Curvy women are smarter, have smarter babies

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
A study published in theJournal of Evolution and Human Behavior declares that women who have a lower waist-hip ratio tend to have babies who have higher cognitive abilities.
Key Points of the Research that Concludes that Woman with Curvy Hips Have Smarter Babies:

-
Waist-hip ratio is a way to calculate how much fat a woman stores on her hips.

- Children who scored the highest in cognition tests were offspring of wide-hipped mothers who had low waist-hip ratio. Researchers theorize that fetuses benefit from "a rich supply of useful fatty acids." Mothers who lack full hips are deficient in said nutrients.

- A majority of teenage mothers do not have as much fat storage on her hips. In these instances, mother and baby often are in competition for these important fatty acids. This may impact the cognitive development of teenage mothers' babies. However, teenage moms who have a lower waist-hip ratio may aid their child's cognitive development.

- In contrast, upper-body fat of the mother has a negative influences on cognitive ability in her children.

- Researchers suggested that this may be an explanation as to why men prefer curvy hips. Darwin's Theory of Survival of the Fittest declares itself through the female body.
Interesting research. We already knew that curvier women are more fertile, but their hourglass form now also means higher intelligence and smarter babies. Good to know...

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A study published in theJournal of Evolution and Human Behavior declares that women who have a lower waist-hip ratio tend to have babies who have higher cognitive abilities.
Interesting research. We already knew that curvier women are more fertile, but their hourglass form now also means higher intelligence and smarter babies. Good to know...

Link, please?

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
Link, please?

Study: Curvy Women Live Longer, Give Birth to Smarter Children
[SIZE=-1]FOX News - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The study was published in the journal of Evolution and Human Behavior. They found that women with a greater difference between the waist and hips scored ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Study: Curvy hips lure men to smart women [SIZE=-1]United Press International[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 21 news articles »[/SIZE]
Curvier Mommies Equal Smarter Babies
[SIZE=-1]Associated Content, CO - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By jennybeans A study published in thejournal of Evolution and Human Behavior declares that women who have a lower waist-hip ratio tend to have babies who ...

The full scientific report will be published soon, it's been made available as an ASAP article.

[/SIZE]

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Study: Curvy Women Live Longer, Give Birth to Smarter Children
[SIZE=-1]FOX News - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The study was published in the journal of Evolution and Human Behavior. They found that women with a greater difference between the waist and hips scored ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Study: Curvy hips lure men to smart women [SIZE=-1]United Press International[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 21 news articles »[/SIZE]
Curvier Mommies Equal Smarter Babies
[SIZE=-1]Associated Content, CO - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By jennybeans A study published in thejournal of Evolution and Human Behavior declares that women who have a lower waist-hip ratio tend to have babies who ...

The full scientific report will be published soon, it's been made available as an ASAP article.

[/SIZE]

One could conclude that since curvier women hold more Omega-3 fatty acids, other women could supplement their diet with more Omega-3 fatty acids since that assists in brain development during pregnancy. Smarter kids the natural way.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We already knew that curvier women are more fertile, but their hourglass form now also means higher intelligence and smarter babies. Good to know...

I don't know that it's been proven anywhere that curvier women are more fertile.

Also, waist-to-hip ratio tends to favor women who are thinner-- women with higher waist to hip ration tend to be overweight, not underweight. Reading this I wonder whether the correlation is caused by an external factor-- I don't see how the research draws a conclusive causal relationship. At least in the US, people with low socio-economic status tend to be heavier and therefore have a higher waist-to-hip ratio. Socio-economic status seems to have a lot more to do with children's intelligence than many things.

It's an interesting study, but to draw the conclusion that low waist to hip ratio = intelligence in children seems like quite a stretch. My theory may not be correct at all-- I wanted to demonstrate that they could be link through another factor.

From what I've read, the main predictor of intelligence and cognitive ability that's been found is the cognitive ability of the biological parents. Even so, it doesn't guarantee much of anything. Intelligent people can and do have children that aren't bright and vice versa.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
I don't know that it's been proven anywhere that curvier women are more fertile.

Also, waist-to-hip ratio tends to favor women who are thinner-- women with higher waist to hip ration tend to be overweight, not underweight. Reading this I wonder whether the correlation is caused by an external factor-- I don't see how the research draws a conclusive causal relationship. At least in the US, people with low socio-economic status tend to be heavier and therefore have a higher waist-to-hip ratio.

Sorry, but obese and fat women have a lower waist-to-hip ratio, not a higher one.

The hourglass figure simply means: a small waist and big hips. The article clearly says that upper-body fat (as found in obese women) has a negative effect on the intelligence of babies.

It's really only about the healthy woman with the big curvy hips and the small waist. A matter of pure evolution.

Like Leila:
ImageBeaver.com - Free image and gallery hosting

Hell yea. OMFG!!!

I'm sure "socio-economic" factors are at play too. But are you really surprized to hear that the healthy hourglass woman is so successful on all fronts? I'm not. Maybe men feel this better. Just look at Leila. Instant hardon there!!! Pure Darwinistic lust!! And it was found our dearest Leila is very smart. Not a coincidence.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Also, waist-to-hip ratio tends to favor women who are thinner-- women with higher waist to hip ration tend to be overweight, not underweight. Reading this I wonder whether the correlation is caused by an external factor-- I don't see how the research draws a conclusive causal relationship. At least in the US, people with low socio-economic status tend to be heavier and therefore have a higher waist-to-hip ratio. Socio-economic status seems to have a lot more to do with children's intelligence than many things.

It's an interesting study, but to draw the conclusion that low waist to hip ratio = intelligence in children seems like quite a stretch. My theory may not be correct at all-- I wanted to demonstrate that they could be link through another factor.

From what I've read, the main predictor of intelligence and cognitive ability that's been found is the cognitive ability of the biological parents. Even so, it doesn't guarantee much of anything. Intelligent people can and do have children that aren't bright and vice versa.

I don't think "curvier" women are necessarily more fertile. I guess you'd have to test fertility levels (not sure how you'd do that in women, since I'm not a biologist or in the medical field), and then measure the waist and hips, but even then there is probably a lot of variance. I have heard of "curvy" women who are unable to have children.

I would also think that intelligence of the parents and socio-economic status is more a factor in children's intelligence as well.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry, but obese and fat women have a lower waist-to-hip ratio, not a higher one.

no, you're wrong.

in general, overweight women store fat in their abdomen especially as you get into very overweight and obesity. it's part of the reason why waist to hip ratio is used to estimate overall health and amount of body fat. a woman who had a trim waist (say, 29 inches) and medium-to-large hips (say 38 inches) has a waist to hip ratio of .76. This is considered healthy. A woman with a lot of abdominal fat, waist 35 inches and hips 38 inches, has a higher waist to hip ratio at .92, which is considered unhealthy. Not all women who are overweight distribute fat the exact same way, but as you get more overweight your waist to hip ratio tends to get higher.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
no, you're wrong.

in general, overweight women store fat in their abdomen especially as you get into very overweight and obesity. it's part of the reason why waist to hip ratio is used to estimate overall health and amount of body fat. a woman who had a trim waist (say, 29 inches) and medium-to-large hips (say 38 inches) has a waist to hip ratio of .76. This is considered healthy. A woman with a lot of abdominal fat, waist 35 inches and hips 38 inches, has a higher waist to hip ratio at .92, which is considered unhealthy. Not all women who are overweight distribute fat the exact same way, but as you get more overweight your waist to hip ratio tends to get higher.

Oh I see, I thought it was just the other way around. Do you have some links to stuff clarifying this issue? You seem to know a lot about this.

In any case, I stick to Leila. :wink:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I was actually concerned about this regard myself, as I've been told that I have a waist like a man. :mad:

But I've taken measurements of my waist and hips, and according to this article, I am well within the "healthy" range. :smile:

I wasn't concerned with fertility though, as I've never wanted kids and have been "fixed" anyway. I was more concerned with health, and ok to be honest, being supposedly more attractive to men...

Soooo.... I'm "curvy"! Who knew?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

The hourglass figure simply means: a small waist and big hips. The article clearly says that upper-body fat (as found in obese women) has a negative effect on the intelligence of babies.

It's really only about the healthy woman with the big curvy hips and the small waist. A matter of pure evolution.

Like Leila:
ImageBeaver.com - Free image and gallery hosting

Hell yea. OMFG!!!

I'm sure "socio-economic" factors are at play too. But are you really surprized to hear that the healthy hourglass woman is so successful on all fronts? I'm not. Maybe men feel this better. Just look at Leila. Instant hardon there!!! Pure Darwinistic lust!! And it was found our dearest Leila is very smart. Not a coincidence.

If you wanted to post a pic of your favourite internet babe, why did you feel the need to create a "research" thread to do so? I think "Leila's hot" would've sufficed.