Curious about cup size

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_Andy_Conda, Feb 16, 2011.

1. D_Andy_Conda

D_Andy_Conda Account Disabled

Well, I'm not even sure that I can explain my question clearly but after looking at a lot of the beautiful breasts on the site, the question really cropped up on me and I find that no one that I've asked IRL can really give me an answer.

I'm curious as to how some breasts can appear so much larger than others, even though they measure the same cup size.

I understand that band size plays a big part but with regards to the cup, the same volume is still required to fill it.

Is it the frame? The build? The waist?

Can anyone lend a thought or two? :smile:

2. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Excllent question. I too have wondered this as well. As you stated it would take the same amount to fill the cup so why the difference in the apparent size. I wonder if it has something to do with the frame of the woman being measured. If she is wider or maybe has more girth to her torso will the tape measure be affected by that? I'll sit back and see what answers roll in.

3. Incocknito

Gold Member

It's body size. Same as with penises on men.

Men with smaller frames appear to have bigger penises (where penises are the same size) then men with larger frames.

And so it is the same on women. Also some women's breasts tend to get squished more/be more squisy. Other women have more solid breasts that stick out more.

4. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A 30D is completely different to a 38D... it's all about the ratio/proportion between the underbust measurement (so measuring tape below the breasts) and the breast measurement (measuring tape over the breasts). See here Bra Size Guide - How to measure bra size. Guide to finding a great fitting bra

I have C bras, D's, DD's and an E... they all fit. This is down to different bust sizes and different brands.

There is a huge variation in bra's as well as breast shape.

File:Cup size comparison.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

5. ArtofDesire

ArtofDesire New Member

You are absolutely right FeroxFemina, for instance I wear a G cup or larger bra depending on the style, but my breasts while quite large look very proportionate to my overall size (5'8" tall, large boned BBW). But if the same cup size was on an average sized woman say 5'5" tall with smaller bone structure and average weight, her breasts would look larger due to her cup size being overly large in proportion to the rest of her body.

6. D_Chesty_Pecjiggle

D_Chesty_Pecjiggle Account Disabled

I also think it's because a lot of women, I'd say especially young women, don't wear an appropriately sized bra.

7. mitc3117

mitc3117 Active Member

Albums:
    Was dating a girl who wore 38C but complained about not fitting quite right all the time. We took her in and got her checked and the attendant informed her that she was between 36D and 34DD.

What a pleasant surprise!

8. ArtofDesire

ArtofDesire New Member

Good point Jeff, I read that 80% of women wear the wrong size bra - I was one of them.

9. D_Andy_Conda

Well I guess I'm more curious about the look, outside of wearing the bra.

I'm well aware that
    most women nowadays are wearing the incorrect bra size but that aside, I find it curious how a woman
    who has a smaller cup size than myself, for example, has breasts FAR lager than my own based
    solely on appearance. Seems odd to me.

The proportion between underbust and breast does seem to be make a lot of sense
    but how does it effect the aesthetic. Bigger ratio, bigger breasts or vice versa?

I know that as you go down in band size, you should go up in cup size but all that denotes to me, is that the ratio determines the cup size, not the actual breast.

Does that mean, women with big cup sizes can have small breasts?

But that can't be right either, because there's no way my wab fits into a D or DD cup :confused:

10. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

This is interesting information. I know that most of my wife's bras are size 38 B although I doubt that her chest circumference is more than 36" at the most, and I think just about any man would guess her cup size to be at least a full C.

So how do you women decide whether to go for say a 36 C or a 38 B apart from trying them on?

11. ArtofDesire

ArtofDesire New Member

to: redbear52, the best thing your wife can do is to get measured and professionally fitted in a bra department at a store. Many department stores have fit clinics, or have specially trained staff on hand. At the beginning of the thread FeroxFemina provided a link that explains how to measure for a bra. One thing I'd like to mention is as a cross check for the band measurement, measure your wife around the top of her breasts under her arms keeping the tape measure level across the back. This should equal the band measurement - if it differs I'd use this last measurement.

If she wears an underwire bra, the underwire should rest on her breast bone between her breasts and not away from her body. The back band should be level, and not ride up. Also you should not be able to insert more than 2 fingers under the bottom band, if you can then she is wearing too large of a band size. Her breasts should fill the cups but not be pushed together, there should be separation. As to how to measure to determine proper cup size, measure across the fullest part of the breast at the apex (while wearing a good fitting bra), then subract the underbust (or top of breast measurement) from the measurement across the fullest part of the chest, the number of inches difference represents the cup size; each 1" increment represents an increase in cup size, so a difference of 2" = B cup, 3" = C cup and so on.

to: NubileDream, women's breasts are shaped differently, even in the same cup size one woman may have more fullness at the top of her breasts or more at the bottom. Women with natural breasts look entirely different than those that have breast implants but may be the same cup size. We're all different dear. Hope this helps.

#11 ArtofDesire, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  12. ArtofDesire

ArtofDesire New Member

to: NubileDream, it occurred to me that what you've been seeing and questioning about cup size is probably women who have breast implants. Because all the cup size is concentrated in the implant those women will look much fuller/larger than those of us with natural breasts. With natural breasts the tissue is spread across a larger area therefore look less full than the same cup size implanted breast.

13. D_Andy_Conda

Well I hope not, since I've seen a rather full look on two of my friends who claim to be natural. :eek: Lol!

Perhaps but actually I think the tissue distribution thing does make them seem bigger. For example looking at your pics, yours seem far larger and fuller (not sure if they are or aren't but they definitely look like it) because your breasts sculpt well from the top.

I guess the maths just doesn't add up for me. I probably see it as:

A litre of water is a litre of water, whether it's poured into a balloon or a basketball. How can the aesthetic be SO different to the measured value. I think I just need to stop thinking about it as much. Hahaha

14. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    Or there are not appropriately sized bras. I have been measured and tried all different brands of bras it is a real hassle finding bras that are comfortable. My sister recently told me about a place that makes custom bras which at some point I want to check out.

15. 6inchcock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Look north and turn left, real sudden like
    Verified:
    Photo
    Tits- They are really great things to behold. I love them dearly, but I am at a loss for the science behind them. I am not aware of how they actually exist or appear, but their powerful magic frightens me. I spend much time in deep thought and observation of them. No idea how that cup thing works either.

16. D_Andy_Conda

Lol, you make them sound epic

17. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's not just the body size, it's also the way the lighting hits them, the angle of the camera, the lens, how full her breasts are on top, the over all amount of sag, what she's wearing, etc. Pay close attention to the bra. Does it press flat against her chest between her breasts? If not wrong size for sure.

18. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

I'm a small boned lass but carry quite a large muscle mass and so my size G breasts look huge. (who am I kidding they are huge). Added to that I have broad shoulders and very well developed lats and delts which doesn't help. I guess I'm saved from looking disproportionate because my hips, gluts and quads more than balance out the whole picture.

19. D_Barney_Ballstomper

D_Barney_Ballstomper Account Disabled

good question. always wondered myself as a guy

20. moon_beam

moon_beam New Member

(gasp) But of course, they are!

:wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted