Crotch groping in soccer

Adam Bleytou

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been playing soccer semi professionally for about 8 years and this is news to me. I'm yet to see or even hear about a soccer player, professional or not, that is openly gay or affectionately flirtatious with other players. Even if there are openly gay players, they'd be fully aware that "crotch groping" an opponent during an actual soccer match would result in a trip to the hospital via ambulance.

Sorry to shoot down any fantasies, but I find this absurd.

By the way, I have no problem with homosexuality what so ever and enjoy recieving comments from gay men on this site. I'm just giving my educated knowledge of the game that I play on a regular basis. This isn't even about homosexuality, being groped during a soccer match by an opponent is similar to a female being groped in the workplace by a random stranger, it's completely inappropriate. I don't know what the OP is on, but I'm guessing this is just his little fantasy, because it is hard to imagine that this goes on anywhere in any soccer games.

Adam Bleytou

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe the OP has just seen photographs of flailing arms that have brushed against or near to the crotch area by accident. Soccer is a high tempo game and arms do flail about a bit. There was also an incident back in 1990 or something where Vinnie Jones (back when he was a soccer player) reached behind himself to grab Paul Gascoignes crotch and twisted/squeezed it. But that was an act of aggression (and certainly not affection :biggrin1:) which left Gascoigne in quite some pain.

That's the only explanation I can think of for such a bizarre issue/thread.

Nekoman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I always notice that soccer players often grope the crotches of other players; similar to the ass smacking in other sports. Whats the deal?

I played baseball in high school and yeah, guys routinely gave each other a little encouraging slap on the side of the butt. Straight guys did this who wouldn't think of doing that anywhere else. I swear it's true. It's just a little sign of approval, like good job, good hit. When they got on base, they might get a little slap with a guys glove. Yeah, it was probably with the gloved hand. You gotta remember that in baseball, on the basepaths during the game, guys would be routinely tagged each other on the legs all the time anyway. It was never like, "oh, you're so cute", it was more like "way to go."

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been playing soccer semi professionally for about 8 years and this is news to me. I'm yet to see or even hear about a soccer player, professional or not, that is openly gay or affectionately flirtatious with other players. Even if there are openly gay players, they'd be fully aware that "crotch groping" an opponent during an actual soccer match would result in a trip to the hospital via ambulance.

Sorry to shoot down any fantasies, but I find this absurd.

By the way, I have no problem with homosexuality what so ever and enjoy recieving comments from gay men on this site. I'm just giving my educated knowledge of the game that I play on a regular basis. This isn't even about homosexuality, being groped during a soccer match by an opponent is similar to a female being groped in the workplace by a random stranger, it's completely inappropriate. I don't know what the OP is on, but I'm guessing this is just his little fantasy, because it is hard to imagine that this goes on anywhere in any soccer games.

really I think the OP just invented this silly story that straight guys do this because some of us wouldnt believe that other thread that says that straight guys slap other straight guys butts in sporting contexts ... do you believe they do that? the consensus seems to be that this does occurr amongst supposedly str8 guys but opinions are divided as to the implications ...

Adam Bleytou

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
really I think the OP just invented this silly story that straight guys do this because some of us wouldnt believe that other thread that says that straight guys slap other straight guys butts in sporting contexts ... do you believe they do that? the consensus seems to be that this does occurr amongst supposedly str8 guys but opinions are divided as to the implications ...

hmmm, I think that would be a lot more believable than crotch groping. Did you ever see that episode of Friends where Chandlers boss kept congratulating him for a job well done with a slap on the butt? :biggrin1:

I might have seen a friendly pat on the butt once or twice in soccer, but it's extremely rare. I have no idea about the implications, but it'd probably make most of us feel a little uncomfortable if it were used on us. I see crotch groping as completely different though, you can't grab another mans equipment as a friendly gesture for a job well done. :biggrin1:

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always notice that soccer players often grope the crotches of other players; similar to the ass smacking in other sports. Whats the deal?
I always notice when a person invent a thread from his fantasies and starts writing about what he doesn't know anything.

Please try to do that on a match, you may find amusing the feeling of the Aluminum Studs of a soccer shoes on your butt.

Adam Bleytou

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Wow, I really don't know what to say!

The fourth one down is the only one that looked homo-erotic though as they were actually teammates and the other three (with the exception of the second one down that could easily be put down to the ol' 'congratulatory ass pat' seeing as they were clearly celebrating a goal just scored) can be put down to opponents trying to wind up (aggravate) the opposition.

I've been playing/watching football (soccer) for years and was genuinely surprised to see these pics though, which tells you that this is extremely rare behaviour.