Crushes on co-workers

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by avalonlovelove, Aug 6, 2007.

1. avalonlovelove

avalonlovelove New Member

I am getting a job very soon and I wanted to ask this.What do you do if you develop an attraction to a co-worker?How do you handle it and ignore it?Has anyone else had similar experiences?:confused: :redface:

2. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Even a dog doesn't shit where it sleeps.

That's my opinion anyway. :p

3. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    A wise one it probably is, alas I have failed to follow that advice on many occasions.

There was a hot guy who I worked with at the airport. We flirted, mostly innocently, but I definitely would have followed through if he hadn't had a boyfriend. He was aware of my attraction, I have to say I wasn't overly subtle about it, and while he was flattered and a little attracted back, he wouldn't cheat on his boyfriend. I respected that and didn't bother him, and we remained friends.

At my old magazine office, a new receptionist boy started who was perfectly my type. He took my breath away when I was first introduced. Again, he was flirty, and a bit of a slut. He slept with two other guys in the office, and I was a bit offended. Why them and not me? On an office trip away, he got abominably drunk and ended up coming to my and my boyfriend's room. We both fucked him. Things weren't especially awkward afterwards, because he knew he was a slut. Yes, it doesn't make me look especially good - he only slept with me when he was drunk enough. Still, I got to do him. Again, we managed to get a nice friendship out of it, now that the attraction was out of my system. Ironically, he rose through the ranks and was my boss for a brief while. I resigned, not because I couldn't handle him as a boss but because I had been repeatedly passed over by the big boss, who was a fat twat with the managerial skills of a teacup.

Both of these happened in a very gay-friendly, if not entirely gay environment. So it was no big deal. If it were to happen in an environment not so gay-friendly, it might not be so easy to handle.

4. invisibleman

Gold Member

Dating people outside of your work and field is ALWAYS better. Trust me on that. You can concentrate on work.

And your co-workers and boss will not know your business...when the relationship fails.

5. drumstyck

drumstyck New Member

"don't fish off the company pier"

"don't dip your pen in the company ink"

that being said, im a huge hypocrite because i just started seeing a girl i work with...im justifying it in my head because of the nature of the job...we dont work together that often, we dont see eachother at the office every day, etc...so its more like we just met thru work, but are so far able to maintain an independent life

my boss is around my age, as are all the other people in the department, so im currently getting lots of questions, but nothing is mean-spirited or anything...they're all just busting on me cuz i used to constantly spout the "company pier" line...i also have the reputation as a flirt, and a guy who checks out every girl that walks by...so i think more of them are just surprised i actually have "settled" on one girl.

6. 2big

2big New Member

i have to say that recently i've found myself attracted to a co-worker. he is straight, and being gay, this clearly presents some problems. he is my type, and he turns me on when we interact. this is a problem, and has been very obvious for the short time he has worked for our company.
    one time, against my will he come up to me and started talking with me. he was very close, and (unknowingly) erotic, and i started to get hard. i sat down as fast as possible, but even that wasn't much of a disguise as we was rubbing himself against me. he claims to be straight, but clearly knows how to work me. there aren't many who know about me, so i think that he is either straight and very curious about my cock...or he is gay and trying to arouse me at a very uncomfortable time.
    regardless, i got out of the situation, and am curious to see what happens. honestly, though, i think he is straight and playing me. i think he is curious about me and wants to see me aroused. unfortunately, i am attracted to him and find myself wanting to allow his interactions.

7. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

Well I have been playing cat and mouse with a straight co-worker. He's great because he will joke back with me or say something

I gave him some almonds one time and later I called him for something and he said " I liked your salty nuts"

Things like that drive me crazy, but we work in two different departments and I see him like once or twice a week, but its fun. We started the same time and were in the same orientation.

The only thing is if I am to offensive, I can tell he kind of steps back, so I am still trying to find how flirty I can be without ending up in Human Resources.

Oh and I dated a co-worker of mind and it was the worst experience in my life.

8. q'thulu

q'thulu New Member

The only thing worse than dating a coworker is fucking your roommate... BAD IDEA.

Ultimately it depends on how much you value your job. If it's a disposable one then go right ahead, but if you really want to stay working there you have to assess the risks of inter-company lovin'- of which there are many.

Draft saved Draft deleted