Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm more interested in what YOU have to say about the issues. Speak your mind, and tell why you believe so.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of apocalyptic scenarios are doom and gloom (typical thinking for a human). Did you know that the word apocalypse actually means to "reveal" (aka Revelations if you speak bible talk).

So, if the word apocalypse means something along the lines of "lifting the veil", how do you think this would happen given everything going on around the world?

In a nutshell, I personally believe that the current old world and ways of thinking must be dismantled before something new arises. Like a death and rebirth... The cycle of life. Therefore, we are going to stop looking outside of ourselves like we've been doing, and start looking within... it's already happening! and has been!

GO!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm expecting a "Y2K" moment when nothing obvious happens. The idea of an "unveiling" or the beginning of an evolution in human collective consciousness is great fodder for the "new age" flow and glow crowd. But with the rare exceptions of the few buddhist nuns I've had the astonishing pleasure to know, as humans we've got a few more thousand years before a general "wake up" and the majority of us put compassion before greed.

But, hey, I'm game for just about anything. Surprise me.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, it's you again.

And, for the record, I view the 2012 s 100% bullshit. Nothing of note will happen aside from a huge amount of people getting totally shitfaced the night before, just in case.

rangisrovus19

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm expecting a "Y2K" moment when nothing obvious happens. The idea of an "unveiling" or the beginning of an evolution in human collective consciousness is great fodder for the "new age" flow and glow crowd. But with the rare exceptions of the few buddhist nuns I've had the astonishing pleasure to know, as humans we've got a few more thousand years before a general "wake up" and the majority of us put compassion before greed.

But, hey, I'm game for just about anything. Surprise me.

totally agreed.

my guess is as good as any, maybe possible contact with another civilization? that's what i hope for. that's definitely a shit hitting the fan scenario. I don't think majority of the earth's population would be able to believe/handle it.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That would be nice, wouldn't it?
But....what if they Have cooties???

Nope - the majority would start running screaming for their lives to the political pundant of the time for a rescuing.

Something tells me even if monkeys fly out of my ass and pigs fly by the winder - I'll still be expected to work the next day.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Through the shocking and the unexpected will come great joy and awe. That is what i reckon will happen in the future just like it has been since the dawn of man. In regards to 2012 specific, well, its a great excuse for a party and no point ruling it out as bullshit cos who knows....