Crossing the Racial and Ethnic Threshold for Sex

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How often do you cross that threshold of having sex with someone from a different "race" or ethnicity than yourself?

Are you interested in crossing that threshold or do you just prefer having sex with people of your own race or ethnicity?

How uncomfortable or comfortable are you when you are hit upon by members of a different race or ethnicity than yourself?

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
I prefer to enjoy as many different races as possible. In fact, I often visit other countries just to check out the girls.

My next stop will be Ethiopia, which has some very beautiful women, and a rather well organised, and cheap pleasure scene.

Obviously, some sexual vacationists stick to one race only, but there are just as many who love the kick of checking out as many different types of girls as possible.

Outside of the holiday season, I jump on every interracial occasion that presents itself. It's fun.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A more interesting threshhold (in America at least) is that of class. In my experience interracial sex is slightly unusual, but it is almost unheard of for a upper-middle class American to have sex with a working-class or poor American. And when it does happen, it is usually sort of a lark or experiment on the part of the upper-middle class person.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How often do you cross that threshold of having sex with someone from a different "race" or ethnicity than yourself?

Are you interested in crossing that threshold or do you just prefer having sex with people of your own race or ethnicity?

How uncomfortable or comfortable are you when you are hit upon by members of a different race or ethnicity than yourself?

This actually happens to me more often than not. I'm always flattered when anyone is attracted to me, so I'm comfortable with it!

The only time it's a problem is when the guy who is interested in me doesn't speak English very well (and they seem to be attracted to me a lot, too!), because of the language barrier, not because of race or ethnicity.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

Do you know, I've never thought of it in those terms. The only distinction I've ever made when hitting on and being hit on (and further) is male / female.

Am I alone in that?

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I never have, but not because of any preference really. I did have a friend a while back try to hook me up first with her Asian friend. We agreed right off that anything between us was strictly platonic, and that our mutual friend only tried to hook us up because we were her two only single friends and around the same age. She was really cute though and fun to hang out with. So it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Later on, she tried to hook me up with her black friend. She was damn hot. Slim waist, easily DDs and all natural. And at first sight, I broke her of the "black is bigger" delusion that had kept her away from white guys, just as the mutual friend had promised. (Never hooked up with her, as she was my friend's girl-on-the-side, but she copped an eager grope when we were out together one night.) But that never went anywhere, because the mutual friend would neither leave us alone nor join in. And she never gave either of us a way to get ahold of each other. I think she got jealous of one of us at the last second, though I'm honestly not sure which of us it was.

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Re: Above.... not al all i was quite shocked and found myself thinking perhaps i was a little naive for not realizing there was this "Racial Threshold" as far as i knew race was just a matter of preference for example I think Lebanese men Spanish Men Irish and Scottish Men are totally hot....

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
:confused: Racial divides are no big deal. I have had sex with guys from a variety of racial backgrounds (I had a child with someone outside my race too!). It's no biggie. Guys are guys at the end of the day!

QuiteOne

Sexy Member
Media
Don't understand what the big deal is. As cliche as it sounds, I really don't see color in people. Humans are just humans... they come in different shapes and sizes and colors. "Race" and "Ethnicity" is meaningless to me.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As often as possible!

I had better be interested in crossing the threshold; since, the attractive Iraqis are few and far between in these parts.

Sex is sex. I don't really give much thought to skin color or ethnic background when going for a person. My comfort level is based more on how the other person is. If they are fidgety, it makes me realize that they aren't happy with their own being, enough so that they can share time freely with anyone, regardless of the shade of their skin or the nation of their birth.
A more interesting threshhold (in America at least) is that of class. In my experience interracial sex is slightly unusual, but it is almost unheard of for a upper-middle class American to have sex with a working-class or poor American. And when it does happen, it is usually sort of a lark or experiment on the part of the upper-middle class person.
It's gone on for years-
YouTube - Janis Ian - Society's Child and lyrics for those who need them again:

Come to my door, baby,
Face is clean and shining black as night.
My mother went to answer you know
That you looked so fine.
Now I could understand your tears and your shame,
She called you "boy" instead of your name.
When she wouldn't let you inside,
When she turned and said,
"But honey, he's not our kind."

She says, I can't see you any more, baby,
Can't see you anymore.

Walk me down to school, baby,
Everybody's acting deaf and blind.
Until they turn and say, "Why don't you stick to your own kind?"
My teachers all laugh, their smirking stares,
Cutting deep down in our affairs.
Preachers of equality,
Think they believe it, then why won't they just let us be?

They say I can't see you anymore baby,
Can't see you anymore.

One of these days I'm gonna stop my listening
Gonna raise my head up high.
One of these days I'm gonna raise up my glistening wings and fly.
But that day will have to wait for a while.
Baby I'm only society's child.
When we're older things may change,
But for now this is the way they must remain.
I say I can't see you anymore baby,
Can't see you anymore.
No, I don't want to see you anymore, baby

This was similar to what Angie and I faced when walking the halls of Curtis High School back in 1975 and 76. The students were usually quiet on the matter;some would make comments and a few teachers nosed in as well.

