Curious

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I thought the OP was asking a question generally about how people label themselves as 90/10, 80/20, 50/50 and so on, so I attempted to respond to what I thought was his question. Perhaps he was wondering what other people consider themselves and why, which, I think, is a valid inquiry, too. If I'm trying to understand something, I may ask others what their experience is regarding it.

On that note, I have 90/10 on my profile, but that is such a shot in the dark that I'm not sure it's exactly accurate. Honestly, I'm attracted to both women and men. I've had relationships with both, although I only had one "relationship" with a man back when I was in college. It was intense and in hindsight, I was clearly in love with him and he with me, although at the time I could not see myself in a long term relationship with another man. My family wouldn't have accepted that in the least, and I could not come to terms with that view of myself.

I also dated women in college, and I enjoyed their company a lot too. I found both males and females sexually attractive, and, at least at that time in life, I was getting more sexual fulfillment from my male lover than from any woman I was dating. That was mainly because I was in a very conservative environment and my buddy and I definitely had more opportunity and more desire to be sexual, so we took advantage of it. I told myself then that my attraction to the same sex relationship was more about the fact that I was actually getting sex than it was about a deep attraction to the same gender. (If I'm honest, I was checking out the other guys in the dorm on a regular basis, and my masturbatory fantasies involved males as much as or more than females.) In a word, I was confused.

Fast forward a few years, and I was in love with a woman whom I married. I never told her about my same sex attraction or the relationship I had in college with another man as she would not have understood in the least. I had decided it was a situational thing rather than a real attraction, and since I'd never been IN A RELATIONSHIP with any other man except for my buddy in college, then I was heterosexual (perhaps with some latent tendencies, whatever those are).

I married young (senior in college), and while I was getting sex at home with my wife, I still found myself drawn to the various glory holes on campus, where I could get a quick blow job from some guy and leave satisfied. For most of that time, I didn't reciprocate because I really did not have a desire to do so. Long story short, I've been married a long time, and my sexual interactions with men have been intermittent, sometimes frequent for a season, other times years without any.

Maybe the 10% is low, but I do not see myself as attracted to men in a major way. I want relationship with a woman, and I don't want to mess that up--although I seem hellbent on doing so sexually at different times in my life. I'd give up the m2m sex if I could, but it keeps drawing me back. Maybe it's lack of self-control. Maybe it's the fact that I like sex a lot more than my wife does and I need more than she is willing or able to give.

If I read this, or if I described my behavior to someone else, I sound like a selfish bastard who has sex with people outside his marriage because he just can't seem to keep his willy in his pants. But I'm not. I'm a good guy, an excellent husband, a great father, a conscientious worker, a compassionate person, and more.

I'm not sure how to put a percentage on that...

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I thought the OP was asking a question generally about how people label themselves as 90/10, 80/20, 50/50 and so on, so I attempted to respond to what I thought was his question. Perhaps he was wondering what other people consider themselves and why, which, I think, is a valid inquiry, too. If I'm trying to understand something, I may ask others what their experience is regarding it.

On that note, I have 90/10 on my profile, but that is such a shot in the dark that I'm not sure it's exactly accurate. Honestly, I'm attracted to both women and men. I've had relationships with both, although I only had one "relationship" with a man back when I was in college. It was intense and in hindsight, I was clearly in love with him and he with me, although at the time I could not see myself in a long term relationship with another man. My family wouldn't have accepted that in the least, and I could not come to terms with that view of myself.

I also dated women in college, and I enjoyed their company a lot too. I found both males and females sexually attractive, and, at least at that time in life, I was getting more sexual fulfillment from my male lover than from any woman I was dating. That was mainly because I was in a very conservative environment and my buddy and I definitely had more opportunity and more desire to be sexual, so we took advantage of it. I told myself then that my attraction to the same sex relationship was more about the fact that I was actually getting sex than it was about a deep attraction to the same gender. (If I'm honest, I was checking out the other guys in the dorm on a regular basis, and my masturbatory fantasies involved males as much as or more than females.) In a word, I was confused.

Fast forward a few years, and I was in love with a woman whom I married. I never told her about my same sex attraction or the relationship I had in college with another man as she would not have understood in the least. I had decided it was a situational thing rather than a real attraction, and since I'd never been IN A RELATIONSHIP with any other man except for my buddy in college, then I was heterosexual (perhaps with some latent tendencies, whatever those are).

I married young (senior in college), and while I was getting sex at home with my wife, I still found myself drawn to the various glory holes on campus, where I could get a quick blow job from some guy and leave satisfied. For most of that time, I didn't reciprocate because I really did not have a desire to do so. Long story short, I've been married a long time, and my sexual interactions with men have been intermittent, sometimes frequent for a season, other times years without any.

Maybe the 10% is low, but I do not see myself as attracted to men in a major way. I want relationship with a woman, and I don't want to mess that up--although I seem hellbent on doing so sexually at different times in my life. I'd give up the m2m sex if I could, but it keeps drawing me back. Maybe it's lack of self-control. Maybe it's the fact that I like sex a lot more than my wife does and I need more than she is willing or able to give.

If I read this, or if I described my behavior to someone else, I sound like a selfish bastard who has sex with people outside his marriage because he just can't seem to keep his willy in his pants. But I'm not. I'm a good guy, an excellent husband, a great father, a conscientious worker, a compassionate person, and more.

I'm not sure how to put a percentage on that...

Wow! I don't even know what to say. After reading this, at no point did I think that you were a bad guy or a selfish bastard. This is something that obviously bothers you, and I'll be damned if I, or anyone else, should kick you for it. I believe that you're a good guy, a great father, a conscientious worker, a compassionate person, and more. I'm not sure about the husband part. Only your wife could answer that, and she doesn't know the full truth, and if she did, I don't know what her response would be. I will say this to you, because your wife knows what you feel she needs to know, and she'll probably never know differently, but you are who you are, and you enjoy what you enjoy. There's nothing wrong with that. In a way, I'm sorry for you because like a lot of men, you probably feel stuck- if you tell the truth, there will probably be great consequences, but if you keep your mouth shut, then nothing has to change.

You said that you couldn't tell your wife because she wouldn't understand. I guess that's the part that confuses me, not just with you, but with a lot of people on different topics. People seriously stand before God and make vows to others, pledging eternal love, and yet, don't even know who they're about to spend the rest of their life with. Please, don't think that I'm attacking you, because I'm not- it just boggles my mind how we can say and believe that we love someone so much that we're not willing to trust them with the truth. In all fairness to you, times were different then, and I'm sure it was scary for you and there was pressure from those around you. Wow!

I hope you tell her the truth one day, and I hope that you're able to work through it, and maybe she'll be up for fun- who knows. My dad was gay, mom caught him- so I understand. Just think about it- because proudly carrying the title "excellent husband" in your situation truly is the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Best of luck, Man!

Dante'

askew

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have to agree that you cannot help who you are attracted to. It's not a choice but intuition. I don't think you can change a sexual preference like an article of clothing. It's hardwired into you. Maybe in some cases environment can change things or maybe somebody who has never had the opportunity or exposure to a same sex experience may not realize they have those preferences until they have sampled it themselves.

Speaking for myself. Strictly heterosexual. Have tried a bi-experience and could not get into it at all. And the guy was really attractive physically as well as mentally so if I was bi he definitely should have done it for me. Felt bad because he had been after me for a while and while I really had no tendencies in that direction up to that point, I thought what the hell I'll try anything once. But alas it is just not in the cards for me. Although for some strange reason, I seem to through off guy's "Gaydar" and I get hit on a lot. It does flatter me.

Last edited: