Curious about cup size

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm small boned, but shop in an affiliate lingerie shop for lane bryant called Cacique. I have had professional fittings by multiple places that put me from 34DD to 36DD. Anyone with a larger breast size I highly recommend checking them out. Now go figure that my pant size ranges from a 6 petite to an 8 petite. I haven't found any place with a better selection of truly beautiful and well fitting bras than they have.

As to my breast shape, I have high nipples and am very rounded underneath so I find bra shopping to be awful for the most part! I love comfort, so when I find a bra that suits me I tend to buy multiple colors of the same style and only when they wear out will I go looking for more! Frederick's online has been a good source too, but nothing like www.cacique.com Hope this helps!

Last edited:

D_Andy_Conda

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that finding the correct bra size is absolutely one of the most important things a woman
can do for herself. When I did years back, it almost immediately stopped the discomfort, back pain
and embarrassment of wearing the wrong size and not fitting into bras and tops correctly.

That said my original post is asking the question:
why do breasts appear to be different sizes, even though it could be that the women are the same cup size?

Thanks to all the lovely ladies who have been willing to volunteer info on bra shopping, but in this
thread, it is slightly off topic.

I'm small boned, but shop in an affiliate lingerie shop for lane bryant called Cacique. I have had professional fittings by multiple places that put me from 34DD to 36DD. Anyone with a larger breast size I highly recommend checking them out. Now go figure that my pant size ranges from a 6 petite to an 8 petite. I haven't found any place with a better selection of truly beautiful and well fitting bras than they have.

As to my breast shape, I have high nipples and am very rounded underneath so I find bra shopping to be awful for the most part! I love comfort, so when I find a bra that suits me I tend to buy multiple colors of the same style and only when they wear out will I go looking for more! Frederick's online has been a good source too, but nothing like www.cacique.com Hope this helps!

D_Andy_Conda

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Plus Size Bras Website

http://www.plussizebras.info/measure.html said:
Note that the smaller band size bra must be 2 cup sizes larger to maintain the same cup volume. Cups are proportioned to the chestband and accordingly decrease in "diameter" at the chest wall with band size. For example a 34F bra's cups have less volume than a 36F bra because the cups are smaller "diameter". However, bras TruSiz™ 34H and 36F have equivalent cup volume.

Does that mean that not every F is really an F and one is presumably larger than the other depending on band size? Wow, so confusing :confused:

D_Winthrop Woodcock

Account Disabled
Media
I guess the maths just doesn't add up for me. I probably see it as:

A litre of water is a litre of water, whether it's poured into a balloon or a basketball. How can the aesthetic be SO different to the measured value. I think I just need to stop thinking about it as much. Hahaha

A 1 liter bottle in front of a 5'5" person looks different from that of a 5"10" person... guess therein lies the difference

Plus Size Bras Website
Does that mean that not every F is really an F and one is presumably larger than the other depending on band size? Wow, so confusing :confused:

I thought i knew it all only to find out i dont know anything!
Now I'm totally confused. Someone! quick, rescue me!

DrJekkyl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
doesn't this 100% have to do with how much they sag or if they are perky, as well as body type? i dated 2 girls back to back that were 34C, both natural. the first was 5'3", probably 130 lbs, and the word that comes to mind with her boobs is "bulbous." all my friends swore she was a D, but of course i knew the truth. the second girl was a russian model, probably 5'9", 120 lbs, and hers were more long and sagged a little. so whereas the first girl was shorter and hers stuck out more, the second was taller and thinner and hers sagged, but essentially the "handfull" of boob was the same.

does that make any sense at all?

and for the record, i love breasts, and this site is pretty amazing for them. screw LP's, this should be LBSG.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Plus Size Bras Website

Cup size is a measure of how much larger the bust measurement is than the underbust measurement. As such the letter designator must be linked to the associated band size to mean something exact. You can't just say "I'm an F cup" because that will mean different things for different sized women.

File:Cup size comparison.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

This image was posted earlier and shows that the same "sized" breast on 5 different (band) sized women is 5 different cup sizes.

Cup size is more a measure of proportion than a measure of actual volume. A lady that is a 30C and a lady that is a 38C might show similar proportion (its not exact) but the 38C indicates a much larger breast volume (ie bigger boobs :p). To develop this further, if the 38C breasts kept the same volume, but you reduced the band size down to 30 inches they would become F cups.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Cup size is a measure of how much larger the bust measurement is than the underbust measurement. As such the letter designator must be linked to the associated band size to mean something exact. You can't just say "I'm an F cup" because that will mean different things for different sized women.

This image was posted earlier and shows that the same "sized" breast on 5 different (band) sized women is 5 different cup sizes.

Cup size is more a measure of proportion than a measure of actual volume. A lady that is a 30C and a lady that is a 38C might show similar proportion (its not exact) but the 38C indicates a much larger breast volume (ie bigger boobs :p). To develop this further, if the 38C breasts kept the same volume, but you reduced the band size down to 30 inches they would become F cups.

This sounds weird to say, but thank you Capt. Obvious! It's all about proportion.... it makes sense.

And you know what? The next time a guy pms me to ask "what size are your breasts?", I am sending him your post! lol

D_Andy_Conda

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Great, thanks Captain Obvious!

Even though I feel like this means my breasts aren't a 'true' cupsize and more like a wannabe cupsize. I'm still alright with them :cool:

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Great, thanks Captain Obvious!

Even though I feel like this means my breasts aren't a 'true' cupsize and more like a wannabe cupsize. I'm still alright with them :cool:

what do you mean by that? You are what you are...

D_Andy_Conda

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I'm 30/28 inches 65/60 for EU,
which means that my twins are going undercover as bigger cup sizes, when really they're easily the volume of smaller ones.
I've always thought my breasts are too small to be the cup size I wear, if that makes any sense :biggrin1:
what do you mean by that? You are what you are...

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
which means that my twins are going undercover as bigger cup sizes, when really they're easily the volume of smaller ones.
I've always thought my breasts are too small to be the cup size I wear, if that makes any sense :biggrin1:

So you're saying you have a small frame and big boobs, so you have a very big cup size.... I'm honestly not seeing the problem here :p

D_Langstaff Longstaff

Experimental Member
Media
Well I hope not, since I've seen a rather full look on two of my friends who claim to be natural. :eek: Lol!

Perhaps but actually I think the tissue distribution thing does make them seem bigger. For example looking at your pics, yours seem far larger and fuller (not sure if they are or aren't but they definitely look like it) because your breasts sculpt well from the top.

I guess the maths just doesn't add up for me. I probably see it as:

A litre of water is a litre of water, whether it's poured into a balloon or a basketball. How can the aesthetic be SO different to the measured value. I think I just need to stop thinking about it as much. Hahaha

Both of you have AMAZING breasts so I will leave it at that.

Jewelzapop

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Same here. My roommate works at Victoria's Secret and wanted to measure me a few days ago, lol, so this is still fresh. I'm 31 in around, so I usually wear a 32D, but a 34C will work too and (if such a thing exists?) so would a 30DD - which sounds insane... considering my 4'11" frame. Anyway, she explained that those would be my "sister sizes" - meaning that, although they're different letters, the cup size would actually be the same. It's still kind of confusing to me. All I can liken it to is that a 5'10" woman who weighs the same amount as me would appear really unhealthily skinny. And maybe it's how bras are made too, sort of how like I can wear a size 3.5 shoe in kids all the way up to a 6 in womens, depending on the shoe.