Sex between different economic levels has been going on for years-often resulting in one or both of the people being disowned from their family (ain't love sweet?)

Do you know, I've never thought of it in those terms. The only distinction I've ever made when hitting on and being hit on (and further) is male / female.

Am I alone in that?
No, I don't believe you are (then again, I take it to another level entirely-Male/Female Labeling=Discrimination)

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Earl,

May I ask why this subject seems to interest you so much?

I was reviewing this old thread here

http://www.lpsg.org/17555-racism-or-sexual-preference.html

and it struck me that in the gay world and the gays who belong in that culture are almost entirely segregated by race for the most part. It is all divided into sexual tastes. You have Asian bars, Black bars, White Bear bars....etc. It's very rare that they are integrated and I can't help but assume that it's because most of us have barriers or perhaps just don't find people outside our race attractive or sexually appealing. Sure there are exceptions to this as everything and there certainly is interracial sex and guys who exclusively have sex with guys outside their race.

Now the people who just have sex within their racial group probably will not post here on this thread for fear of being labeled a racist or bigot but I think intra-racial relationships and sex are the norm rather than interracial - gay and straight.

I am curious if there is a just a comfort level having sex with people who just look like you.

I am more comfortable having sex with white guys for some reason but I have had sex with Black men, Asians, and Latinos. It's just it's more difficult to approach them and connect for some reason and it's a two way street in that regard.

May I ask why you seem offended by me asking this?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ohhh! You should have said that in the original thread. Now it makes sense. :yup: Your original post was worded somewhat oddly and I wondered what you were getting at as well.

I was reviewing this old thread here
http://www.lpsg.org/17555-racism-or-sexual-preference.html
and it struck me that in the gay world and the gays who belong in that culture are almost entirely segregated by race for the most part. It is all divided into sexual tastes. You have Asian bars, Black bars, White Bear bars....etc. It's very rare that they are integrated and I can't help but assume that it's because most of us have barriers or perhaps just don't find people outside our race attractive or sexually appealing.

This is news to me, I had no idea gay bars were segregated! :eek: The ones I used to frequent in NJ and Philly were definetely integrated. Though I don't recall seeing many Asians there was always a nice mix of white, black, and latinos wherever I went.:cool:

Sure there are exceptions to this as everything and there certainly is interracial sex and guys who exclusively have sex with guys outside their race.

Now the people who just have sex within their racial group probably will not post here on this thread for fear of being labeled a racist or bigot but
I think intra-racial relationships and sex are the norm rather than interracial - gay and straight.
I can go along with that. I see many more interracial hetero couples now than I did when I was younger; but they are not the majority of couples. The majority of couples seem to be people who date those of the same ethnicity.

I was surprised to see so many inter-racial couples in Georgia until it was pointed out that many of the larger Baptist and Evangelical churches are inter-racial. In the southeast the social life tends to stem from the church. So it is not unusual to meet and marry someone from church no matter what color they are. I guess it's nice to have that one thing in common. I wouldn't know I've never dated anyone the same faith as me.

I am curious if there is a just a comfort level having sex with people who just look like you.

This should have been your original question and you may have received a better response.

I am more comfortable having sex with white guys for some reason but I have had sex with Black men, Asians, and Latinos. It's just it's more difficult to approach them and connect for some reason and it's a two way street in that regard.

May I ask why you seem offended by me asking this?
It's not the question, it's the way you asked it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

How often? I dunno. :confused: I'm really picky no matter what their race or ethnicity. That said I am a black female who hasn't had sex with a black man since the Reagan Administration. Mostly because of that picky factor I mentioned earlier.

Oddly, because of my upbringing and education I do not find relationships with black men to be easier than those with white men. The only difference is that I have to explain to some white guys about 'black hair' and why it is not funny to pick me up and throw me in the pool. :rolleyes: Other than that I can't think of any major obstacle.

I've only ever been asked out by white and black guys no Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, Aleutian Islanders, or Latinos and I was perfectly comfortable unless they seemed like a jerk or loser. I take that back, I am extremely uncomfortable being asked out by men who are shorter than myself, regardless of their color. :redface:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I have, but won't be doing it again.

I have limited myself to sex with human beings for the last 37 years. Color is just not important.

I'm flattered when anybody thinks I'm worthy of a second glance.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love all men and every variety of penis.
Guys of different ethnic groups can approach me, as long as they don't use that old "I like my women like I like my coffee" line - cause that definitely won't work again! :09:

Like NJ, Black men rarely hit one me, but I love when they do!
Most of the men I've dated, even banged, have been Italian or Greek. :08:

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Something about the original post--not the original poster, but the original post--makes me go ballistic.

Is it the assumption that humans are in fact divided so strongly culturally based on mere color?

Is it the underlying racism of the cultural schema that supports that notion?

I see people of all types as (potentially) beautiful. There are gorgeous and ugly people of all skin colors, nationalities, ethnicities, heights, weights, and backgrounds. What is this hangup in the USA re: "race" (a racist Eurocentric idea from its inception)?

NCbear (who's stepping down from his soapbox now :redface::rolleyes:)