Curved or Straight

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Don't know too much biological information on this, but I was wondering if anyone knew what factor(s) contribute to how much a penis will curve when it's erect. Is it an arrangement of the corpal bodies in the penis? Is it influenced by the PC muscles? Does length or girth play a role?

I have noticed that the few guys whose dick I've seen have had these wicked curves arching up toward the stomach or to either side. Mine, on the other hand, is pretty rigid and straight up-and-down. If there is any curvature, it's hardly noticeable. If I'm sitting or standing, when aroused, it juts out prominently at about 45 degrees.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have the curve,
and...i have always disliked it.

It is slight.
Just a slight upward curve, that
l've gotten positive feedback about, :)
but, still, i have
always wondered what causes it.
I'll keep reading, in case
anyone has any facts.

sammygirly: um, not to get off topic....but the upward curve helps TONS from a female point of view....g-spot stimulation.

Erm, carry on with the curvature discussion!

Ineligible: Let me try a table. This is from the Kinsey Data:

CurvatureWhite college-edWhite non-college-edBlack college-ed
None51.4%54.5%34.8%
Up28.3%27.4%35.4%
Down5.8%6.2%6.8%
Right2.2%3.7%5.0%
Left10.7%7.4%13.0%
Up & right0.2%0.5%0.6%
Up & left1.2%0.5%4.3%
Down & right0.1%0.0%0.0%
Down & left0.1%0.0%0.0%
No. of subjects:4206435161

brad2002: My dick sticks straight up when hard and has a slight upward curve. It also curves a bit to one side, which i always felt funny about until i started getting positive feed back when i started playing with guys. I have noticed that some curved dicks allow maximum stimulation of the prostate during fucking. And some curvatures seem to help with deep throating.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Not an expert by any means.

Researching pix indicates to me curvature can occur in any size length and/or girth (although the longer and thinner ones seem more proned to this characteristic).

I have read the curvature factor results in an "unevenness" of the two side-by-side interior corpus cavernosa "chambers" within the penile shaft. (These are the chambers that fill with blood and cause the erection to occur) One can be only slightly "different" (in length) than the other and cause this. This "unevenness" is a rather natural phenomenon and many men do indeed have a curve of some kind, in one direction or another. It's no disgrace though to NOT have a curve and that's the case for many men as well.

Also, the way a man masturbates or self pleasures over an extended period of time can (or is said to) influence the curvature. This curvature would occur rather innocently of course as opposed to deliberately inducing it. I also read that when a man "positions" the penis in tight underwear (jockey or thong type) and the penis is thereby "forced" into a "crooked" type position over very long period of time (years and years), this too might influence an eventual curve.

Many men (and certainly women) do indeed find the curvature factor beneficial (a slight upward curve that is) which assists to better able hit the "G -spot" more effectively.

If desired, a curvature factor can be corrected (to some extent) by means of vacuum pumping and/or using a stretcher device (with certain skillful precaution) over a period of time.

Of course, severe curvature (distorted and painful erection such as peyronie's syndrome) is another matter entirely and is NOT what's being discussed here.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
in my case,
the curvature was there
when i first started masturbating
and has not increased.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, I remember in bio that curvature in a vine or a stem is because one side is shorter than the other. Could curvature in animal matter (i.e., a penis) be for a similar reason?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hmmmm... maybe.... let me think...

Plants have xylem and phloem tissues that disperse water and nutrients throughout its floral body. The difference in tension between two floral tissues of different lengths may initiate such a bend, and growing toward full length may exasperate it.

But dicks? I don't know. I know the penis has two corpus tissue structures. The spongiosum's more broad than its cavernosa companions, is that right? I think that would account for the distinct shape of your standard-fare dick, but I think penis tissue is too robust (especially because it fills with blood and plumps to a significant larger size -- plants don't really do that, do they?) to account for curvature. Maybe it's inherent to the tissue structures and not just a particular size or length of tissue.

prepstudinsc: My dick is curved upward like a big banana. I don't remember it always being this curved until it was fully grown. It has always been at a pretty sharp upward angle, but the curve seemed to come into play at my last growth spurt in college. I think it's just a genetic quirk, like people who have dimples or a cleft in their chin. Some people have an upturned nose, I have an upturned dick. No big deal. Girls seem to like it because it hits them in all the right spots. I've been told many times that I've got a great dick for fucking because of the curve. The only downfall is because it curves up, it's harder for it to be sucked well. If it curved downward, it would be better for sucking. I'm just glad that it doesn't curve sideways.
If you want to see it, go to: http://www.ratehiscock.com/detail.asp?id=1001

Donk: [quote author=prepstudinsc link=board=health;num=1054190779;start=0#9 date=06/04/03 at 04:45:49]My dick is curved upward like a big banana.  I don't remember it always being this curved until it was fully grown.  It has always been at a pretty sharp upward angle, but the curve seemed to come into play at my last growth spurt in college.[/quote]

My penis is also shaped like a big banana, but the curve is downward (and a bit to the left). I also remember really noticing the curve only during/after my final growth spurt. Maybe it has always been there and I just didn't notice it before or maybe it just appeared--or at least got more extreme--during my final growth. Maybe the top side just outpaced the underside in length growth and caused it to be pulled over like a bow. I don't know. But at the time I first noticed it I was concerned about it and wondered if a change in masturbation style would straighten it out. But I have since come to really like the shape and the way it just hangs down looking very heavy when hard. I also think the downward curve helps ease entry during intercourse because the angle of entry seems to help a woman take more of my length more easily.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It was just a theory, but basically, if you tie a balloon, the balloon will stretch on one side and compress on the other. Same principle.

[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=health;num=1054190779;start=0#8 date=06/03/03 at 20:31:20]Hmmmm... maybe.... let me think...

Plants have xylem and phloem tissues that disperse water and nutrients throughout its floral body.  The difference in tension between two floral tissues of different lengths may initiate such a bend, and growing toward full length may exasperate it.

But dicks?  I don't know.  I know the penis has two corpus tissue structures.  The spongiosum's more broad than its cavernosa companions, is that right?  I think that would account for the distinct shape of your standard-fare dick, but I think penis tissue is too robust (especially because it fills with blood and plumps to a significant larger size -- plants don't really do that, do they?) to account for curvature.  Maybe it's inherent to the tissue structures and not just a particular size or length of tissue.[/quote]

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=prepstudinsc link=board=health;num=1054190779;start=0#9 date=06/04/03 at 04:45:49]The only downfall is because it curves up, it's harder for it to be sucked well.  If it curved downward, it would be better for sucking. [/quote]

I would dispute that. An upwardly curved cock is perfect for 69, for which I have a particular fondness. ;)

man-ya: hey maybe your friends penis curved up was because he has been sucking himself to often

Jimbo: Dee:

Here is a site that actually has some galleries with u-curve, n-curve and straight dicks set against a grid showing the angles. For me, i curve slightly upward (and slightly to the right) and have been told as a result of the u-curve that it really hits the spot during intercourse (the g-spot, that is).

http://www.erectionphotos.com

As far as what causes the curve, i believe it is mostly mother nature. However my rightward curve could be due to mostly masturbating with my left hand as i went through puberty, putting more stretch/stress on the left side causing my dick to bend to the right. This "tissue shaping" is the principle behind the jelqing (penis milking) program that many guys used to enlarge both the length and girth of their dicks. Had i known this when going through puberty, i may have tried to have been more ambidextrous :D .

Trackers: In actual fact my b/f's dick has a funny looking curve on one side. Do any of you guys have that?

Rapha: mine has the n curve,,curved (DOWNWARDS)) and i would like to have it straight
if anyone of you could get me some info send me a message