Criteria for a "Large" Penis

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow. If that's true then I'm above average in both dimensions.

I wouldn't take it too seriously, as he later posted this:

My own research, asking women and reading articles; I made all the calculations myself. What would you say the average length and girth is in that case? Exactly 5.1x4.4? I think so. Also make sure you read everything in the picture, it is a little blurry just zoom in though.

His own research? Based on women's impressions? And only 10 women at that? It may be a good indication of 10 women's IMPRESSIONS of the penises THEY had seen. But it isn't much more than that.

You know what's weird is that when I look at the toilet paper tube....to me it looks small and thin but, to date, when I've asked women about it they think it's considerably thicker than what they've normally had.

Looks are deceiving. The energy drink bottle sitting next to me doesn't LOOK all that thick - quite small and thin actually - but if I put my hands around it the way I would a cock, it feels huge - over 7.5 inches when measured.

Basically, things tend to look smaller than they feel - or more positively, they feel bigger than they look (for me at least).

brianmann

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I didn't read all 10 pages of posts, so sorry if this is a repeat. I like the does it reach your belly button as a big dick line...seems for most guys that's about 8in...only been with average/tall white guys though so I'm sure it varies

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't take it too seriously, as he later posted this:

His own research? Based on women's impressions? And only 10 women at that? It may be a good indication of 10 women's IMPRESSIONS of the penises THEY had seen. But it isn't much more than that.

Dang. That had me in a good mood too. :frown1:

Looks are deceiving. The energy drink bottle sitting next to me doesn't LOOK all that thick - quite small and thin actually - but if I put my hands around it the way I would a cock, it feels huge - over 7.5 inches when measured.

Basically, things tend to look smaller than they feel - or more positively, they feel bigger than they look (for me at least).

But what I'm talking about is that the toilet paper tube looks big to the....well just three women I've asked about it. As for numbers one had 18 partners, one had 15 the other had just 4. So from their perspective it seemed rather big.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I posted a similar topic recently but got shouted down for it :)
Here is a quick synopsis:

Let's take a reputable study on penis size, for example, the Lifestyle condom study conducted in 2001 by Ansell. They found that the average penis size is 5.9 inches, with an SD of 0.8 inches.

This is one of the higher estimates of average size and SD.

Given these parameters we can compute a z-score, which allows us to determine the probabilities of the sizes of certain penises.

So we can now work out the probability of a 10 inch penis:
p= 0.00000149 (actually a slight overestimation)
or
assuming 3 billion males there should be 4.47 people IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that have a 10 inch or bigger penis.

For interest (if I havn't bored anyone fully yet) here are some probabilities of being bigger than some other sizes.

9" = .0000533 or around 3198 people in the world
8" = .0043325 or around 259,950 people
7" = .135661 or around 8,139,660 people

Again, statistics is a funny field and there very well could be people that defy the odds, but keep in mind that the figures above are calculated off a mean and SD which is higher than one normally found, so the numbers are likely to be EVEN SMALLER. Further research makes me think the above numbers are likely to be MUCH smaller.

You neglected to mention that the probabilities you derive from the statistical tools: mean, standard deviation, and Z-score are only valid if the population is normally distributed. I personally believe that penis size does not follow a normal distribution but that there is a distinct asymmetrical "tail" towards large outliers. This is supported by the surveys and studies which were not self-reported, most of which demonstrate means for penis length significantly greater than the median values.

airc3

Sexy Member
Media
I've always thought 7"+ was "above average" or "large" and then 8" was huge. Or maybe that's just because I'm 7 and it's wishful thinking? :)

In regards to needing 8"+ to reach the belly button, not true. My 7 incher can reach mine comfortably. Then again, I'm also short.

khaz

Just Browsing
Media
You neglected to mention that the probabilities you derive from the statistical tools: mean, standard deviation, and Z-score are only valid if the population is normally distributed. I personally believe that penis size does not follow a normal distribution but that there is a distinct asymmetrical "tail" towards large outliers. This is supported by the surveys and studies which were not self-reported, most of which demonstrate means for penis length significantly greater than the median values.

Very true, I did write about this in the original post but I cut it for the current topic. Multivariate normality is violated in several studies, however contrary to what you indicate they are all self-report studies. When penis size is measured by objective observers in large scale studies measurements approximate multivariate normality.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dang. That had me in a good mood too. :frown1:

Don't be too downhearted. As a number it actually seems pretty reasonable - with average being a little lower than the lifestyles survey (assuming that smaller guys were less likely to participate). But you should know better than to take this sort of 'research' seriously.

But what I'm talking about is that the toilet paper tube looks big to the....well just three women I've asked about it. As for numbers one had 18 partners, one had 15 the other had just 4. So from their perspective it seemed rather big.

No, no, I get it. What I meant is that, if we see things as smaller than they are girth wise, the fact that they actually think it's big, could mean it would seem GIGANTIC to them if they put their hand around it.

DT66

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure someone will post some kind of 'official' stats for you soon enough. For me, I need around 7 inches to hit my a-spot. So anything that size or larger I count as 'big enough for me'.

Girth I find doesn't matter much for me - I'm more of a length/depth girl. But 6 inches and over will leave me quite sore unless I'm fucking them regularly.
Your A spot? Damn, has anyone ever hit your G spot? Whats that then about 13"? A, B, C, D....Jeebus you mean I gotta bring my tool and a friend then? :biggrin1:

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your A spot? Damn, has anyone ever hit your G spot? Whats that then about 13"? A, B, C, D....Jeebus you mean I gotta bring my tool and a friend then? :biggrin1:

Nah, the use of an ultrasonic "stud finder" is all you need really. If it finds wood in walls, it will find it in your gal. ;D

That A may be for "AwesomesaucebbqWTF!"-spot. ;>

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jesus! Too many spots.

Us guys are much simpler.

One cock. Put it in your mouth and we are happy.