current survivor

S

SirConcis

catman, Rob Burnett is an environmentalist. The show is actually very responsible with the environment. And it is all show on resort property (or very near to it). Remember that the crews have to stay in a hotel with generators to recharge batteries for their cameras, running water to wash, etc etc. (and when the actors get eliminated, they go back to their room in the resort).

Survivor australia wasn't near a resort, but they probably staged the crews at a large station to provide the services needed to run the show.

The show brings in a lot of money to the local economy.

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
anyone else wonder how the 100+ camera people/grips/puzzle builders/caterers/jeff probst fluffers and helicoptors destroy the 'native area' in the middle of 'nowhere'? I can only imagine the trash they leave behind..(not counting the bimbos)

there are many Survivors from different countries, but the U.S. version is the only one that actually leaves the sites in better condition than they started with.

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mike looked hotter with his beard during the show versus without beard at the finale.

Grant looked uch better at finale without his funny hair.

Matt looked much better at the finale, but perhaps too much metrosexual. But his "turning to God" removes masculinity from a man. (Mike also lost masculinity ponts when he started to talk about seeing religion). But guess CBS has to cater to highly religious audience and ask their actors to say things like that.

I really wish they stop bringing back folks like russel/rob AND stacking teams with enough bimbos to give those guys control over the game. It greatly devalues the game since there is no longer any real strategy.

I am so sick and tried of people going around and pray to GOD at a drop of a dime. I am not saying that you should stop doing it but my point is "when" we should be praying is when we very need it not when we are playing for a million dollars. If your mother is dying, please pray. When you are alone on an island for a game, please do not pray. You were there at your own risk.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am so sick and tried of people going around and pray to GOD at a drop of a dime. I am not saying that you should stop doing it but my point is "when" we should be praying is when we very need it not when we are playing for a million dollars. If your mother is dying, please pray. When you are alone on an island for a game, please do not pray. You were there at your own risk.

Amen to that!

S

SirConcis

Survivor is a commercial show, they look at ratings.

They get males to show off in underwear for an eopisode or two to get female and gay viewers, and get the bimbos to be in bikinis the whole season to get heterosexual male viewers. Now, they added religious ones to get religious viewers. It appears to be a large enough demographic to matter now.