Cut VS Uncut

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IntactMale said:
Well if GBS is in the birth canal don't you think it could get on a baby and infect that wound that's being made on his penis for no reason? Nevermind how many infections come from all surgery performed in hospitals, infection shouldn't be a risk for any unnecessary surgery.

There is a difference between a varicose vein and a varicocele. A varicose vein is formed when the blood needs to find a route. This will happen if there is too much pressure on a blood vessel or if the blood vessel has been severed. A varicocele is cause a dialated vein cause by a faulty seal that shuts.

Much of that information is taken directly from my urologist who I have spoken with, at length about varicoceles. Nothing personal, but I have to trust the person I know actually went to medical school. Why don't you post a picture of your degree?

varicose veins are due to faulty valves, your urologist should know that, its simple physiology.....the physiology behind a varicocele is similar and can range from anything from renal cell carcinoma to normal physiology. they are most common on the left bc the left testicular vein drains into the left renal vein, whereas the right testicular vein has a more direct route to the inferior vena cava, making backup pressure much less likely

and as for my medical degree i refuse to post personal inforamtion of myself on a public forum

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mumzi said:
Could you elaborate? WBC's would be where? Inflammation of the arm pits from bacteria? (in addition to the normal flora ?) How would that affect sweat glands?

If one were to culture the bacteria under the foreskin, what would the finding be?

its fine your opinion is different....

Author: Mark A Crowe, MD, Assistant Clinical Instructor, Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington School of Medicine Coauthor(s): Mark A Hall, MD, Staff Physician, Dermatology Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center

"Sex: Males develop the disease most often, with a male-to-female ratio of 3-25:1.
  • Uncircumcised men develop chancroid more often than circumcised men. Patients who are uncircumcised do not respond as well to treatment as those who are circumcised. "
that was one quick example i came up with.....im honestly too busy to look up more information to sustain an argument that is pointless.....I know i will always recommend circumcision. i know physicians that dont, but they are a minority.....maybe my area is different? doubtful tho

also you dont read close enough, i didnt say armpits are inflammed, i said no matter how often you shower, your armpits will have a higher amount of bacteria than most other parts of your body.....relate that to foreskin.....i have seen unpublished research at universities that there are higher levels of s.aureus, s.epi, even psudomonas.....there was even higher levels of e.coli.....if there isnt an increased risk for infection, why would balantitis be found almost exclusively in uncircumcised? why would the risk for UTI's be increased?

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Like I said, I am going to take the medical advice of my urologist who has his degrees posted in his office.

I don't know where you live, but I know that in America doctors have stopped performing circumcisions as a normal procedure. It's only done for religious reasons, at the insistence of the parents and when there is a medical need (Except in some of the Southern states maybe).

This is a site written by a doctor who cited his sources.

http://www.noharmm.org/problem.htm

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IntactMale said:
Like I said, I am going to take the medical advice of my urologist who has his degrees posted in his office.

I don't know where you live, but I know that in America doctors have stopped performing circumcisions as a normal procedure. It's only done for religious reasons, at the insistence of the parents and when there is a medical need (Except in some of the Southern states maybe).

This is a site written by a doctor who cited his sources.

http://www.noharmm.org/problem.htm

not true.....again im not here to debate relentlessly on a topic thats going nowhere.....i just dont think people should be claiming that there are absolutely no consequences to being uncircumcised.....yes there are some consequences to being circumcised but they are relatively rare.....theres probably higher rates of GI bleeding or kidney damage due to NSAIDs.....and about the sources, i am not attempting to publish material here.....my sources are from Bates, Robbins, Harrisons, and other clinical references.....i dont have the time nor care enough to find and post all the sources.....and anyways, im not from the south

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Let me add to this thread that will never end. Just a thought for many of you to ponder. If bacteria grows easier in a uncircumsized man, because bacteria has more of a chance to develope under a mans foreskin, then doesn't bacteria have a better chance to develope in a womans vagina because she has vaginal lips ? Don't think so. I think bacteria becomes a breeding ground on men and women who do not keep those areas clean. If extra skin was the problem, doctors would be clipping those lips off right and left.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Balantitis is candita, any man can get it, as can women. (it dwells in our body)
What kind of bacteria?
Other than normal flora? Skin is skin, non more dirty than the other. The arm pit has more sweat glans and warm moist areas are prone to bacteria over growth. Keep the area clean.
Of course you'll find less bacteria on normal dry skin.

Our body is full of normal bacteria, our normal flora: eukaryotic fungi , protists and yes.... pseudomonas which can invade virtually any tissue.
The normal flora of humans is exceedingly complex and consists of more than 200 species of bacteria.

Why would we be so concerned with the foreskin, when 500-600 different kinds of bacteria thrive in the mouth. The nose: gram positive bacterium staphylococcus aureus. Our stomach: helicobacter pylori. Bowels: e-coli
The vagina, the mother of mucous membranes: lactobacillus.
Normal flora consists of communities of bacteria that function as microbial ecosystems.

Of course some physicians have personal preference, some will not do a c -section if there are prior c-sections, however, some feel vaginal birth is an option.
Episiotomies are done much less by even physicians. I don't do routine episiotomy; studies do not support routine use of episiotomy. (where fetal distress is not involved) I don't see anymore problems with primiparas,as long as you protect the perineum.

I don't like birthing chairs, I find they cause more tearing. However some midwives swear by them.

Last year in one of my cont education courses they presented studies that suggested women who had hysterectomies had less vaginal yeast infections.
Shall we recommend that women who suffer from vaginitis have hysterectomies?

If a medical professional has a particular personal opinion they can usually find studies to support their opinion.
I'm not going to argue the point anymore, clearly we have a difference of opinion.

I would say to the posters here that if they have concerns about this particular subject, they should talk to their own physician. Medical advise over the net is probably not a good idea.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mumzi said:
If a medical professional has a particular personal opinion they can usually find studies to support their opinion.
I'm not going to argue the point anymore, clearly we have a difference of opinion.

I would say to the posters here that if they have concerns about this particular subject, they should talk to their own physician. Medical advise over the net is probably not a good idea.

you kinda reiterated what i was saying.....people should be getting their advice from physicians, their own physicians......they should not be getting advice from an internet forum where people rant and rave about being mutilated when there ARE consequences of being circumcised and being uncircumcised

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
just one thing stuck out in that also.....H.pylori is not normal flora in the stomach.....it is definitely infectious.....if it were normal flora there would be no purpose for the blood antigen test.....also s.aureus is not normal flora of the nose, in fact people with s.aureus in the nose are carriers, usually medical professionals and there is recommended treatment to get people rid of being a carrier

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
josiah852 said:
Let me add to this thread that will never end. Just a thought for many of you to ponder. If bacteria grows easier in a uncircumsized man, because bacteria has more of a chance to develope under a mans foreskin, then doesn't bacteria have a better chance to develope in a womans vagina because she has vaginal lips ? Don't think so. I think bacteria becomes a breeding ground on men and women who do not keep those areas clean. If extra skin was the problem, doctors would be clipping those lips off right and left.

its not really a thought to ponder.....well it is until you read the physiology.....bacteria does have a much higher potential to grown inside a vagina than under a mans foreskin.....however, normal flora of the vagina keep the pH at such a level that other bacteria can not survive at in infectious numbers.....that bug is actually lactobacillus and increased sugar levels easily kill this bug, which is why yeast infections are so common in diabetic women.....basically the sugar kills lactobacillus, which raises the pH, which allows other bacteria and fungi to grow, candida overgrows and causes yeast infections

Doc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
baseball99 said:
also the evidence stating that you lose sensation is very weak as well......most conduction studies show similar responses with cut and uncut

I'm not one to argue for either side on circumcision. But I can tell you from my experience I don't need studies to know that I have lost a good deal of sensation from before and after (over time of course). I am curious. Are you circumcised, and if you are, do you remember the difference?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Lee_M said:
Previously id always been with cut guys and swored it never touch an uncut cock. However my current guy is uncut and i love it. I like the feeling of the way it moves in my hand and the feeling of the slick gliding sensation it has. And also not having to worry about a handjob running dry..much better

That's the primary benefit of being "uncut". Can "play" with no lube.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IntactMale said:
Don't you think millions of years of evolution would've eliminated our foreskin if the bacteria growing in it was harmful to us?

no, its called an oppotunistic infection.....basically a slight overgrowth can cause UTI or balantitis..... although it doesnt fall under the defnition that most people understand about opportunistic infection, it is....millions of years of evolution have left us with an appendix, which only serves a purpose of possibly getting inflamed (also opportunistic due to injury, a fecalith, etc).....wisdom teeth are also another vestigial structure......a bigger example is DNA, look at how much DNA is non-coding and how many millions of genes are inactivated but are functional in apes.

also, dont you think millions of years of evolution would make young girls less likely to get a UTI when theyre first sexually active, yet S. saprophyticis is still a major problem of adolescent girls

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doc said:
I'm not one to argue for either side on circumcision. But I can tell you from my experience I don't need studies to know that I have lost a good deal of sensation from before and after (over time of course). I am curious. Are you circumcised, and if you are, do you remember the difference?

thanks for the information......i have met guys that have said they have had sensation removed and other that said no sensation is lost at all.....many that had a circumcision were type 2 diabetics who after the circumcision began showing signs of neuropathy (completely unrelated to the circumcision) in their legs.....i'd relate it to many medical procedures where open heart surgery may work for one person and let them become more active again and another wont have as good of luck.....

something kind of unrelated but i see so many people talking about how bad circumcision is and how they wont make the decisions for their sons yet so many parents keep smoking in front of their children, exposing them to harmful chemicals more likely to damage their life than a circumcision

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
baseball99 said:
no, its called an oppotunistic infection.....basically a slight overgrowth can cause UTI or balantitis..... although it doesnt fall under the defnition that most people understand about opportunistic infection, it is....millions of years of evolution have left us with an appendix, which only serves a purpose of possibly getting inflamed (also opportunistic due to injury, a fecalith, etc).....wisdom teeth are also another vestigial structure

Millions of years have left us with an appendix that shirnks smaller and smaller with each generation. Just like your little toe, your wisdom teeth.

Are you calling foreskins vestigial structures? They serve a purpose, even if you have been brainwashed into thinking there is something dangerous about having one, you can't deny that they serve a purpose.

If a foreskin is a disavantage to a male then he will reproduce less often as a result, whether it is for physiological issues or because it is unattractive to females. So overtime men with smaller foreskins would reproduce more, making men with a smaller average sized foreskin until it eventually disappeared. Obviously that hasn't happened.

Also, wisdom teeth are not vestigial organs. They still serve a purpose whether or not they may cause a problem in some people.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IntactMale said:
Millions of years have left us with an appendix that shirnks smaller and smaller with each generation. Just like your little toe, your wisdom teeth.

Are you calling foreskins vestigial structures? They serve a purpose, even if you have been brainwashed into thinking there is something dangerous about having one, you can't deny that they serve a purpose.

If a foreskin is a disavantage to a male then he will reproduce less often as a result, whether it is for physiological issues or because it is unattractive to females. So overtime men with smaller foreskins would reproduce more, making men with a smaller average sized foreskin until it eventually disappeared. Obviously that hasn't happened.

Also, wisdom teeth are not vestigial organs. They still serve a purpose whether or not they may cause a problem in some people.

im sorry but your understanding of science is pretty funny.....please tell me youre not a bio or chem major.....the appendix does not shrink with every generation, on MRI or CT scan you find the appendix based on location and size! i didnt call the foreskin vestigial......the vestigial structure argument was in response to someone saying millions of years of evolution would have removed harmful bacteria.....please read an entire post before you assume something.....again i am done with this argument because it has turned from a mildly intellignet argument to something so pitiful......

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Doc said:

:rolleyes:

I cant be convinced :redface: that foreskin (that is not problemetic like thight or whatever) do not give a good deal of extra sensations to man...(and myself as a partner)

Just picturing him masturbating with a foreskin...hmmm...must feel very good indeed.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My parents chose not to circumcise me, against the advice of their doctor. From the time I was learning to bathe myself, they taught me the importance of good hygiene. I am now 47 years old, have been sexually active since age 15, and I have never had a sexually transmitted disease or an infection of either the foreskin or the glans. I'm glad my penis is still intact, and I have never had a sex partner who thought it was "gross."

Xii

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Gisella said:
:rolleyes:

I cant be convinced :redface: that foreskin (that is not problemetic like thight or whatever) do not give a good deal of extra sensations to man...(and myself as a partner)

Just picturing him masturbating with a foreskin...hmmm...must feel very good indeed.

I'm with ya :)