lanky. Shirts are a whole 'another problem (wear a medium shirt, but always have to roll up sleeves since there too short. But finding pants that fit are a nightmare. I have a 32" waist and 35" inseam. I am about 6" flaccid, but extremely thick, and I have a very large sac of nuts underneath. (let alone those times in a day when a guy can grow a bit for no damn reason).
    I have only been able to find pants with a 32"inseam that have a 32" inseam. And the inseam on those cut right up my nuts and split everything into a projectile package just when standing. God forbid I have to sit down, there's just no room to put everything. It does not help that I have runner's (thick and solid) legs, that eat up an extra fabric the leg.
    Now to make matters even worse, my boss, who happens to be gay, can't stop crotch watching when he's in the office. No offense to him. And I can appreciate a compliment when I get one, but it's out of control.
    The pants for comfort is the most important thing though. I will deal with his crotch watching.
    So what can anyone recommend for pants?
    (and before you say, yes I have tried changing the style of my underwear already to see if that helped the fit)
    Thank you.

2. Bajan

Bajan Member

Albums:
    Try having pants tailored!

3. Osiris

Gold Member

You may need to resort to tailored pants. I used to be really skinny and I had the most horrid time getting pants that fit as I had runners thighs and was skinny as a rail. You can find pants off the rack for this, but it is hard to do.

I have had a lot of good luck with sizes on khakis at Old Navy. Khakis as a rule are cut a bit baggier in the upper areas to accomodate unrestricted movement. Barring that, you can go to a tailor and they can tailor pants that are longer in the crotch to accomodate your member. If you are leaning toward suits, you may want to investigate what used to be called Gladiator cut suits. They got the name because the jacket tapered in at the waist, but left room for broad athletic shoulders. The pants were designed to accomodate thicker thighs and smaller waists, but the one thing I noticed about them was they were preferred by men with large members for the extra room in them.

Hope this helps.

4. Tlss

Tlss New Member

Have you tried getting tailored made pants to accommodate your size? Or maybe if you get a bigger sized pants like 34" and you can always use a belt to make it fit on your waist.

5. Honkworm

Honkworm New Member

I'm 6'4" tall and have always had trouble with pants and shirts being long enough. Try big and tall stores/catalogs. JC Penney has some good stuff and you can get pants online unhemmed and take them to your local cleaners/alterations for hemming. Also look for pants that say relaxed fit or full fit. Oh.....and damn, don't I wish I had a problem that my package was too big for my pants. ;>)

6. PrettyLarge954

PrettyLarge954 New Member

Hey Everyone,
    Never really had considered the tailoring thing. Somewhat out of shyness, also becuase I have not found many untailored slacks in my price range. I was hoping for an off the shelf brand.
    I also have tried the buying the larger waist size for the increased inseam. It looked really bad. I teeter more on the 31/32, then the 32/33 waist size. But thank you, I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks folks,
    Ill keep reading the responses.

7. Osiris

Gold Member

You can do this, but get a good reputable seamstress to alter them for you. they still may look a bit odd, but better than spending a fortune on the tailored slacks or dealing with sounding like Michael Jackson from the crotch restraint.

8. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    You might try MensWearHouse. Most of the slacks they sell are unhemmed.

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Look for a Big and Tall store in your area. Casual Male and King Size carry an excellent range of sizes. Consider pleated pants with extra room in the thighs.

10. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Tailored pants. Off-the-rack pants seldom if ever look good, even for those with a more average range of dimensions.

11. catman

Gold Member

I have found pleeted slacks as well...

I have heard differing stories but some say they have a 'full cut' pant (for heavier guys) but have noticed a diffence in brands....some seem to cut RIGHT up the nuts...others give you a bit of 'room'...

12. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Almost any decent mens department will have pants long enough for you. I wear a 32 waist 36 inseam. You can get them at some of the larger stores or order online from like penney's. You need to buy the full cut not the slim cut. Khaki's do have a better crotch in them. Jeans are made to kill you. Menswearhouse can do the alterations. Look in your phone book for alterations. A lot of cleaners do them too. I have to have long uniform pants altered into shorts. Otherwise, it's hot pants city.

13. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am disappointed. The title "Crisis at the office. Can't find pants" led me to expect a thread started by someone who had mislaid his trousers at work.

14. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey guy, if you are not too proud to consider this , I have a suggestion that could save you both grief and a few bucks!
    Stores like Goodwill , which carry an astonishing array of sizes of used trousers, often carry a wider selection of first rate used trousers than many first line men's stores do of new ones. I would not be surprised if you found the requisite 32 x 35 that you desire. As I say just a suggestion, but one well worth considering.

15. hlest

hlest New Member

i have this problem too and i'm not even huge. why is it so hard to find khakis that fit well but don't squeeze the nuts??? all these twig leg and pencil dick guys ruining the clothing market

my only suggestion so far is try going up a waist size or two

however you shouldn't have a problem finding longer pants

16. Principessa

Gold Member

You need to try the J.C. Penney Big & Tall catalog for men.

Did this trigger a memory Calboner?:confused::tongue: Do you care to share your story?

17. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

You got a sac of problems. Good luck to you

18. canuck_pa

Gold Member

Most men's clothing stores should have pants in size 32 x 36. If you're looking for Khakis try Banana Republic..

For more dressy pants go to a good men's wear store and buy quality. Good quality pants are usually tailored better and have more "give" where you need it. Also get pants with an unfinished hem to get the length you need. They should also have more room in the seat and crotch. When buying unhemmed pants tell the tailor if you dress left or right (the side your cock hangs to). They can ease the crotch area on the side you dress.

Cheap pants will never fit as well as good quality pants that are adjusted to fit you. They'll look better and last longer.

At a men's wear store a good sales person should also be able to guide you in your selection helping you choose clothes that work well together. By buying co-ordinating pants and shirts will also stretch your wardrobe. When buying slack also buy at least two shirts that work with it for different looks.
    When buying more clothes go back to the same sales person. They will get to know you and help you make selections that will stretch your wardrobe.
    Think about how your clothes work together and forget about buying individual pieces.

19. art

art
    Gold Member

Try Lands' End.com. They have a nice line of suit separates that are reasonably priced and good quality.

20. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Our Good will often times sales new clothing with the tags still on it. I had a coworker spend her entire lunch there every single day.

Draft saved Draft deleted