Curvy women are smarter, have smarter babies

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mmm, is this why Russia is actually paying women to have more babies? Is this why the EU is reforming all its social policies with the sole purpose of stimulating fertility and the production of more babies? Is this why Japan is paying young couples to make more children?

These countries are doing this out of a sense of patriotism and as an attempt to preserve culture, not to benefit the earth or the human race overall. Overpopulation is and will continue to be a problem overall which is the point that was being made. As you stated, some women in the world have 7 kids each so on the whole the world population is growing. Your argument to superlarge is a straw man.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
Mmm, is this why Russia is actually paying women to have more babies? Is this why the EU is reforming all its social policies with the sole purpose of stimulating fertility and the production of more babies? Is this why Japan is paying young couples to make more children?

You're right when it comes to developing countries that haven't yet made the demographic transition. There, women make more than enough babies (in some countries the fertility rate even stands at 7 kids per woman).

But in modern countries the depopulation and greying of society is the biggest threat to their existence. The demographic decline is catastrophic. Hence everything is being done to boost fertility and the production of kids.

I think Veronica_Divine lives in such a modern country, not in a developing country.

Nope, too narrow a viewpoint. Here:
Overpopulation -- The Population Explosion - by Paul and Anne Ehrlich

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
These countries are doing this out of a sense of patriotism and as an attempt to preserve culture, not to benefit the earth or the human race overall. Overpopulation is and will continue to be a problem overall which is the point that was being made. As you stated, some women in the world have 7 kids each so on the whole the world population is growing.

But I'm thinking long term and in a bit more complex terms. There is no "overpopulation" as such, and I refuse to engage in the politically correct resource scarcity hysteria.

In 2050 (very soon), world population levels will have reached their peak at 9 billion (4th revision of the UN World Population Prospects). From 2075 onwards, a global decline sets in. But this progress is conditional.

We only get there when we produce enough smart brains that develop smart technologies. These smart babies are grown in countries like Japan, Russia, the US and the EU. It is crucial to maintain population levels there, otherwise developing countries will live in eternal misery; it's the highly developed, post-industrial world that delivers the technologies needed so much by the developing world. Else, sustainable development will never happen and we will continue to see a demographic explosion.

In short, a population decline in the post-industrialised world, as we are seeing today, is extremely dangerous for the health of the planet and will lead to a population time bomb that will destroy Earth.

(That's why the UN makes demographic projections on the basis of parameters such as economic growth and the intensity of the growth in technologies and tech transfers).

Or do you want farmers in developing countries to keep chopping down rainforests simply because they don't have access to modern infrastructures, technologies and agricultural knowledge?

If Veronica_Divine decides not to make kids, we miss a perfect opportunity to have a much needed engineer, scientist or entrepreneur - needed to make life on the planet sustainable. One smart engineer in the West can develop breakthrough technologies that can help entire countries reduce their fertility rates.

Just think of the invention of the pill: a few smart people developed this breakthrough. You know the results.

If Veronica_Divine's baby happens to be the engineer who develops a new genetically modified strain of manioc that yields more per hectare, the population in Africa would drop at once due to increased food security.

Common Veronica, we need your divine womb to do its duty! Give us a bio-engineer! You can do it!!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These countries are doing this out of a sense of patriotism and as an attempt to preserve culture, not to benefit the earth or the human race overall. Overpopulation is and will continue to be a problem overall which is the point that was being made. As you stated, some women in the world have 7 kids each so on the whole the world population is growing. Your argument to superlarge is a straw man.

I wasn't going to respond, because one of my hot buttons was hit in this thread... Totally agree with you, Snoozan!

I am one of those "neglectful of my 'duty' " women who has chosen not to have children. I am not mentally or emotionally prepared/suited to have them. Physically, before I was "fixed", yes, I was fertile, but just because you can do something physically does not necessarily mean that you are prepared to do so mentally.

Also, overpopulation is a real problem in the world. I look at the overall population, not so much that the population is declining in some countries and increasing in others. The earth can support a finite number of people. Go over that number and there are not enough resources to provide basic necessities for those people.

True, if every woman made the choice I did the human race would die out, but most women continue to have children. If they want to have them, I have no problem with that. It is being forced to reproduce that I object to.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
eh, i'm not arguing with you anymore. you just need to be contrary so you can swing your "i'm so smart" cock around. you are neither the most intelligent nor the most informed member on this site, and your attitude is tiresome.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
But Snoozan, you are the prototype of political correctness. You choose to be this, running away when someone else doesn't follow you in your politically correct hysteria is a bit easy.

@superlarge: you know very well that "Dieoff" is one of the most ridiculous websites out there; everyone with a bit of a scientific background can not but laugh at these amateurs. Why don't you refer to scientific studies? They're all publicly available. No need to refer to idiotic amateurs.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
Snoozan, as said earlier, I won't give up on you, I'm a Christian, I help you.

The UK parliament recently presented a pretty interesting, landmark report on the issue of world population trends - I'm sure you are aware of this. It asked what kind of strategies its international development agencies should follow to make sure that we hit the UN's medium fertility scenario (peak in 2050, decline in 2075).

The answer: making sure that population in the West is maintained at healthy economic levels, because only this gives the world a guarantee that we develop the technologies we need to help the South gain lower fertility rates.

Is this really so difficult to understand?

I may not be the smartest person on this nice forum, but at least I go beyond the boring, simplistic clichés you pump out here continuously. You can read these reports, they're publicly available. Good luck.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But Snoozan, you are the prototype of political correctness. You choose to be this, running away when someone else doesn't follow you in your politically correct hysteria is a bit easy.

What makes you think she's trying to be politically correct? The fact that she's right?

You're a troll and a blowhard with little worthwhile to say. Your biases have been reported by various members. You offer contradicting information and choose to ignore others who point out the obvious. You give Christians everywhere a bad name.

Say what you will. I'll be taking my B cups and juicy hips and popping out babies in a few years and blowing this study all to hell.

Oh, almost forgot You know squat about architecture and design.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
One could conclude that since curvier women hold more Omega-3 fatty acids, other women could supplement their diet with more Omega-3 fatty acids since that assists in brain development during pregnancy. Smarter kids the natural way.

One could indeed conclude that. Just take your Omega-3 fatty acid pill and enjoy your healthy litter of pups.

B_Veronica_Divine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Wow, no...just because the child that came out of me might have some obscure genetic advantage (which I already doubt) that does not mean I would be a good enough mother to make use of it. I wasn't great in school myself, and I woudln't be a good tutor, and until I like kids a lot more, I'm not going to be a good maternal unit either. I could see msyelf being horrible to a child when it annoyed me.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you're on your back legs spread grunting like a pig while you try to pass something the size of a football through a hole the size of a lychee then you can comment about whether or not it's a woman's duty to have kids.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
When you're on your back legs spread grunting like a pig while you try to pass something the size of a football through a hole the size of a lychee then you can comment about whether or not it's a woman's duty to have kids.

If I could, I would. Gladly.

I think many men are jealous at women, because we cannot germinate babies inside our bellies. We only have a dumb dick and that's it.

B_FruitFly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You would think it would be the other way around, as sexier women dont need to be as inteligent.
Maybe there children are smarter because they get the first picks when it comes to better genetics.

Isnt that the way evolution works?