CRU Files Betray Climate Alarmists' Funding Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Big Al, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al

Gold Member

By Marc Sheppard

It seems that while scientists who accept funding from oil companies are branded as bought-and-paid-for shills, those financed by renewable energy interests remain unchallenged authorities in their fields. Words can’t adequately express my astonishment.

Amid the thousands of files apparently lifted from Britain’s Climate Research Unit (CRU) last week sit two documents on the subject of the unit’s funding.

Article continued HERE (As per the forum rules)

2. houtx48

Gold Member

this is what wiki has to say about American Thinker................" Writing in The Nation about what he describes as "a smear campaign" against Barack Obama, Ari Berman says "At the fulcrum of this effort is a little-known blogger from Northbrook, Illinois, named Ed Lasky, whose articles on AmericanThinker.com have done more than anything to give the smear campaign an air of respectability." take it with a grain of salt.

3. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Oh, good lord. The article linked in the opening post (by Marc Sheppard) is from "American Thinker". Here is a sample of other articles in the "American Thinker"'s archives:

Why Rush Limbaugh is a leading American intellectual

Ah. Another global warming article by the Marc Sheppard linked in the opening post: Climate: Change You Can't Believe In

Did Ayers Help Obama Get Into Harvard?

What I Saw at the Revolution
    (this is an account of Glenn Beck's 9/12 Tea Party. Official estimates put the crowd number at "tens of thousands", but this writer for American Thinker puts the number at close to a million).

Obama's Legacy: Hope on the Ropes

oh, look, ANOTHER climate change article written by Marc Sheppard: UN Climate Reports: They Lie

Michelle Obama's Olympic 'Gimme' Speech

Unexpected Outgrowths of the Tea Party Movement
    ("Something unexpected and wonderful is happening across America, folks!")

Obama's birth debate: It's about loyalty
    (the article tells us: "And yet the Obama 'birther' debate is important. What's important about it is the feeling a growing number of Americans have in their bones that Obama is foreign")

#3 D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  4. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    American Thinker = some of the funniest stuff on the internet.

5. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

I've always admired Ed Begley, Jr. He's an environmentalist (since th 1970's) who practices what he preaches. He went to high school in Sherman Oaks, California, and he still lives close by. His house is largely fueled by solar panels. I've seen it. There is a wind turbine. He has an "electricity generating bicycle" used to toast bread. He's a vegan. He recycles everything recyclable. He rides bikes and uses public transport (when he has to, he drives an electric powered vehicle made by Toyota). He pays approximately $300 a year in electric bills.

So, he walks the walk.

Here's Begley, Jr. debating climate change on Fox News with the host who was filling in for Bill O'Reilly:

Ed Begley Jr. Flips Out On Fox: Climate Change Is Real (VIDEO)

6. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I always say>"Consider the Source"..........The "article" cited is an OPINION piece, not a news article.

7. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Yeah, I saw the Begley interview and he totally rocked that commentator with facts. On top of that, he said that the climate change debate should be respectfully left to peer-reviewed journals written by people with a Ph.D. tacked onto the end of their names. In the meantime, he's an actor turned environmentalist who is living proof of a real commitment to sustainable living.

8. Big Al

Gold Member

I've never considered myself an alarmist or a "conspiracy theorist" but something of this level of importance shouldn't be ignored. Unfortunately, there's a lot of scary stuff in the posts below, and I highly suggest researching this matter in more detail. Most people don't dig deep enough for the truth, and that's usually what those in positions of power bank on.

I posted this over on the PEGym but I think it would work well here too. Before you reply, I ask that you please take the time out to read the piece and its links in full. I'm not looking to start vicious arguments with this post or to polarize people on a debate about political parties, I'm posting it as someone that's concerned for the true well-being of the people of this planet-

I think the ENORMOUS issue here is that these scientists were the ones informing the IPCC- the climate change panel of the UN.

As some of you may know, there's a UN treaty (Copenhagen) in the works for dealing with the issue of "climate change". What most people don't know is that this treaty has very serious implications for the US and other countries abroad. This treaty, based on the supposed findings of these scientists demands that developed nations like the US donate billions of dollars of taxpayer funds to be "transferred" to 3rd world nations to repay a climate debt, while simultaneously hamstringing our own industries to comply with new green technologies.

