Cultural Differences

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Chocolatestix, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Chocolatestix

Chocolatestix Member

Albums:
    This is my first time out of the country and I have been to England and now I'm currently in France and I've noticed that all the countries, US, France, and England, have a different concept of what I restroom should look like. In the US it would seem we do not like others to watch us, or at least think they are watching us, when we are at the urinal. The sides of the urinal jut out sometimes there is a divider between urinals. In England the urinals are lower than in the US and there is no privacy. The lack of privacy reminds me of the bathroom at Wrigley Field. And in France the bathroom is like in a close where you can have complete privacy. When I was in England, it was a bit uncomfortable pissing in such a manner partly because I was not use to actually seeing the guy's penis that was pissing next to me. I mean in the US it is possible to see the guys penis next to you but it would be so obvious if someone was looking because of all the barriers to prevent looking. But in England even if you just look down while you piss you can still see on the side. Anyone else feel the same when they travel from the US to other countries, especially countries like England?

2. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Traveling can be fun!

I remember being in a sleazy bar in Paris, and going to the restroom. There was a big long knee-high trough to one side, stainless steel...very techno. I inzipped and peed in it. Just then my ex entered and with a horribly confused look on his face, asked me why I pissed in the sink. I had not seen the floor embedded trough ont he other side of the restroom.

If it hadnt been a sleazy bar, I would have been more embarassed...

If you really want fun, go down to Greece where the guys piss on the side of the road.

3. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Some of my friends have been to Europe, and I've heard all kinds of stories about public bathrooms - and the lack of them. The thing that I trip on the most is the portable street urinals in Amsterdam and the UK. Another friend told me that some of the bars and cafes in Paris have one bathroom for everybody, complete with a urinal. I would say Europeans are more relaxed about the bathroom than Americans, and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

4. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

many years ago I was on a tour of Europe. we left Paris by bus and eventually it made a rest stop. the men were shocked to find a woman in the rest room collecting a fee for using it... and you had to tell her #1 or #2. there was another woman cleaning the sinks and "facilities".

when we got back to the bus, everybody asked "why didn't you warn us..."

"it's more fun letting you find out for yourselves!"

I've wondered if it's still the same?

5. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Some people just aren't comfortable knowing somebody's watching them piss, that's understandable. Sometimes men (and women) treat other people as if we're sex objects here put for their own enjoyment. Many threads on this site discuss sexual activity where consent is NOT given but the person does what they want anyway to someone who's sleep or unaware of whats happening to them or who's watching them. I don't think other people's genetilia are "fair game" in the sense that you should be given free reign to see whoever's junk you want. Me personally, I do so much for other people outside my relationship that I feel privacy and intimacy is one of my gifts to my partner, and it makes me feel special that no one else on the planet gets to enjoy his privates but me (even if its just looking at them).

#5 marleyisalegend, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted