criticism of pubic shaving

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_BarryBunwarmer, Sep 22, 2008.

1. D_BarryBunwarmer

D_BarryBunwarmer Account Disabled

I think a lot of the criticism of pubic shaving is rather silly. If you don't like the way it looks, that's fine. I don't like guys wearing skin tight jeans. But that's just me.

But I think it's silly when people say that shaving pubic hair makes a guy look prepubescent. If you can't tell the difference between an adult shaved dick and a little boy's dick, then you're in pretty bad shape.

Some guys shave their chests. Some guys shave their heads. Do they look like babies?

Does shaving your face make you look like a child?

Michael Phelps is probably the most popular guy in the world right now with shaved armpits. Does he look like a woman? Some people think he's ugly but it's not because of his pits.

I think people should just accept that some people have certain tastes that don't always agree with their own.

#1 D_BarryBunwarmer, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    well to each their own.....I don't think the criticising of guys for shaving any part of their body has to do with looks. I think its more about masculinity. If I look at a guuy with his clothes on, his legs shaved and his arms shaved....I don't know....its like in my mind, he's less of a man (unless he's got the body of a weightlifter or a swimmers body). Same thing goes with shaved chests. Body hair has always been a characterisic that sets men apart from women, thus making it a sign of masculinity. There for a man who lacks body hair = an unmasculine man....I.E. he's less of a man in my eyes. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it.....its just.....weird to me.

Note: I have shaved my chest one time (I'm pretty damned hairy all over) and I couldn't stand the sensation. Same thing goes with pubes (have done it several times....just for the thrill of it, and a day or so later, I regretted). I've shaved my legs once too....just to see how it felt, again....an odd sensation, and I felt like less of a man.

3. D_BarryBunwarmer

Body hair does NOT make a man a man.

Saying that if a man doesn't have leg hair or whatever he is less of a man sounds VERY superficial and shallow.

4. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

apparently you only looked at the surface of what I was saying. I was saying for ME, men having hair is a big part of their masculinity. I didn't say body hair made a man.

I don't appreciate being called superficial and shallow either.

I wasn't criticizing anyone either. I was just making the statement for me, a big part of masculinity is body hair. As a child, I couldn't wait until my body looked like my dad's or the other men I would see at the beach, pool, or wherever. Why you asked, because they had body hairr. Chest hair, leg hair, arm hair, and facial hair. To me, as a child, having hair on your body was a big part of being a masculine man. That thought process carried over to me as an adult.

Not to mention I'm not going to be having any type of relationship with a man other than friendship. If he wants to be smooth, so be it, its not my body. Who am I to judge what he or any other person does to their body.

I'm just saying that I'm not into removing any body hair on my body other than my face and maybe my balls. Thats my personal preference and I don't appreciate my opinion of what I am comfortable with doing to my body being dumped on!

5. nashboy

nashboy Active Member

Albums:
    its all opinions anyway....who cares....ive gotten quite a few compliments on my shaved pics...

6. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

and you've got the body for it

hence me saying in my first post, having a swimmers body or a weightlifters body.....

If your sporting some killer abs and a killer body.....if being shaved is your thang go for it!

7. nashboy

nashboy Active Member

Albums:
    :biggrin1::wink::redface: thank you

8. huckjam

huckjam New Member

Well, having it shaved means your girl or guy can lick you up and down.

9. D_Mallaber Manynuts

D_Mallaber Manynuts New Member

It's up to the individual. I don't like it and say so, but for those who do, go for it.

10. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I'm with uanbear. Growing up, I eroticized body as the sign of an adult man. I looked forward to having it and I like it on other men. I manscape; keep the balls shaved, for example and trim. I think it's like having a good hair cut. But to me, shaved body hair de-sexualized a man. I don't fault other men for doing it, but I don't find it sexually attractive.

11. D_BarryBunwarmer

And that's a good way of looking at it because we all have our preferences. But saying a man is "less" of a man, like that other guy, because of it is going too far.

12. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well here in the UK pubic shaving is much more common in straight and bi guys. It seems to be something they've learned from their ladies. Some even wax their asses!

In a gay context, I have seen some guys adversize for shaving as a sexual activity.

Personally, I prefer a trimmed bush and balls but I don't think I'd turn down a guy I fancied just 'cos he'd shaved.

13. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Personally I think trimming is enough...
    Totally shaven is not sexy to me...

14. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm extremely hairy. I caught crabs in 1980 and the doctor directed me to shave head to toe. I applied Quell lotion and the little bastards went away in a few days. On my own, I would have never shaved my entire body. I noticed how my clothes felt loose on my body and didn't pull or tug on the body hair.

Having had that experience, I bought my first set of clippers in the late '80s to cut the hair on my head and to do my own manscaping. The clippers come with guards for the user to choose the desired hair length. I've seen guys shaved, trimmed, and fully hairy that look hot. I'm not into the 5" armpit hair, though. Trimmed body hair is my preference.

15. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Ditto for me.

16. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think guys with body hair look much more masculine. Body hair is a secondary sex characteristic and the more you have the more manly you look.

You can be still be show off your muscles. For example, if you shave your arms above the elbow but leave your forearms hairy, your upper arms look bigger in contrast.

I knew a bodybuilder who clipped (not shaved) his chest which made it easy to see the muscles but still have the hair to play with and...........

.......get this -- for his 6-pack he shaved the "hills" but not the "valleys" which he just clipped short. WOW!!!!!! It accentuated his six pack much more than totally shaving it. It's like he outlined each ripple in black magic marker. Phenomenal effect. If you've got a six pack and are hairy, I highly recommend it. You'll get LOTS of attention.

17. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    I lick them up and down, shaved or not. Preferably not! :biggrin1:

18. D_season 5

D_season 5 Account Disabled

geez...dont get pissed at me..but when i first saw ur avator...i thought it was a women...sorry...
    as far as Michael Phelps goes...he is a swimmer...one has to shave...just to cut fractions of a second off the speed..i swam all my life..HS, college and on the school teams...we always shave...i HATED IT...i felt like a freak...a guy needs to look like a guy...gay guys...go for MEN...or they go for TWINKS...there isn't much in the middle that i know of...for a man to be smooth..and to have sex with him...i doubt i could get it up...and that is just me...
    if i wanted a women..i could easily find one..i have sex with women frequently..their skin is different from guys...its smooth and soft...guys..are rugged and muscular...the ones i go for...i don't think that guys ask to be on my friends list because of what swings between my legs...and i suspect there may be a few...i think its cuz...i have manly appeal...at least..that is my goal...and given who i sleep with, have sex with for the last 4+ years...i'd say...mission accomplished...my partner...is a well known NFL Hall of Fame man...defensive end..retired...and still hit the TV screen every Sunday and does a number of ads for a domestic truck company out of Detroit...and its not FORD...he wreaks of masculinity..tho..that his face...some of his mannerisms...come off a bit too...good looking...too pretty boyish..but he is rugged and all of it...i can't imagine having sex with him if he shaved his body...i'd whip him if he did...and NO he is not into chains and whips...LOL
    robbie

19. vergudo 1

vergudo 1 New Member

I like man hair, arm pits, chest, belly, pubes ass legs all of it. I'm a very hairy guy and to please someone, I did some shaving of body hair. It took forever, clogged the drains, hurt itched growing out no more. I do trim and shave my cock because hair grows half way up or is it half way down my cock. Guys like it better that way for sucking. And for hygeine cock stays cleaner. Till I took my first hairy cock, I thought I was alone with a hairy dick. I was taught to shave it carefully. Glad all guys are not the same and variety is the spice...

20. D_BarryBunwarmer

Then you don't have much of a relationship then do you?

John McCain ditched his wife when she was in an accident and disfigured and put on weight.

Some people are just shallow

There's a Savage Garden song with a lyric that goes "I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul"

here it would be "I believe your most attractive features are your chest hair and the truck you drive"

#20 D_BarryBunwarmer, Sep 23, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted