Current Tune

alcor972

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
... banzawa...
original creole version from guadeloupe and martinique...
haitian musicians have apparently made an important listening work concerning this sound... and then released several years after two very similar new versions... one with respect to the martinican creole... and the other in english...
I will post them in my next post...

alcor972

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
... banzawa...
creole version from haïti...
while haitian musicians very deeply influenced sounds in my island... and still continue even if this influence is somewhat weaker now... jamaican dancehall currently strongly rules!... lol... I had only little idea about how they was perceiving my home music...
so... while I was looking tonight some haitian sounds to post here, I had the surprise to find this version of banzawa... almost unknown from me... lol...
I like it very much... and I am very touched about the fact they decided to keep the original creole lyrics... as they could as well have used their own haitian creole....
this haitian version of banzawa seems to me more devoted to dance than my home version... which compensates this relative downside by more to much more diversity in the sonorities in general... and particularly with the percussions sonorities that I really find richer, because of a more elaborated use of drums playing for instance...

Reactions: Nexolaris

alcor972

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
... banzawa...
english version from haïti... with a singer from dominica*...
this is a very similar version to the previous one of banzawa... they have obviously been released at the same time on the same album...
slight differences in the sonorities don't really change the general musical trend... and I like it almost as much as the previous one...
the english lyrics are apparently... according to what I've understood... a quasi-litteral translation from the creole ones...
ok...
... aïe banzawa!... wa... wa... wa!...
:)
... shake it!.... shake it!... shake it!... shake it!...
:D
thank you haïti!...
thank you lpsg!...
*dominica is the island immediately to the north of mine...

D

deleted1030587

New beautiful brooding song by Italian artist.
New catchy pop.
If Tom Waits was a woman.