Curious Scar

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by athleticguy, Jun 18, 2010.

1. athleticguy

athleticguy New Member

Hey guys, just posting for a bit of help here. I have this scar on the shaft of my dick; it's something I've always sort of noticed, but assumed everyone had. It runs from the tip of my foreskin down to where my cock meets my balls, and is on the side not facing me. It's very light, but it looks almost as if an incision has been made.

Maybe it isn't even a scar, just a mark? I noticed others don't have this scar (call it 'research' ;)) and don't really want to ask my folks if I had to have some surgery as a kid. I certainly don't remember it.

Any thoughts on what it might be? I have no pain, no issues etc. Just very curious.

2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Picture of it?

3. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Usually pic requests are shamelessly self interest driven :biggrin1:, but in this case, I would think that pics would be required for anybody to be able to make an educated response.

4. double_digit

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I got this too and I am cut. Perhaps a natural divide, since as humans (most of us are anyway ... I think) we are bilateral in our symmetry. You could literally draw a straight line down the body and have equal halves. More or less. My right foot is a half-size larger than my left. ;D

5. hrnyguybkny

hrnyguybkny New Member

it's your ridge bro. we all have it -- cut or uncut. slang term is banjo string and some dudes really love it when your lady plays it. is yours sensitive? some guys really get off on havin that thing very lightly touched. that drive u nuts?

6. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    #6 TurkeyWithaSunburn, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  7. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sounds like you're describing your raphe. Every male has it, though on some it is more pronounced than on others. It is the closure of the seam that was created when our gender was decided at fertilization and developed in the womb. If it hadn't closed, we'd have a vulva.

Your frenulum is actually part of your raphe, as is the seam down your scrotum and the seam at your perinaeum. The entire seam runs from your anus to your meatus, the little fleshy lips at the distal tip of your urethra.

Some guys have a very straight raphe, some have a meandering one, some have one that looks like it stops and starts again, and many have one that looks like it bifurcates down near the base of the penis. And on a few, it's nearly invisible; but we all have it.

Here is a photo of a typical raphe on an intact penis.

Some guys find the raphe particularly sensitive to stimulation, especially toward the distal (frenular) end.

Hope this helps.

8. londonhanger

londonhanger Active Member

Albums:
    That's where we installed the tracking device! - You've rumbled us!!!

9. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Here are some raphe examples. The first is Nothing On from flickr, the second is from acroposthion.net and the third is from the web.

And numerous LPSG members have good raphe photos in their galleries; Tsun has probably the handsomest raphe I've ever seen (he's a sweetheart, too).

Attached Files:

10. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    I like it... It's like where we fold over on ourselves as we develop into a fetus...

11. athleticguy

athleticguy New Member

Oh is that what it is? Ha, I envisioned some horrible accident when I was born, and there was a resulting scar. Mine's quite straight, not rele too pronounced, more just a slight change in tone.

That's really interesting, thanks to everyone for answering. I guess since you've all been so helpful, I'll enclose a pic haha. I'll take a snap tomorrow.

Cheers!

12. BXRBRFSCOWBOY

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That last pic gym fresh posted was HOT! haha... thanks man.

Draft saved Draft deleted