Cut or no? what 2 do¿

Bort: I am 22 and going for surgury on Monday. The doctor asked if I wanted to have my foreskin removed... should I get it dont or no? There will be scarring either way because has to cut there anywho, also the frenulum will be cut..... I kind of want to but am not sure to be honest on what to expect...
Can you guys give me reasons why or why not to do so?

wvalady1968: Bort, can you give us more information? Why is the surgery being done?

Duzi: One good reason not to do it.  Once it is gone, it is gone.  You can try to restore it, but it is not the same.  What are the reasons you are doing it?

Cityboy: OMG NO! Why would you want to do that?! You lose millions of nerve endings and a huge amount of feeling.
Is there something wrong with your foreskin? In almost all cases there are better ways than cutting it off! Please visit http://www.cirp.org , http://www.nocirc.org
You'll be sorry if you do this.

Mighty_Joe: I personally prefer my men clipped, however I knew this uncut guy in Birmingham that was uncut yet his foreskin retracted so as to appear circumcised. That was a turn-on plus he was very clean. If I want cheese I want it on a hamburger and not on a cock.

lellelind

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If there's no medical reason to have the foreskin removed I suggest you stay away from that. remember that there's no way to have the foreskin back once it's cut.

Tender: id never do it.
i wish my SB wasnt.
you could regret it.
you cant get it back.
sounds like an easy buck for the dr.
and why are you having surgery?
why is it that the fren will be cut ???
Tender

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
bort---

Caught this thread kinda late in the week.

'Hope there's still time to send you my "2 cents worth".

I don't know why the doc mentioned the matter of "getting cut" and you haven't really told us.

Others here have indicated indeed it is a major decision and one you will have to live with----the rest of your life.

Circumcision does NOT always have to leave a "scar" as such....at least a bad (dark ring scar). There are a number of different ways (techniques) to achieve a "good cut" if you will. I don't even know whether having circumcision later in life affects "scarring" as such.

But, know this. There are advantages to being cut as well as disadvantages.

If you're having problems with a too-tight foreskin and cannot retract it at all, then perhaps (some type of) circumcision is medically necessary.

Most guys get cut during infancy with NO say.

You're an adult.... with A LOT OF SAY about this.

Think about it and speak up for yourself---NOW!

Let the doctor know you are aware that there are ways to do a "partial circumcision" (and LEAVE YOU SOME FORESKIN AND PERHAPS EVEN SOME IF NOT MOST OF THE FRENULUM). A "dorsal-slit" is a procedure that is merely cutting the foreskin sufficiently to allow it to slide more readily and that's all. So, you'll still HAVE it!

Having been uncut all your life, I believe you will indeed notice a big difference AFTER you're cut. I'm speaking of a loss of sensitivity and a less protected glans (certainly). Some guys are happy afterwards (if they've had discomfort or a lifetime of headache "keeping it clean". Other guys, well--they "rue the day" (i.e.HATE their decision to get clipped.) --'Wouldn't want YOU to wind up that way!

I'm twice your age, I'm cut, and have ALWAYS regretted it. I don't have any bad scarring as such and yet, I am downright mad and resentful about being circumcised. :mad: -Always felt like I was taken advantage of when an infant and have missed out on the "super pleasure" other uncut men have as adults. I will never know for sure will l?---what I have missed out on, that is.

Remember to let the doc know you're aware of your choices here. You don't have to have a complete circumcision...perhaps only a partial one
(again, think "dorsal slit" !) which may be all that's necessary should you have a hygiene related issue.

You can always delay your decision for a few more days, too ---to be REALLY sure. --Best wishes.