Current Pc Terms For Ftm

Query

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Before I ask any actual questions I'd like to start out not offending anyone or at least as few people as possible since no matter what terms I use someone will be offended. Now in referring to a person who was born as a male but psychologically presents as a female what if any are the least offensive terms to describe:
1. No physical changes but presents themselves as a female to the world
2. Taking hormones to adjust their physicality and present themselves as a female to the world
3. Taking hormones, have had breast augmentation and present themselves as a female to the world
4. Taking hormones, have had breast augmentation, had genital reassignment and present themselves as a female to the world
I know I'm probably offending someone with the "present themselves as a female to the world" but I don't want to get into the xx vs xy man/woman debate.

D

deleted6505551

I appreciate your desire to avoid giving offense and insofar as I am concerned you accomplished that. And while I am not an activist by any means I do like to take the opportunity to help people better understand us. First I suggest that you not use the spectrum of physical transition as primary markers. The first, and most important, trait that we trans people share is psychological. For us our assigned gender at birth, ie sex, simply doesn't equate with what our cerebrum tells us. Being trans begins not with our physiology but in our head. The reality of gender dysphoria is really the only marker that should matter. So in reality there are men who enjoy presenting as women but are not trans. By the same right there are trans women who are physiologically male and present as the same who are absolutely feminine in every other way. I know because I spent the vast majority of my life as one of these people. And I looked far less feminine than many men who liked looking female. So the answer to your question is simple. Numbers 1 through 4 are all trans women. And we can add another category, trans women that lack the ability to transition physically or even dress feminine. They are also trans women.

I'm sorry if I seemed to be preaching at you. I truly appreciate your effort to understand something about us. The most important thing is avoiding any label with man, boy or male as part of the description for me. I think if I hear man boobs or boy pussy one more time my head will explode.

Hope this helps.