If that doesn't concern you, the REAL issue at hand regards the part of the initial treaty draft that discusses the formation of an "International Government". If the US allows this treaty to take effect, some legal experts believe that it would subsume our Constitution. An alarming bit of information is that signing this treaty may not even require a ratification through the Senate if our President signs it as an "Executive Agreement". All of this under the premise of trying to fix the planet using scientific data that's been corrupted by highly paid scientists colluding, covering up/destroying evidence, and doing peer reviews exclusively amongst themselves while blocking research from scientists contrary to their agenda. You can search the database of these emails yourself at: Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable .

Read the draft of the treaty here (pay special attention to Page 122, Item 17): http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpre...hagen-2009.pdf

Here are a few of the emails that really stood out:

Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable (WOW)

Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable (Check out the website listed in this email)

Alleged CRU Emails - Searchable

Here are a few more articles relating to this very interesting development:

Climate Depot (regularly updated articles)

CRU director admits hacked files genuine

IPCC Researchers Admit Global Warming Fraud

Key GOP Senator Pushes for Probe Into Climate Change Research

A chilling video by Lord Monckton, former advider to Margaret Thatcher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMe5dOgbu40

Climate 'debt' comes due

The new European Union's goals: http://www.clubofrome.at/news/sup200...usselsnews.pdf

Some of the goals of the UN (older article DIRECT from Europa.eu):

EUROPA - Press Releases - ADDRESS BY PRESIDENT JACQUES DELORS TO THE ROYAL INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS - LONDON, 7 SEPTEMBER 1992 : THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY AND THE NEW WORLD ORDER

Unfortunately the mainstream media is not giving this the coverage it deserves. If you're interested in trying to do something about all of this, my suggestion would be for you to contact your state representatives. The same applies for those of you outside of the US as this is a global issue. Express your thoughts to them on this matter and ask them what they're willing to do about this.

Only by speaking up about this will we be able to effect any control over what happens to us as a result of this.

#8 Big Al, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  9. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    We could switch to a grid that doesn't run off any fossil fuels right now. Right. Fucking. Now. I kid you not. And we'd make money creating an economy of green energy and products.
    I challenge any climate change skeptic to watch this video and still deny that the change is real.
    James Balog: Time-lapse proof of extreme ice loss | Video on TED.com

And of course the scientists were advising, Big Al, they're the ones who know wtf is going on.

10. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Big Al-

I know it doesn't get very cold in Central Florida where you're from, but this will come in handy if and when you need a hat.

Your links reek of alarmist, reactionary fear mongering, so no wonder you've gone so far off the deep end. Part of me feels badly for you, but most of me feels worse for anyone who has to put up with what are assuredly your random outbursts of paranoid, conspiracy-driven craziness.

I think that the fact that your signature links to a penis enlargement site only proves how untethered to reality you really are. I hope you can find appropriate professional medical care while there's still any hope at all of improvement.

11. B_Mister Buildington

Seems pretty unscientific of these scientists to be misrepresenting data and trying to prevent debate.

This makes it sound like global warming is more politics than science.

12. Big Al

Gold Member

First, let me state that I respect your opinions on this matter. My intention in posting this is not to create controversy or to inspire ad hominem attacks- I've posted information that, from it's appearance, is pretty damning evidence. All I'm asking is that you please read as many of those emails as you can and the treaty too so that you can make a decision for yourself.

You can make the choice that some people are making on not reading the files and the other details, but if you don't read the actual data you'll never know the truth. The global magnitude of this climate deal demands that all of the facts be presented in a transparent, ethical manner- and it's clear from those emails that it hasn't.

There are enough professionals on the subject that disagree with the science being used to create this globally binding treaty that it should be given serious consideration: http://www.petitionproject.org/

As to my signature- yes, I believe that penis enlargement works and so do many other men that are doing it for themselves. There's plenty of free penis enlargement information here backed up not only by legitimate research but by men doing it for themselves and seeing results.

#12 Big Al, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  13. Big Al

Gold Member

14. captain garbonzo

captain garbonzo New Member

According to scientists in a national Geographic article years ago, the consensus among the majority of them was that global warming was coming, regardless of what we did, short of stopping ALL emissions globally. I wonder what ever happend to that?

Now we have every fucking tool from Al Gore to Pamela Anderson telling us that we must prevent global warming, all while ignoring key elements of our impact on the planet. I can see why many people are skeptical. That doesn't change the facts that we do have an impact on the planet and that's not going to change. What's the world population going to be in 30 years? What, are we all going to fucking tip toe through the tulips? "OMG, I can't go to work today or get groceries.....I used up all my carbon footprint allotment for the week already". Hilarious.

Meanwhile, we have absolute corrupt governments like China who pledge to lower their carbon prints in the next 20 years. Do any of you really believe them? Yes, and I am the Queen of England.

#14 captain garbonzo, Nov 26, 2009
  15. Big Al

Gold Member

16. Big Al

Gold Member

17. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm of the opinion that climate change is really one of the worst things for environmentalism possible.

We're destroying our planet. And the environmentalist community has chosen a contentious, largely bullshit and undeniably exaggerated and alarmist topic to try and bring change in that regard. How about simply "we're fucking up the only planet we have with pollutants and artificial hormones and chemicals etc etc" rather than "well...here's something that's been going on forever but we think that we might be making worse and we fudge data to try and make seem like more of an issue"?

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Climategate... really, now? :rolleyes:
    Does this mean we can expect you to turn up your exhaust pipes to max in protest? Jeez... even if you don't believe in climate change, is it that wrong to suggest that we do things to better our environment? Right now, it seems as if people are just looking for a reason to bitch about why they can't dump their trash wherever they feel like it. :rolleyes:

19. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    I think that's part of the opposition, however some is based in the measures being taken to fix things. Cap and trade is something that irks me, or "carbon credits", which are much like what the Catholic church did (the word used escapes me, it's driving me nuts) to absolve you of your sins.

It's also aggravating when someone like Al Gore profits off of "raising awareness" and is doing more to harm the environment than probably most people here combined. On top of that many people are running a virtual racket selling the aforementioned carbon credits, like Al Gore buys from a company he owns which he claims makes up for the harm he does.

I'm all for renewable energy, better MPG on cars, less waste and everything. However paying other countries to not pollute, and not making them adhere to the same standards as the industrialized world just confuses me. We're all in this together, are we not? So how can things like the Kyoto treaty leave nations with massive populations like India and even China out, and penalize the rest? Many of these propositions force the burden onto the taxpayer too, not to mention the proposed limits on the US GDP things like Cap and Trade could bring about.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Oh, please... so he uses a private jet and has a big house.
    To assume that Gore's actions alone is anywhere comparable to the majority of corporations who intentionally dump their hazardous wastes into our oceans, skies and landfills... comparable to people who have no regard to saving energy by having every light on in the house with most electronic devices plugged up and in operation even if nobody is in the room... comparable to the millions of people who drive cars with horrible gas mileage everyday to places they could take public transportation to... then you've been duped just as much as the rest of the non-believers.

There isn't a single person out here, including Gore, that isn't responsible for the decline of our environment. We ALL contribute to some degree... but if we sit here and look at ourselves in an attempt to deter some of the blame we could always find someone else to compare our actions to just to look holier than thou. When you get right down to it, we're all human... and there aren't enough flags you can wave to change that fact.

Perhaps it's because the United States, as a country, produces more pollution than any other country out there? You really want other countries to adhering to our pollution standards, the country that is responsible for 1/4th of the world's carbon dioxide emissions? Hell, I'll chant "USA! USA!" like everyone else when it's appropriate, but even I know we could use some more work in pertains to the environment.

Even if countries like China and continents like Australia have recently overtaken us in particular areas, we have been at or near the top spot longer than any other country. No sense in looking at number one and wagging our fingers if we're number two. Second place only doesn't matter in sporting events and beauty pageants. The World’s Biggest Polluters | The New Ecologist

Even if India produces as much as a country like the UK, consider that the population of India is 15 times greater. Which basically means, even though they have more people they're doing less harm in causing air pollution. Now if they could only take care of their water problem, then maybe we could let them completely off the hook. But I digress, of course... Top 10 Most Polluted Countries - Crunkish

Then again, I'm sure most dissenters would say I'm just repeating Gore talking points, and since he didn't abandon every modern day appliance and go the way of the granola that he's a hypocrite. So be it. At the end of the day, everything we can do to improve our environment and prevent things like climate change are suggestions. Some we can do with no effort, others we will not because we may find it to be unnecessary. For instance, I'm not going to stop eating meat anytime soon. Does this mean I'm a bad person who doesn't believe in climate change or things that can help benefit our environment for not adhering to every single suggestion made, never mind converting to a completely vegetarian lifestyle? Of course not. With that said, I wouldn't be looking for every conspiracy theory out there to discredit decades upon decades of scientific research. I'm no physicist, weatherman or scientist. Sounds like many dissenters are just lazy and don't want to do a damn thing to better themselves or their surroundings. That's fine and dandy, but what's the alternative? Be a wasteful slob? No thanks. :rolleyes:

#20 B_VinylBoy, Nov 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.