• No

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you could take a pill and become bisexual or gay, would you? Why or why not?

It seems like being at least bisexual would give you the most opportunity for pleasure and the only downside is the social stigma. But you could still choose to only be with who you want to and be as secret as you want. So there's really no downside to being cured.

VanillaTwist

1st Like
Media
If anyone says "Yes" or "Maybe" they're already "cured" without taking the pill. The fact that they'd want to do that makes them bicurious. The real cure is for society to accept sexuality as one entity instead of marking it as gay, bisexual, and straight. Two men having sex wouldn't be gay sex, it'd just be sex, and so on. With the lax attitude towards sex people wouldn't be afraid to do it with anyone they wanted and so secrecy wouldn't be necessary.

So I vote for option E: Tear down the walls!

Nah - i'm a bit lazy so prefer sticking with the status quo. :)
I'm vaguely bi-curious anyway, so probably don't need to adjust all that much.

Also strikes me that being heterosexual is easier (in terms of society, etc).
I tend to think ppl usually go for what's easiest or feels most natural - which is partly why i don't believe that being gay is just a 'lifestyle choice'. No-one deliberately chooses something which is likely to prove a lot more difficult for them, unless they have a really good reason to, or have no choice.

(sorry to stray off-topic slightly :redface:)

Last edited by a moderator:

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Nah - i'm a bit lazy so prefer sticking with the status quo. :)
I'm vaguely bi-curious anyway, so probably don't need to adjust all that much.

Also strikes me that being heterosexual is easier (in terms of society, etc).
I tend to think ppl usually go for what's easiest or feels most natural - which is partly why i don't believe that being gay is just a 'lifestyle choice'. No-one deliberately chooses something which is likely to prove a lot more difficult for them, unless they have a really good reason to, or have no choice.

(sorry to stray off-topic slightly :redface:)
I'd say 30% is bi. Nothing wrong with that.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you could take a pill and become bisexual or gay, would you? Why or why not?
It seems like being at least bisexual would give you the most opportunity for pleasure and the only downside is the social stigma. But you could still choose to only be with who you want to and be as secret as you want. So there's really no downside to being cured.
I think you may have strongly underestimated the strength or potency of social stigma. When a person is bisexual they don't always double their dating pleasure. IMO that's a myth invented by straight guys who weren't getting any sex. :rolleyes: Bisexual men are often shunned by straights and gays alike.

It seems that bi-girls are sometimes more desired by straight men because of the whole girl on girl thing. I would imagine that some lesbians also have no interest in a woman that may one day switch back.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Get real. I've never heard of a straight guy wishing he was gay.

Bi? Maybe. But giving up his heterosexuality entirely? No way. Heterosexual privilege is real and will probably always exist.

I certainly accept that I'm gay, but I think it would have been so much cooler and less stressful to grow up with the feeling that my sexual desires were completely normal. Although things are changing, society is set up for heterosexuality.

I enjoy being different and even rebellious in some ways, but when you're gay, it's like you're swimming against the tide, and you don't have a choice about it.

This is actually one of my favorite topics to discuss, so feel free to respond to my comments or contact me privately if you want to talk about it more. I've fascinated by the fact that a minority of us are born with "gay brains", and I love that there really are documented strengths and weaknesses that go along with it. We're not all alike, contrary to the ideas that some people like to promote.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most people said "No" so far. I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time. I can understand that people in general resist change and I can see how switching from straight to bi or gay would introduce unwanted prejudices. I guess as njqt466 pointed out, the social stigma is what would hold most people back.

But I was thinking about it this way. If I could take a pill that would make me enjoy broccoli or other vegetables that I don't like, then I would want that pill since I would eat healthier. Or like in the movie Shallow Hal, if I could learn to love women that I'm currently not attracted to, maybe I'd be better off because I'd look past appearance. So maybe being attracted to both men and women would open the possibilities for not only more physical pleasure, but more mental and emotional intimacy. But I guess in reality you would lose opportunities because some people wouldn't want to be with you.

And thanks for your comments MisterMark. I always enjoy your posts, comments and opinions. :biggrin1: