Crying Babies & Air Travel

Hockeyfan

1st Like
Media
Rant! I flew to Europe last week on business and had the most unpleasant flight back. A 8+ hour flight suurounded by about 8 toddlers/infants. From start to finish babies were screaming, howling, and wailing non stop. To make matters worse parents were too lazy to change diapers in the washrooms and there were dirty diapers being changed in the aisle, on the seats. A lot of parents just rolled up the diapers and tossed them under the seats...absolutely disgusting! The smell was vile. I had the Bose QC-3 headset on the entire flight and ignored the 'turn off all electronics' request on takeoff and landing. I don't understand what's so f'ing urgent about flying when you have young children. Do parents actually use the diapers changing tables in the lavs? Anyone else experienced this lately?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not lately but I have experienced it, not the nappies thing, that's a health hazard surely? I've generally found the worst seats for babies are near the bulkheads and centre galleys.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hocky Fan,

I may sound like a baby hater myself. I can not tell the times I have had a child nearly break my backbone kicking the back of my seat or throwing their toys in my face etc . Where are their parents? Sitting there doing NOTHING!!!!! I had to endure three hours of whining, screaming, kicking and throwing until I finally turned around and had to ask the parent if she could attempt to restrain her child. What did she say,"Johnny, stop kicking the ladies seat. She doesnt like it" I dont like it? WHo the heck does like having their back and neck misaligned by an undisciplined child whose parent is too wimpy to take control of the situation. I know my mother would have helped me out if I had behaved in such a fashion. I do not mean in a good way! :mad:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wish the flight crews would step up and take control over the space. A child's/baby's ears in pain I understand. A child pent up and frustrated I understand. What kills me is a parent that will put all the children in one asile and then sit elsewhere. That should not even be allowed. Each child must be sitting by the adult that is with them...that would help. I have spoken to parents before on a plane about kicking. I don't even ask them to stop... I ask them to switch seats with the child.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And don't you love the cruel but funny Paul Lynn story of telling the mother of the screaming child, "If you don't stop that child from screaming I'm going to fuck her."

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
don't hate the kids

hate the inept and selfish parents

some of us try very hard to teach our kids consideration for others

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dolfette,

Please do not get me wrong. My heart goes out to parents. They need medals. I know it is not an easy job and an airplane is not an ideal situation, There just has to be a way things can be made better for everyone involved. I am sure no parent really wants their child to misbehave but when it happens what does one do?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dolfette,

Please do not get me wrong. My heart goes out to parents. They need medals. I know it is not an easy job and an airplane is not an ideal situation, There just has to be a way things can be made better for everyone involved. I am sure no parent really wants their child to misbehave but when it happens what does one do?

i've got two.

really, it's not THAT hard to control & contain them. it's not hard to find somewhere quiet to change them and to wrap the diapers.

i get as pissed off as anyone at the inept morons who just let their kids run riot. but you can't blame the kids. they're victims.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hockey,

i feel your pain. can't imagine what a flight that long would be like. the parents and kids should have been ditched en route.

my worst experience was on a flight from miami to washington. 2 year old screamed and wailed the entire flight. 2 rows behind me and my boss. i remarked to him at one point in a loud voice "why can't people like that take the fucking bus".

i know it's tough to raise small children and stuff like this happens. but it sure is annoying for the rest of us. and in your case, it sounds like the parents were royal assholes.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
Some parents are complete douche bags, and have no control of the kids.
I went to go see a horror flick in the theater at like an 11pm showing, and people brought a 3 year old to the god damned movie.
about 10 minutes in the kid started crying, and didn't stop till everyone in the theater started yelling at the idiot parents, and thew popcorn out them until they left.
morons.

some parents just don't get it.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some parents are complete douche bags, and have no control of the kids.
I went to go see a horror flick in the theater at like an 11pm showing, and people brought a 3 year old to the god damned movie.
about 10 minutes in the kid started crying, and didn't stop till everyone in the theater started yelling at the idiot parents, and thew popcorn out them until they left.
morons.

some parents just don't get it.
i'm shocked that they were allowed in with it.

i hate seeing kids dragged to bars the most...surrounded by drunks because their selfish arse parents can't stay home or get a sitter.

if your freedom is that important, don't have kids!!

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
brings back memories of a family trip to Hawaii..My nephew was barely 2yo and my bro had mentioned that they gave him tranqs to help him sleep..well..the tranqs were very very slow because this kid was Bawlin big time!!..I remember carrying him up and down the isle, trying to get him quiet, shoutin out to my bro,,"hey man, how long before the meds kick in!?"..my sister-in-law about died..everyone else thought it was pretty funny tho..

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
They get it, they just don't care. I was on a flight years ago from Atlanta to Dallas. A child too young to help balance the pressure in it's ears started screaming. I have ear problems, and wear earplugs to balance the pressure. The poor child had to be in agony, and the mother didn't move to try and help the child. Finally, a man by me started screaming, "Yell Louder!"
If it is not an emergency, be kind to your child and don't fly until they are old enough for the journey. A month or so ago, a mother and child were ejected from an airline. I bet the other passengers wanted to applaud.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately for many parents there is no reprieve and they have to take their young children with them if they are to have any life at all. That being said, often their children's behavior may lessen the quality of life for all around them.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a mom, and I never let my kids misbehave on airplanes (or in restaurants!)

Parents are to blame, but so are airlines...

A) No place to change a baby. (There's NO surface in the toilet "chamber" where you can lay a baby down.)

B) No place where you can easily put a soiled diaper. (Flush it down the toilet? Not! And just try shoving it down that slot that tries to slice off your fingers when you put trash in it.)

C) Man can fly to the moon, but he hasn't yet invented a device that can help regulate the pressure in a baby/toddler's ears. (I remember what it was like when I was very, very little... AGONY!)

D) I think SOME airplanes/flights should be equipped with "family areas". Likewise, some long flights ought to be designated as "child free" (of kids under a certain age).

In short, airlines are not family-friendly. And that makes them unfriendly for everyone.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
C) Man can fly to the moon, but he hasn't yet invented a device that can help regulate the pressure in a baby/toddler's ears. (I remember what it was like when I was very, very little... AGONY!)
sucking & frequent swallowing usually does the trick.
a breast/bottle/pacifier/hard candy at take off & landing help a ton.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...I have ear problems, and wear earplugs to balance the pressure...

Hootie, take care with ear plugs and cabin pressure changes...it's somwhat akin to diving with a cold and risks cause serious, even irreperable damage. :eek:

Sorry, I sound like an old woman but I speak from painful, luckily non permanent experience. :smile: