Cute and Handsome

SouthernComfirt

Just Browsing
Media
Most of the times , I have been called handsome by women and gay men. Whereas, cute has been used very few times. I want to understand the difference between the two. I would also love to know which one is your preference as in you want to be with a cute man or handsome man. I know this is not women's issue; but women have created this an issue for me. Gay guys are also welcome to lend me a helping hand to understand the difference between the two terms frequently used to complement/describe a man.
Thank you in advance!

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is what I sort of think about when I use/hear the words.. xD

Cute - Awwww, I want him to be my boyfriend!

Hot - Oh dayum, take me now!

Handsome - Uhm.. nice clothes.

But that's just me. Words and language gives us all different images when used.

(And there's a forum section called "Appearance" and such I think this would suit better.)

SouthernComfirt

Just Browsing
Media
Interesting!
Thank you for your response. That means, any man can be a handsome man; it is all about nice clothes. Unfortunately, I do not wear nice clothes most of the time so I am even more puzzled. Sorry for posting in women's section; may be mod can move this thread there. It seems I do not have any chance with you :(

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Words and language are also connected to what generation we're from and how we adapt to the changes in language.

So, as I'm pretty young, handsome has never really been a word which I used to describe someones looks, thereby it doesn't really have any good connotation for me. However, if a person from an older generation was asked, they might think differently, as in their time handsome might have been a more commonly used word than for example "hot".

That's only one of the factors.. there's countless others. :p What area you live in, how others around you use their language, what social class you belong to, how you were raised, and so on and so on...

Dude, this is a complex thing! xD Haha.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To me:
Cute means boyishly attractive, generally spoken about in the same way a cute girl is cute.
Handsome means rugged good looks or a more distinguished type of attractiveness, like a beautiful woman, as opposed to a cute one.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Handsome, I use to describe a MAN that I find attractive, especially facial looks. Most of the time it's an older guy.

Cute, is awwwwww he's cute, could be friend material. *visions of puppies and kittens* He's probably also a young guy.

Hawt, means OMG would you look at that, which probably means he's just a mirage and I should really have some water. I've only ever seen two men IRL that I would say are truely hawt.

Unfortunately, what one person finds attractive others might not. Words are just words, don't stress.

Last edited by a moderator:

SouthernComfirt

Just Browsing
Media
I was just on call with one of my friend who is a girl (not my girlfriend). Since this question is in my mind I asked her. She said handsome men are the ones who are responsible, look strong and can be very successful in any situation the are put in. At the same time, they are very good looking and sexy and are sophisticated. She said cute men are the ones who are more boys like and you can cuddle with them. She said she feels a bit insecure with handsome men and she likes this feeling and it makes her keep him in mind all the time and she wants to be with him all the time. It seems she is into handsome men. btw, she is in her late 20s and a white female. I lived in newyork for 2 years and recently moved to alabama, handsome has not changed for me. :(

SouthernComfirt

Just Browsing
Media
It depends who you ask - that's what people are trying to say to you. There is no right answer to the question.

It isn't just beauty that is in the eye of the beholder, but also handsomeness, cuteness and hotness.
^^ your answer is diplomatic and you have passed no wisdom to me <sorry :frown1:>. So I asked this question to forum people, you are one of them so what is the difference between the two and which one you prefer ?

Last edited:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Most of the times , I have been called handsome by women and gay men. Whereas, cute has been used very few times. I want to understand the difference between the two. I would also love to know which one is your preference as in you want to be with a cute man or handsome man. I know this is not women's issue; but women have created this an issue for me. Gay guys are also welcome to lend me a helping hand to understand the difference between the two terms frequently used to complement/describe a man.
Thank you in advance!

Fuck you, you fucking fuck.