Custom Shirts / Slim Cut Shirts

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by cdog204, Jan 20, 2011.

1. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've recently lost a bit of weight, and I'm finding that even the slim fit shirts that I own and that are available for purchase are far too baggy.

I'm 6'1, now about 165 lbs. My chest measures exactly 40 inches, neck a little over 15, and my waist is 32. That is a measurement from a tape, not the "vanity" size of pants. Even the Calvin Klein slim-fit shirts that were working well for me now show an immense amount of "muffin-top." The shirts billow out like 6" around the waist.

Can anyone recommend some slim-fit shirts that are actually made for truly slim guys? Should I just bite the bullet and spend the money to have shirts custom-made?

2. phndoc

phndoc Member

I get my shirts from Macy's. The sale people are great and help alot. There is always a sale going on.

3. cjj2k

cjj2k Member

Albums:
    I used to weigh 160 and Im 6'1 too... (ive gained some weight tho now, around 180 - trying to lose back down) , But I always had that problem too. It took A LOT of shopping around to find shirts that would fit me right. One thing you gotta watch is that in a stack of 10 shirts that are all supposed to be identicle, they usually can vary up to three inches. So search on my friend! lol

4. thorprep

thorprep Member

Albums:
    Check out Charles Thyrwhitt.

5. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Custom Shirt Shops or Lands End Custom Shirts are made to measure shirts. Both have very good guarantees (Lands End is life time). Because of that I get all my dress shirts there.

6. B_R_I_E_F

B_R_I_E_F Member

Brooks Brothers my friend... Extra slim fit.

Brooks Brothers | Men | Non-Iron | Extra Slim Fit

If that doesn't work for you. Take your existing shirts into a taylor's shop and they can/will alter your shirts for a fraction of the cost of a new wardrobe.

#6 B_R_I_E_F, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  7. BDS

BDS
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Easy, Buy slim fit, take them to your dry cleaner or any place that does clothing adjustments. Ask for a couple of darts at the back, they will know what to do.

I hate you only because you are skinny :biggrin1:

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have broad shoulders and a 40" chest and a 30" waist. I have to buy shirts big on the top and have them altered to fit.

9. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    Brooks Brothers definitely didn't have Extra Slims when I went there in October, must be new. I bought one of their slim fit shirts and it is absolutely baggy around the waist.

10. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    Try J. Crew... check it out online as they have a separate "slim section" that shows all of their items that are slim fit. They are really the only place that I can depend on to get shirts that fit me. Club Monaco is also really good, but I have to make sure that it says "slim" and not "classic".

11. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    J Crew's slim cut clothing fits me very well, but it isn't really formal enough for my job. I actually got a J Crew slim-fit blazer for Christmas and I love it (The Ludlow), but their shirts are just too casual for my job, where I need to be dressed business formal Monday through Friday.

12. ameagledude

ameagledude New Member

I've had the same problem all my life. I'm 5'10" and small size is too baggy for me. Only "small" that fits is Hollister, that' why I only wear AE because they have "XS". My mom can sew, so she fixes my polos and shirts so they fit just right. You can't tell the diff

13. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    In Europe there's a service online called Tailor4Less, they do customised clothing and I have some of their shirts. They're BRILLIANT, really well made and fit perfectly.

Best of all, they're not unreasonably priced.

I'm sure there's a similar service in the US?

Men's suits, Men's custom suits, Men's tailored suits - Tailor4less

14. ggsitc

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Many dress shirt lines have fitted or athletic cut sizes. I wear the JCPenney Stafford shirts that come in an athletic cut -- sadly available online only, not in the stores, which sorta pisses me off that the fat guys can get special sizes in the stores but the fit guys can't, but I digress -- and the VanHeusen shirts have a fitted series, and the sizing charts are available on the Penneys web site so you can find what will work for you. I assume other retailers have similar information available for the products they carry.

15. fratdude75

fratdude75 New Member

Thomas pink slim

Draft saved Draft deleted