"Cuddle Parties"

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_hungrick, Oct 18, 2005.

1. B_hungrick

B_hungrick New Member

For the last couple of years I've seen ads for "Cuddle Parties" in various publications (Craigslist). They're like orgies but with no sexual activity. :+
    Men and women, who are strangers to each other, pay facilitators to create a safe atmosphere for them to cuddle and snuggle together in clumps. Everyone wears pajamas. There's a long list of dos & don'ts. The purpose of these parties, I presume, is to foster some sort of intimacy. While I understand that we live in an alienated society, I think that charging for this kind of thing is scarey. To me it's like renting yourself a grandmother for the weekend. Maybe it's just my confusion about our crazy world. :freak:

What you think?

2. GoneA

Gold Member

'Cuddle Partiers' are the new hippies. I can only imagine the inbreeding that going to transpire here.

Can you imagine all the conversations your going to overhear:

Sue:Yeah, I was feelin' pretty down this weekend.
    Mary: Oh yeah!
    Sue: No worries, I totally went to a Cuddle Party.
    Mary: Oh I love those...
    Sue: Bummer you, like, can't have sex, though.
    Mary: Yeah I know...

3. B_hungrick

B_hungrick New Member

GoneA, the only thing is that my parents were hippie types & I don't think they ever had to pay to fuck anybody at their orgies!

4. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

Alienated, yes or no - but who the hell needs this? Why can't people just find someone to "cuddle" in a usual way, instead of exchanging institutionalized tenderness? I can't get an image of, for example, me or my lady attending one of those.

Bruce

5. dlcs

dlcs New Member

Some people find it easier to pay for affection than to seek it out. Sad but true. They're so far removed from their bodies and their emotions that they have no idea what unaffected human tenderness is really like.

6. GoneA

Gold Member

GoneA, the only thing is that my parents were hippie types & I don't think they ever had to pay to fuck anybody at their orgies!
    [post=352782]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah, because your parents were NORMAL. This cuddle party business, not to so much.

7. B_HungSpermBoy

B_HungSpermBoy New Member

Ok, I'm thinking some people must be so lonely that any kind of human contact is good. This makes me feel sad though. But I guess maybe it's like that oldies country song, "Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places."

Draft saved Draft deleted